News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry electric buses

Started by Ben, March 18, 2020, 12:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayfield

4 new electrics on trade plates in convoy heading down the M40 near Gaydon this morning around 09.30

Tony

All up to E127 except E111; E113; E119 & E121 are now built and in the commissioning process

Ginger66

1908 looks very impressive, 

cvbususer

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 02, 2022, 09:12:33 PM1908 looks very impressive,

Agreed. I won't get too ahead of myself as ADL seem to be the statistical likelihood at NX for DDs, and Wrightbus for SDs, but who knows! Would look super stealthy in the new livery too.

I should add, whoever designed the temporary vinyl livery for the loan unit deserves plaudits. Looks fantastic for a temporary job! Really nice design to pop on it.

RW

Are NX seriously looking at the purchase of SD electric vehicles any time soon?

Gareth

Quote from: RW on December 03, 2022, 08:54:48 AMAre NX seriously looking at the purchase of SD electric vehicles any time soon?
As the whole fleet will eventually be zero emission, then yes they need to start looking at what's available and maybe evaluating different types.

Bethhart2022

Tony

QuoteIs the e citaro out today
In garage at the moment

markcf83

One for Tony to answer if he knows. How many of the electrics are likely to be available for service by the end of the year? 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

QuoteOne for Tony to answer if he knows. How many of the electrics are likely to be available for service by the end of the year?
It is looking like the 10 original, plus the 47 new ones already there, the delay isn't the buses, but the charging points being fitted and working, along with the handover of Cox Street Car Park. There's 4 still at BC and another 39 built, inspected and stored at Bruntingthorpe airfield, ready to be delivered as soon as NX request them

markcf83

Quote from: Tony on December 08, 2022, 11:56:45 AMIt is looking like the 10 original, plus the 47 new ones already there, the delay isn't the buses, but the charging points being fitted and working, along with the handover of Cox Street Car Park. There's 4 still at BC and another 39 built, inspected and stored at Bruntingthorpe airfield, ready to be delivered as soon as NX request them
Thanks for the comprehensive answer Tony. Most helpful as I will be in the West Midlands on the 30th and 31st...... 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

cvbususer

Quote from: Tony on December 08, 2022, 11:56:45 AMIt is looking like the 10 original, plus the 47 new ones already there, the delay isn't the buses, but the charging points being fitted and working, along with the handover of Cox Street Car Park. There's 4 still at BC and another 39 built, inspected and stored at Bruntingthorpe airfield, ready to be delivered as soon as NX request them
Wow... ADL certainly not messing about by the sounds of things in terms of speed of production. Seems a shame to have so many great new buses essentially parked up, but I suppose the whole point of the electric bus city project from central government is to figure out all of these teething problems. Lot's of retirements and cascades when those all eventually filter in.

windy miller

Had a couple of hours to spare in/around pool meadow today (Wednesday)
Noted EO 36 40 43 44 45 46 47 48 51 53 54 56 60 61 62 63 65 66 67 
 069 70 72 75 80 81 82 83 86 90 106   all in service.  AND the Royal 
 appointment  E 1952R .... nice touch but does it carry a fleet No???
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Gareth

E1952R is the number it carries, but is E052 officially.

windy miller

Thanks Gareth    I assume the figure '052' does not appear on the vehicle?  
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk