News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on May 13, 2024, 02:50:30 PMI've just seen an abellio London single dicker bus looks like a wrightbus vehicle (maybe a GB kite??) around AG, What's it doing around there nearly 100 miles away?
On delivery, they all call in Graysons at Tyseley 

0.5%

Quote from: Wba_lad on May 10, 2024, 05:12:00 PMThere is a low bridge on the 28 so can't go on there
ok , thank you 

darthdc

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on May 13, 2024, 02:50:30 PMI've just seen an abellio London single dicker bus looks like a wrightbus vehicle (maybe a GB kite??) around AG, What's it doing around there nearly 100 miles away?
Saw a London DD up by the Swan in Yardley last Wednesday.

Tony

Six more electrics have been registered, E251; E252; E253; E255; E256 & E257
details here  E001 upwards (wmbusphotos.com)

These are planned to see first use on the Bristol to Glastonbury shuttles next month

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on May 18, 2024, 06:05:27 PMSix more electrics have been registered, E251; E252; E253; E255; E256 & E257
details here  E001 upwards (wmbusphotos.com)

These are planned to see first use on the Bristol to Glastonbury shuttles next month
Wasn't it the Zenobe, Z400* buses that was used up Glastonbury last year. 

Tony

For clarification, I had mentioned the new electric buses entering service from 29th May. The chargers are planned to be switched on Wednesday 29th May and 14 will hopefully then be available to use on Thursday 30th

LD713821

Quote from: Tony on April 24, 2024, 07:13:40 PMThe next order, which is likely to start delivery later this year, that I cannot give details of yet, but it will not be BYD
I'm predicting Electroliners for 4/4A. Then remaining single deckers get given to 8A/8C to replace Omnilinks (unless that get DD's) or 72 (if 72 can handle single deckers - to get rid of the B7TLS)

Jack

Quote from: LD713821 on May 23, 2024, 03:26:10 PMI'm predicting Electroliners for 4/4A. Then remaining single deckers get given to 8A/8C to replace Omnilinks (unless that get DD's) or 72 (if 72 can handle single deckers - to get rid of the B7TLS)
I don't think so, those E200MMC's are fine to stay where they are. They wouldn't be able to do the 8 with a lot of tight streets and turns, same goes for the rest of PB's Scania services. Again whys there an obsession with the 8 going Decker?

The 4/4A work fine with the single deckers. The 72 needs Deckers, but copes fine with full SD operation when it's the school holidays.

I can see PB getting the remaining B7's at Coventry to see off the last of their Omnilinks when their times up.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Jack on May 23, 2024, 04:09:34 PMI don't think so, those E200MMC's are fine to stay where they are. They wouldn't be able to do the 8 with a lot of tight streets and turns, same goes for the rest of PB's Scania services. Again whys there an obsession with the 8 going Decker?

The 4/4A work fine with the single deckers. The 72 needs Deckers, but copes fine with full SD operation when it's the school holidays.

I can see PB getting the remaining B7's at Coventry to see off the last of their Omnilinks when their times up.
I disagree regarding the 4/4A, the E200 MMCs barely cope especially during rush hour. Just like the 2/3, it seems that they can just about use single deckers, but will significantly improve with double deckers. 

The first thing that the 8A/C needs is an improvement to its reliability, it gets caught in traffic in almost every area, leading to it commonly bunching up. 

Imo, any route that can support double deckers should be double deckers (situation permitting ofc).

Jack

Quote from: Ronnoc on May 23, 2024, 04:33:13 PMI disagree regarding the 4/4A, the E200 MMCs barely cope especially during rush hour. Just like the 2/3, it seems that they can just about use single deckers, but will significantly improve with double deckers.

The first thing that the 8A/C needs is an improvement to its reliability, it gets caught in traffic in almost every area, leading to it commonly bunching up.

Imo, any route that can support double deckers should be double deckers (situation permitting ofc).
I've noticed the 4/4A struggle when buses are late and gaps appear in service. The 4/4A also regularly get Deckers to help too. 
I myself have caught the 4/4A in rush hour and bagged a seat.

By that logic 'any route that can have Deckers should have them' are you really suggesting to waste Deckers on routes that don't need them and can cope with Single Deckers? I.e the WB 40 and WA 36 for example? The Deckers should be on routes where they are actually required on...

Stu

Quote from: Ronnoc on May 23, 2024, 04:33:13 PMI disagree regarding the 4/4A, the E200 MMCs barely cope especially during rush hour. Just like the 2/3, it seems that they can just about use single deckers, but will significantly improve with double deckers. 
Quote from: Jack on May 23, 2024, 06:58:34 PMI've noticed the 4/4A struggle when buses are late and gaps appear in service. The 4/4A also regularly get Deckers to help too. 
Whilst waiting for a 2/3 in Sparkbrook, I do often see very full single decks on the 4/4A, but a lot of the time, by that point there are more people getting off than getting on.

I've been in Birmingham city centre myself at the weekend over the last couple of weeks and I've seen first-hand what happens.

With the changes due to the Moor Street Queensway metro works, all the Stratford Road services are now using the same stop, so it is simply the case that anyone just going to Sparkbrook will just 'pile on' to the first bus that arrives.

I think it was the other weekend, I was waiting for a 2 or 3, and I watched a 4 pull up, and a huge crowd of people all tried to get on board this single deck. While this bus was loading, a 6 and then a 5 - both double-deck - pulled up behind. While some people were sensible enough to move down the pavement and load themselves onto these vehicles, it seemed that most were still determined to get on this single-deck. The 5 and 6 actually both loaded and departed ahead of the 4.

Quote from: Jack on May 23, 2024, 06:58:34 PMI myself have caught the 4/4A in rush hour and bagged a seat.
You must be like me - you just know there will be seats available towards the rear, even if there is a crowd of people standing at the front in the gangway!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ingleboro261F

It would be cool to see something other than a Enviro or a b7xx on the 4/4A

Tony

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on May 23, 2024, 09:54:11 PMIt would be cool to see something other than a Enviro or a b7xx on the 4/4A
There's Geminis & E400MMCs on there regularly

Ingleboro261F

Quote from: Tony on May 23, 2024, 10:03:13 PMThere's Geminis & E400MMCs on there regularly
Excluding those buses

EK40

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on May 24, 2024, 05:54:41 AMExcluding those buses
i mean its got different 4 types on it regularly, more than basically 99% of routes in the midlands

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk