News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasmine

Quote from: Stu on September 30, 2024, 07:46:41 PMSome people might have gotten a bit nostalgic - "ah the good old days" of toothpaste-liveried Scanias new to the 16. :azn:

yeah nostalgia hits like a truck i am already missing the orange 16's and they've only just left!!!
16/16A "enjoyer"

Very very strange seeing Milkfloats on the no8 route I had to look twice at springhill island , I haven't seen deckers on there since hockley garage days with metrobuses

BusDriverBosh

Quote from: 2900 on September 30, 2024, 08:26:14 PMVery very strange seeing Milkfloats on the no8 route I had to look twice at springhill island , I haven't seen deckers on there since hockley garage days with metrobuses
Definitely a rare sight! I got slightly confused when I first saw it at Belgrave Middleway (by the McDonalds)
Bus Driver
61 - Birmingham ➡️ Frankley
63 - Birmingham ➡️ Longbridge ➡️ Frankley

Tony

E303 & E326 are now in service

Tony

E328 & E331 have gone to PB today

No electrics on the 1875 tonight, but a start on getting 3 ready for Saturday is being done tomorrow

Ingleboro261F

Quote from: Tony on October 01, 2024, 08:21:00 AME303 & E326 are now in service
Was E326 on the 101 today 

Tony

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on October 01, 2024, 07:56:13 PMWas E326 on the 101 today
When a bus isn't tracking I can only see where it is. And it is currently in Perry Barr garage

Ingleboro261F

Thanks for that, I need to locate my bus pass and I don't know if a driver has picked it up I believe it is on this bus but I can't contact them as it's closed and have no other way of getting to college 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on October 01, 2024, 08:16:35 PMThanks for that, I need to locate my bus pass and I don't know if a driver has picked it up I believe it is on this bus but I can't contact them as it's closed and have no other way of getting to college
If you know what time you caught the bus someone at PB might be able to find out what veichle was on that journey, or ask the Driver of that journey did they find anything on the Veichle or the driver who took it over after the driver of your journey if they swapped over after
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

RW

Presumably E334, when delivered, will be the last of the current order for EV's. What comes next in the context of EV's or will there be a pause for NXWM to catch its breath?

BK63 YWP

QuotePresumably E334, when delivered, will be the last of the current order for EV's. What comes next in the context of EV's or will there be a pause for NXWM to catch its breath?
130 more due rumoured to be wrights electroliners 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Ingleboro261F

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on October 02, 2024, 10:59:02 AMIf you know what time you caught the bus someone at PB might be able to find out what veichle was on that journey, or ask the Driver of that journey did they find anything on the Veichle or the driver who took it over after the driver of your journey if they swapped over after
I am going to the garage to ask. I also know that it was E326 as it was the only E3xx bus that was going towards Handsworth at the time of me catching it.

The Real 4777

It occurred to me earlier, whilst sat behind E2xx at a respectful distance, that the 'Zero Emissions at the tailpipe' slogan actually makes no sense. 

For starters, we have exhaust pipes in this country, but moreover, an electrical bus doesn't have an exhaust pipe, so the claim is factually impossible.

jasmine

Quote from: The Real 4777 on October 02, 2024, 07:58:08 PMIt occurred to me earlier, whilst sat behind E2xx at a respectful distance, that the 'Zero Emissions at the tailpipe' slogan actually makes no sense.

For starters, we have exhaust pipes in this country, but moreover, an electrical bus doesn't have an exhaust pipe, so the claim is factually impossible.
That's the joke lol, it's not meant to be factual. it's meant to make you think this, it's irony.
16/16A "enjoyer"

The Real 4777

Quote from: jasmine on October 02, 2024, 08:43:09 PMThat's the joke lol, it's not meant to be factual. it's meant to make you think this, it's irony.

If so, the irony is pretty dark (appropriately) when the production emissions in China are considered. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk