News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

QuoteI would happily take a Scania over a B7 anyday. The constant moaning about Scania's is very tiresome. I don't hear the same notion with garages that have way too many B7's on Decker routes. The B7's legroom is hardly an improvement either.

Also the Urban 2's must be the most have the most boring sound. Nothing compared to the Urban 1's. The E200MMC's aren't anything of an improvement either!
Those E200MMCs are the most underpowered and sluggish buses ever, I'd happily take a scania and be somewhere a few minutes quicker and pull out of red lights on time rather than 5 minutes later 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

The Real 4777

Quote from: BBS on September 29, 2024, 11:43:54 PMThose E200MMCs are the most underpowered and sluggish buses ever, I'd happily take a scania and be somewhere a few minutes quicker and pull out of red lights on time rather than 5 minutes later

And given the enthusiasm of traffic management companies to install a contraflow system for a 1cm infringement of a pavement these days, you're never more than 100 yards from a 3-way traffic light.

I jest, but only slightly.

Ingleboro261F

Quote from: Jack on September 29, 2024, 08:33:37 PMI would happily take a Scania over a B7 anyday. The constant moaning about Scania's is very tiresome. I don't hear the same notion with garages that have way too many B7's on Decker routes. The B7's legroom is hardly an improvement either.

Also the Urban 2's must be the most have the most boring sound. Nothing compared to the Urban 1's. The E200MMC's aren't anything of an improvement either!
A ZF Ecomat happily beats a rubbish ecolife that's adapted to euro 6 anyday.

Tony

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on Yesterday at 07:51:11 AMA ZF Ecomat happily beats a rubbish ecolife that's adapted to euro 6 anyday.
Gearboxes aren't adapted to Euro 6.

Tony

E326 and E327 now at PB, E327 was straight in for first inspection so may be out tomorrow morning.

Three of the parked up YW ones may enter service at BC tomorrow on the 1875 if they can be prepared in time

TGZac

Quote from: Tony on Yesterday at 03:53:12 PME326 and E327 now at PB, E327 was straight in for first inspection so may be out tomorrow morning.

Three of the parked up YW ones may enter service at BC tomorrow on the 1875 if they can be prepared in time
If they enter service on time, will they sneak onto other routes or stay on the 1875?

Tony

Quote from: TGZac on Yesterday at 05:42:15 PMIf they enter service on time, will they sneak onto other routes or stay on the 1875?

definitely no other routes. No charging facility for more than occasional use, and drivers not trained on them

Mayfield

cris 99

Quote from: Mayfield on Yesterday at 06:05:10 PMWhat's the 1875 ?
It's the new shuttle bus from Birmingham to the Birmingham city football ground 
17//72/73/97/X12

Straightlines

Quote from: Tony on September 29, 2024, 11:18:03 AMThe 8 will be classed as a double deck route 7 days a week, but at the moment with 17 electrics still to arrive at PB it makes sense to carry on using Scanias on there, not anywhere else on a weekday
Not sure they got the memo given the multiple Omnilinks on the 16 and 67 today! 

BBS

First WM electric is on X1 today, not sure fleet number 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

jasmine

Quote from: Straightlines on Yesterday at 06:23:25 PMNot sure they got the memo given the multiple Omnilinks on the 16 and 67 today!
i was so shocked lmao, at one point bustimes said there was more omnilinks on the 16 than e400's
16/16A "enjoyer"

Stu

Quote from: jasmine on Yesterday at 07:39:06 PMi was so shocked lmao, at one point bustimes said there was more omnilinks on the 16 than e400's
Some people might have gotten a bit nostalgic - "ah the good old days" of toothpaste-liveried Scanias new to the 16. :azn:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk