News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

And in other news .....

Started by Westy, December 25, 2019, 02:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/plymouth-man-furious-after-buying-21155082

Here's a point.

Does he go out every day on his pass?

I bet there's days some people do not go out, despite having the ticket to do so. (I know I've done so.)

(For the record, my NBus Black Country finished on the 20/12, I was only at work Monday & Tuesday & will go again Friday, then I have a week off. I won't bother renewing my pass until the end of next week. In the meantime, I'm having Walsall Nbus day tickets!)

richie

Sounds like he needs to get a life! I can't believe the local rag and a national newspaper has bothered to run this!

richardjones210368

Quote from: richie on December 25, 2019, 04:22:07 PM
Sounds like he needs to get a life! I can't believe the local rag and a national newspaper has bothered to run this!
I agree does it matter, my nBus pass is on Direct Debit it really doesnt bother me there is NO X8 on Christmas Day will be on the Diamond Bus 4H & NXWM79 to Wolverhampton Races tomorrow so who really cares? I know its hard to believe but some weeks I dont use my nBus pass 7 days a week ...................................

Gareth

It's the Daily Star.

The Beano is more intellectually challenging.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Gareth on December 25, 2019, 08:30:30 PM
It's the Daily Star.

The Beano is more intellectually challenging.
Agree and the Radio Times is even worse dumbed down for idiots!

Westy

You'd thought the Daily Star now being owned by the same people that have the Daily Mirror, the journalism would've improved!

(Compared to the previous owner!)

richardjones210368

Quote from: Westy on December 25, 2019, 09:21:41 PM
You'd thought the Daily Star now being owned by the same people that have the Daily Mirror, the journalism would've improved!

The Daily Star revels in absurd headlines about the weather and killer animals and insects  its my dads fav paper for the footy but my all time great bizarre fav headline was " Hysteria As X8 Runs On Time" absolute belter that one was.

WMT3000

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 25, 2019, 08:46:33 PM
Agree and the Radio Times is even worse dumbed down for idiots!
I reckon that's proven by the "his and hers" matching fleeces that they try to push. You know the ones - they've usually got wolves or snow leopards on the back.

richardjones210368

Quote from: WMT3000 on December 26, 2019, 10:01:42 AM
I reckon that's proven by the "his and hers" matching fleeces that they try to push. You know the ones - they've usually got wolves or snow leopards on the back.
Yes they are absolutley hideous one of the reasons I switched to Total Tv Guide I understand the Big Slippeer is also a big seller in Radio Times, spending so much time at the bus stop personally I am.a Regatta man.for full all weather protection with my Dickies

Stu

Quote from: Westy on December 25, 2019, 09:21:41 PM

Clearly you don't read the Birmingham Mail website (also a Reach PLC publication), the journalism quality is sinking to a common (low) denominator.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on December 26, 2019, 08:26:05 PM
Clearly you don't read the Birmingham Mail website (also a Reach PLC publication), the journalism quality is sinking to a common (low) denominator.
Personally I like to buy the Birmngham Mail most days and support jobs in the City I am proud to have been born in. I always buy the Birmingham Post on a Thursday the readers letters section carries many letters that agree totally with my.views of National Express West Midlands an excellent publication.

Westy

To be honest, I normally buy the Mirror(refuse to buy The Sun, over the Hillsborough situation!), plus nab a few Metro's for the works canteen & have the E & S delivered mainly for my elderly mum. (Then again, she likes the Mail On Sunday, apparently it's 'better news' or something. Never understood that!)

Very rare I read the Brum Mail, but look at the website when flagged up by FB.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Westy on December 26, 2019, 08:47:26 PM
To be honest, I normally buy the Mirror(refuse to buy The Sun, over the Hillsborough situation!), plus nab a few Metro's for the works canteen & have the E & S delivered mainly for my elderly mum. (Then again, she likes the Mail On Sunday, apparently it's 'better news' or something. Never understood that!)

Very rare I read the Brum Mail, but look at the website when flagged up by FB.
Yes I agree get my 85 year old dad the Daily Star which he enjoys because I refuse to buy The Sun or The Times.over Hillsborough and remember Andy Burnham the so called saviour of Manchesters buses behaviour at a memorial service its showed his true colours  I even refused to buy Sky Tv untill Murdoch & News International sailed off into the sunset now have Nowtv love the Metro & its MackyD vouchers its a funny.one that owned by The Daily Mail but printed in Brum.by The Post & Mail. I personally hate everything.the Daily Mail.stands for & no longer buy the "i" the  Bham Mail.insted of the "i" but support The Metro as it keeps jobs in.Brum.

richardjones210368

Just heading to the baths on the excellent Diamond Bus 4H & thought of this whilst reading todays Daily Star On Sunday:
Many years ago whilst doing my MBA Dissertation on The UK Degregulated Bus Market one section was centered on comparing the supermarket industry to the bus industry at the time & I came up with the following conclusions based on profits, market share, customer service etc:
SAINSBURYS  = FirstGroup
TESCO = Stagecoach
ASDA = Arriva
WAITROSE = GoAhead
ALDI = Voila
MORRISONS = Eyms Group
BUDGENS = Ludlows of Halesowen Ltd
COOP = Blackpool Transport Ltd
LIDIL = The Birmingham.Coach Company Ltd
KWIK SAVE = West Midlands Travel Ltd

Steveminor

I'd have put stagecoach with Asda myself lol.
But where would Pete's travel sit in that group

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk