News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnoc

The route 27 will have a bit of an issue in the coming years. The bridge at Bourneville station is a triange 9' 9, in which a 10' 6(?) Omnilink can fit under nicely. However, since Omnilinks are getting replaced relatively fast (presumably all withdrawn by late-2025 ) and all new electrics seem to be too tall for that bridge. It may require a re-routing of that portion of the 27 because the adjacent Mary Vale Rd looks to be too impractical for any NX bus.

cardew

Quote from: Ronnoc on April 27, 2024, 02:41:04 PMThe route 27 will have a bit of an issue in the coming years. The bridge at Bourneville station is a triange 9' 9, in which a 10' 6(?) Omnilink can fit under nicely. However, since Omnilinks are getting replaced relatively fast (presumably all withdrawn by late-2025 ) and all new electrics seem to be too tall for that bridge. It may require a re-routing of that portion of the 27 because the adjacent Mary Vale Rd looks to be too impractical for any NX bus.
Absolutely correct. Kev's run short length E200s down Mary Vale and I have seen the very occasional double decker use it in the past (can't recall which operator this was). The junction with Pershore Road is very tight, probably too tight for a full length single decker to manage and I have seen the 27 take a lengthy diversion via Cotteridge when there are road works along Bournville Lane. A bit of a dilemma. 

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on April 24, 2024, 07:45:20 PMI've driven the Merc & Yutong singles as well.

The Electroliner is my favourite so far, but all four are really nice for the driver so very little in it.
Could national express potentially ever see electoliners in the fleet, or is it highly unlikely. Sorry if this is something you cannot give out. 

BBS

QuoteCould national express potentially ever see electoliners in the fleet, or is it highly unlikely. Sorry if this is something you cannot give out.
Why ask if you know that's something he can't give out?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: Ronnoc on April 27, 2024, 02:41:04 PMThe route 27 will have a bit of an issue in the coming years. The bridge at Bourneville station is a triange 9' 9, in which a 10' 6(?) Omnilink can fit under nicely. However, since Omnilinks are getting replaced relatively fast (presumably all withdrawn by late-2025 ) and all new electrics seem to be too tall for that bridge. It may require a re-routing of that portion of the 27 because the adjacent Mary Vale Rd looks to be too impractical for any NX bus.
I have mentioned this before earlier in this thread about how eventually the 27 will have to be rerouted, as any electric single-deck will not be able to fit under that bridge.

However no OmniLinks have been replaced yet.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 27, 2024, 07:15:40 PMCould national express potentially ever see electoliners in the fleet, or is it highly unlikely. Sorry if this is something you cannot give out.
Potentially, yes. Highly unlikely, maybe.

Either way you won't get a straight answer out of Tony when he is unable to do so.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

Quote from: Solo1 on April 27, 2024, 01:05:49 PMWhat services will see the new electric buses be going on first as I make it 62 deckers for service - 40 new buses I know the deckers are been replaced i was asking as only 40 new electric buses coming out leaving 12 diesel busesso what will they end up on
It's not 'only 40' coming out, it's just the first 40.

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on April 27, 2024, 01:05:49 PMWhat services will see the new electric buses be going on first as I make it 62 deckers for service - 40 new buses I know the deckers are been replaced i was asking as only 40 new electric buses coming out leaving 12 diesel busesso what will they end up on
62-40=12?

danny

Just out If interest how long does it take to fully charge an electric and does it last a full day or do the buses have to pop off service for a refill, ans could we see top up facilities at terminus's, I remember when Decorcey had a fleet of electric Versas for the P&R and there were charging facilities at Memorial park. 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Solo1

Sorry22 diesel deckers  at Perry Barr after the first 40 electric buses enter service 

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on April 28, 2024, 04:30:00 PMSorry22 diesel deckers  at Perry Barr after the first 40 electric buses enter service
Except the first 40 are unlikely to replace all double decks.

Solo1

Quote from: Tony on April 28, 2024, 04:38:32 PMExcept the first 40 are unlikely to replace all double decks.
I was asking which of the services at Perry Barr  that currently uses deckers will have the new electric buses on to start with

winston

Quote from: Solo1 on April 28, 2024, 04:43:01 PMI was asking which of the services at Perry Barr  that currently uses deckers will have the new electric buses on to start with

Why do people have to know everything in advance, why can't people just wait until they enter service. 

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on April 28, 2024, 04:43:01 PMI was asking which of the services at Perry Barr  that currently uses deckers will have the new electric buses on to start with

And I have posted in various places - all of them!

Danthebusman

Quote from: danny on April 28, 2024, 04:13:49 PMJust out If interest how long does it take to fully charge an electric and does it last a full day or do the buses have to pop off service for a refill, ans could we see top up facilities at terminus's, I remember when Decorcey had a fleet of electric Versas for the P&R and there were charging facilities at Memorial park.
While I don't know how long they take to charge, I do know they have a split in the boards that run over 15(?) hours, so E223 for example will be in service for the first half and it will be replaced at some point in the day by another vehicle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk