News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 18, 2020, 01:53:27 AM
Maybe you took the wrong travel option - Blackheath to London Bridge by class 465 (now 700 Thameslink as well) and Jubilee Line to Westminster. Far quicker and more reliable than bus in that instance as South London's roads are quite seriously congested in that area especially in the peak as the main routes are A2 and A20, both affected by traffic avoiding Blackwall Tunnel queuing.
I dont understand your concept of your travel suggestion I used to walk across Greenwich Park to the 53 Terminus and change onto the 453 at Depford and get off in Parlament Square it was usually about two hours in the peaks it was perfect if you have ever read any of my previous posts and read about my passion for buses why in gods name would I ever board a train? If I left my cousins flat at 0730 I was always in for 1000 so your point is?

richardjones210368

My compliments to @Tony this morning absolutely charming lady driver of scania 1889 on NXWM 4H who wished me a very cherry good morning and thank you when using my Nbus Pass as I stood dripping on her platform after my lane swimming I really must start getting changed when I come out the baths.............

mesub

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 17, 2020, 11:38:40 PM
Diamond Buses are so well maintained

Back before the 002 got an upgrade, half of the buses on there had their diesel flaps open and the destination displays were always too high!
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

richardjones210368

Quote from: mesub on January 18, 2020, 12:36:58 PM
Back before the 002 got an upgrade, half of the buses on there had their diesel flaps open and the destination display were always too high!
Mate this holds me and Diamond Bus to perspective after my regular lane swimming in the showers afterwards I have long come to the conclusion that half of us have our diesel flaps open the half have them shut depending on religion and medical needs and most definitely size does not matter I can assure you I apply the same principles to Diamond Bus!

BK63 YWP

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 17, 2020, 11:38:40 PM
As Diamond Buses are so well maintained and of such a better standard when Diamond held the contract for the 24 the matter would never have arisen so your point is worthless I always felt safe on the Diamond 24 yesterday I wondered should I ring my parish priest to come out to perform the last rites I always keep him on Speed Dial 6 on my smartphone its easy to remember 6(66) thats popular in the church, in case he is needed when I am on West Midlands Travel Limited and as the next highest point to St Giles Church are the Russian Ural Mountains I doubt if air quality is at top of Siviters Lane residents worries.

I was on a Hanson's 250 yesterday?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

richardjones210368

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on January 18, 2020, 01:53:52 PM
I was on a Hanson's 250 yesterday?
Excellent every little helps for the profitability of Diamond Buses Limited

don

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 18, 2020, 04:55:13 AM
If I left my cousins flat at 0730 I was always in for 1000 so your point is?

The train journey from either Maze Hill or Bkackheath to Charing Cross is about 35 mins - even allowing for a 15 min walk at each end that is a saving of about 90 mins  :-\

The downside is if one loves buses enough to spend an extra 3 hrs a day travelling in them, when they are stationary or walking pace (in this case) for longer than they are moving, then the quicker option may not be the best. The slow option (at current fares) is about £3 a day against £9 a day plus by rail/tube.

I'd wager you may not typify most passengers doing that journey (including me, my daughter and her partner - they used to live in Blackheath and work in the City.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 18, 2020, 02:30:40 PM
Excellent every little helps for the profitability of Diamond Buses Limited

Helps to pay back their AIM backers  :) or not dependent on how good they and their 20 double deckers really are!!

winston

Quote from: don on January 18, 2020, 03:26:24 PM
Helps to pay back their AIM backers  :) or not dependent on how good they and their 20 double deckers really are!!

20 double deckers?? Errrr Bolton....

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 18, 2020, 03:26:24 PM
The alternative investment market works on the same principles as the stock market dividends are paid for investors it is up to the PLC in this case Rotala and to decide their future share capital in consultation with shareholders at AGMS I do not understand your term "pay back their AIM bakers" as I am one of them and are am NOT expecting to be paid back as it would be against stock exchange rules I will just realise my investment when it matures in the normal economic cycle of the company.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 18, 2020, 03:24:09 PM
The train journey from either Maze Hill or Bkackheath to Charing Cross is about 35 mins - even allowing for a 15 min walk at each end that is a saving of about 90 mins  :-\

The downside is if one loves buses enough to spend an extra 3 hrs a day travelling in them, when they are stationary or walking pace (in this case) for longer than they are moving, then the quicker option may not be the best. The slow option (at current fares) is about £3 a day against £9 a day plus by rail/tube.

I'd wager you may not typify most passengers doing that journey (including me, my daughter and her partner - they used to live in Blackheath and work in the City.
I enjoyed using the  TfL 53/453 @don and for the record I worked in Whitehall not The City and am not the slightest bit interested in the cost I dont need too anyway if its any of your business which why I use a Network NBus Monthly Direct Debit ticket today.  I cannot understand someone criticising something someone enjoyed so much I am not frogmarching commuters onto buses its a personal choice it just seems to be typical that everyone else knows best on this forum but the person actually doing it. I have posted previously on this forum I enjoyed every minuet of my time in Whitehall especially using the buses I used in London there are times on this forum I wonder am I the only person who loves using buses..............................

don

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 18, 2020, 04:42:28 PM
I do not understand your term "pay back their AIM bakers" as I am one of them and are am NOT expecting to be paid back as it would be against stock exchange rules

This is an interesting revelation given your ongoing complaints about and dissing of one of their competitors, NXWM. Presumably they can pay dividends if they're successful enough?

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 18, 2020, 04:51:12 PM
This is an interesting revelation given your ongoing complaints about and dissing of one of their competitors, NXWM. Presumably they can pay dividends if they're successful enough?
Rotala PLC  accounts can and details of dividend payments can be freely downloaded from the corporate section of the PLC website. I do not "diss" West Midlands Travel Limited I make constructive comments and observations based on using the company as I did this morning and praised @Tony for the journey I undertook.

don

Quote from: Winston on January 18, 2020, 03:29:58 PM
20 double deckers?? Errrr Bolton....

Sorry I was only thinking about the new ones they've bought for Bolton, plus existing Redditch. How many have they got countrywide (not that that would matter in respect of the West Midlands as if they moved any of these they'd no doubt be affecting existing customers negatively (which I'm sure such a principled and first class operator like Diamond/Rotala would NEVER do). I've just read in Buses magazine they've bought even more bread van boneshakers for Tividale  :-X :-[

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 18, 2020, 04:56:20 PM
Sorry I was only thinking about the new ones they've bought for Bolton, plus Reading. How many have they got countrywide (not that that would matter in respect of the West Midlands as if they moved any of these they'd no doubt be affecting existing customers negatively (which I'm sure such a principled and first class operator like Diamond/Rotala would NEVER do). I've just read in Buses magazine they've bought even more bread van boneshakers for Tividale  :-X :-[
Excellent news the more Mellors the better, great little bus on Blackheaths 231 and a credit to Diamond Bus offering brand new buses on a local tendered route I doubt that happens anywhere else in the UK.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk