News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Combined Authorty

Started by richardjones210368, January 23, 2020, 11:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2020, 06:49:06 PM
Without trains the West Midlands, and several other areas of the country would grind to a complete halt. That is the point of them.

The mayor has done absolutely nothing but talk to the managers of WMT.

He hasn't magiced up any more drivers or guards.
He hasn't made WMT lease any additional trains.

So I have no reason to believe the service would have been any different without him.

The 2019 problems were caused by
1) A shortage of staff and they still have the same number now.
2) Failure to recover from incidents causing delays mostly caused by Network Rail. This is the bit WMT could have done a lot better with, but in January we did not have any of these major problems, so we still don't know whether they will be any better at that or not.

I note in his statement he has released he said he has got them to use skipping stations as a last resort which is interesting as the LNWR 18:45 from Euston to Crewe on Saturday kicked everyone off at Rugby, including my daughter, so it could run non-stop to Crewe to make time up! - so no improvement there then.
To be honest I have nothing at all to do with The Mayor and his trains  and so I cannot conscructivly comment on your points @Tony but as always I am sure you have a major grasp on the problems Mr Street has had with West Midlands Railways on a lighter note I am sure you like me are pleased the emphasis WMCA ;for which we must congratulate them for; have put on its website of the investment in new greener more efficient buses for the good of everyone in the  West Midlands that Diamond Buses Limited have made in partnership with The Mayor

richardjones210368

Do you have a question you would like to #AskAndy?

Join us on Thurs 13 Feb for the chance to and ask the Mayor about the issues that matter to you.

Register your interest here: http://socsi.in/jkLzz

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2020, 06:52:17 PM
I am also a season ticket holder on the railway because I live in Cannock, so in theory do have a new platinum alternative, but the walk to Hednesford Station is 18 minutes, to Cannock Bus Station is 30 minutes, and Hednesford to Birmingham on the train at 45 minutes is far superior in time to the X51 even when it is on time like it is most days at the time I would use it.
Excellent @Tony the WMCA , TfWM & The Mayor are big fans of multi modal transport using all options I too have a railway station in Rowley Regis however as you quite rightly say when it's on time I prefer the X8 Plantum to Birmingham............

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 07:13:03 PM

Join us on Thurs 13 Feb for the chance to and ask the Mayor about the issues that matter to you.

Oh I would like to ask a question:

The usefullness of Bus Champions and how they can be possibly be any use, because when asked to submit comments they don't share your opinion on the service and when pressed, they tell you, you don't know what you are talking about and are abusive towards you.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 07:13:03 PM

I'd be asking the same questions that I asked the other day of our resident Bus Champion which I did not get an answer to:

Who attends these (bus champion) meetings and are they open to the public? If they are, why are they not more widely publicised?

What mechanism is there in place for bus users to report any concerns or feedback they may have about issues with bus services? Which can then be raised at these meetings for discussion.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 03, 2020, 07:32:44 PM
Oh I would like to ask a question:

The usefullness of Bus Champions and how they can be possibly be any use, because when asked to submit comments they don't share your opinion on the service and when pressed, they tell you, you don't know what you are talking about and are abusive towards you.
Oh you get used to that working as long as I have around the world of politics I am happy to share anyone concerns and comments at the meetings I attend that's no problem just email me and a number of posters on here submitted thier questions to me which I was happy to submit if your referring to the 11 what's the point in asking to raise points afterwards when the agenda is closed the day after a meeting I am more than happy to raise them next quarter in April.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on February 03, 2020, 07:37:54 PM

I'd be asking the same questions that I asked the other day of our resident Bus Champion which I did not get an answer to:

Who attends these (bus champion) meetings and are they open to the public? If they are, why are they not more widely publicised?

What mechanism is there in place for bus users to report any concerns or feedback they may have about issues with bus services? Which can then be raised at these meetings for discussion.
Full details of TfWM Bus Champions are avaliable on the Network West Midlands website to which I suggest you refer to @Stu and I have posted details of a public meeting with The Mayor next week open to all on the forum so instead of keep banging on and on what exactly more do you want?

Tony

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 07:46:08 PM
Full details of TfWM Bus Champions are avaliable on the Network West Midlands website to which I suggest you refer to @Stu and I have posted details of a public meeting with The Mayor next week open to all on the forum so instead of keep banging on and on what exactly more do you want?

Opportunity for members of the public to complete bus audits on behalf of West Midlands Combined Authority. Quarterly forums take place to discuss results and provide feedback.

If you are interested in joining the group or want to know more, email customerservices@tfwm.org.uk.

Is all the Website has to say

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2020, 07:58:48 PM
Opportunity for members of the public to complete bus audits on behalf of West Midlands Combined Authority. Quarterly forums take place to discuss results and provide feedback.

If you are interested in joining the group or want to know more, email customerservices@tfwm.org.uk.

Thank you @Tony for that clarification, most appreciated.

Stu

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 07:42:07 PM
Oh you get used to that working as long as I have around the world of politics I am happy to share anyone concerns and comments at the meetings I attend that's no problem just email me and a number of posters on here submitted thier questions to me which I was happy to submit if your referring to the 11 what's the point in asking to raise points afterwards when the agenda is closed the day after a meeting I am more than happy to raise them next quarter in April.

So if "Doris from Shard End" doesn't have your email address, what opportunity does she have to get a concern about her local bus services raised and discussed at one of these Bus Champion / TfWM meetings?

That's the point I am trying to make; who sets the agenda at these meetings, what is discussed, and how do the public get to have their say?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2020, 07:58:48 PM

So basically it's just ride on a few buses, and every 1/4 give your opinion of the journey's you made!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 03, 2020, 08:07:09 PM
So basically it's just ride on a few buses, and every 1/4 give your opinion of the journey's you made!
Well as for the TfWM Bus Champion Meetings I attend isnt that what I have always said and isnt that what I have done with the X8 or am I missing something here?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 08:12:08 PM
Well as for the TfWM Bus Champion Meetings I attend isnt that what I have always said?

So what effect, if any, do these meetings have on bus services, or is this, just as i suggested a few days ago, just a pen pushing job?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 03, 2020, 08:14:42 PM
So what effect, if any, do these meetings have on bus services, or is this, just as i suggested a few days ago, just a pen pushing job?
I suggest you refer to the Network West Midlands website for details of the scheme as @Tony has posted.

Trident 4194

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 07:42:07 PM

I would greatly appreciate you expressing our opinions regarding the 11A/11C. However I hope you fight as passionately for us as you did for your beloved X8.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk