News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 30, 2020, 07:39:17 PM
Bit off topic question regarding the new electrics but still within the range of electric buses?
The Wolves hybrids are currently being converted to diesel, is there an ETA on when all of them will be diesel and will the BC ones follow suit?

As far as I know, so far no-one has yet converted a Volvo Hybrid. EYMS are currently working on a Go North east one at the moment, but there is more to do with those. Once EYMS have successfully done the first then there may be a flood of them to do!

winston

Another NXC Electric on delivery on M40 near Warwick approx 12.30am this morning

Tony

All of E001-E019 are now at YW ready to enter service.

Plan is for 11 of them to go out on Sunday, first one leaves the garage at 06:37.

On Monday, if they are all fit, all 19 may see use, although not all at the same time as there are a couple of run ins to recharge while others go out.

With the Coventry ones E020 and E021 are both at Coventry for driver training, E022 is at BC. The will all be branded at BC once the branding is delivered

Stu

Quote from: Tony on July 03, 2020, 07:16:22 PM

Plan is for 11 of them to go out on Sunday, first one leaves the garage at 06:37.

On Monday, if they are all fit, all 19 may see use, although not all at the same time as there are a couple of run ins to recharge while others go out.

Thanks, you've answered a question I was meaning to ask, I was going to ask if it was likely we'd start seeing these in service next week.

Presumably they will all be out on the 6? Saves anybody wondering if any might 'sneak' onto other routes!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on July 03, 2020, 07:26:46 PM
Thanks, you've answered a question I was meaning to ask, I was going to ask if it was likely we'd start seeing these in service next week.

Presumably they will all be out on the 6? Saves anybody wondering if any might 'sneak' onto other routes!

Once they have settled down they may come out on the 2/3 on Sundays

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on July 03, 2020, 07:16:22 PM

With the Coventry ones E020 and E021 are both at Coventry for driver training, E022 is at BC. The will all be branded at BC once the branding is delivered
Is there an official confirmation on what service the Coventry ones will operate on?

Stevo

At last we can ride on one! This thread's been going since February and it's been a bit frustrating having to wait, though I'm sure we all understand why.

Stu

He got his photo opportunity then...

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

So E008 was the first Electric bus into passenger service.
E004. E011 & E015 also no out

RW

So Solihull to City Centre route is emission free. When and where next for ⚡️  vehicles?

karl724223

Quote from: RW on July 05, 2020, 04:09:29 PM
So Solihull to City Centre route is emission free. When and where next for ⚡️  vehicles?
coventry ffs

Busboy105

Quote from: RW on July 05, 2020, 04:09:29 PM
Not completely emission free but I get what you mean.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 05, 2020, 04:34:34 PM
Not completely emission free but I get what you mean.

Yes the 6 is completely emission free today

Ian Hardy

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2020, 04:52:01 PM
Yes the 6 is completely emission free today

But only if the electricity that was used to charge them up at YW was generated using emission free methods, if not then there have been emissions somewhere?

It reminds me when they introduced the electric Metroriders in Oxford and everybody was saying how brilliant they were as they removed pollution from Oxford City Centre. Someone drew a cartoon of a Metrorider and in the background was Didcot power station with all it's pollution:-)

Busboy105

Quote from: Ian Hardy on July 05, 2020, 07:43:32 PM
But only if the electricity that was used to charge them up at YW was generated using emission free methods, if not then there have been emissions somewhere?

It reminds me when they introduced the electric Metroriders in Oxford and everybody was saying how brilliant they were as they removed pollution from Oxford City Centre. Someone drew a cartoon of a Metrorider and in the background was Didcot power station with all it's pollution:-)
There were a couple photos of the buses near the Tyseley Power Plant. I don't know too much about it but I assume that  they would generate electricity from little to no emissions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk