News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on January 20, 2021, 06:13:53 PM
The 79 uses the stop on Exhall Road (opp Beaumont Road) to wait time, reset blind to the other direction. etc

Yes, the service is currently numbered 48C between Coventry & Nuneaton (i.e through journeys to Atherstone or Leicester no longer possible).

@JPC Thanks

So the 79 terminats on Exhall Road but then does the loop via Bennetts Road North, Howat Road, Charity Road, Somers Road, Parkfield Road and back to Exhall Road.

is it a separate route from Nuneaton to Atherstone or Leicester now? 😁

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 20, 2021, 11:22:18 AM
Just quickly going back to Coventry. Can anybody confirm what the flexibus 233 does from Red Lane in Burton Green to Balsall Common?  May be @ellspurs may be able to help with this one?

Only as the current map shows the following route.

Red Lane, Cornwall Lane, Station Avenue, Duggins Lane, Nailcote Lane, Waste Lane, Kelsey Lane, Kenilworth Road, Station Road &  Balsall Street East/Balsall Street.

But the map on the WMN website timetable page shows the following:-

Red Lane, Cornwall Lane, Station Avenue, Tanners Lane, Spencers Lane, Truggist Lane, Station Avenue, Balsall StreetEast/Balsall Street.

Which route is correct?

Also  I have made a suggestion for the 55A route as it seems to go the following route according to WMN website map.:-

Wheelwright Lane, Winding House Lane, Central Boulevard, Bennetts Road, Bennetts Road North, Howat Road, Charity  Road, Somers Road, Parkfield Road, Exhall Road, New Road onto Ash Green Lane/Royal Oak Lane to Nuneaton.
&
New Road, Exhall Road, Bennets Road, Central Boulevard, Winfing House Lane, Wheelwright Lane to Coventry.

The suggestion is to add a note under the current numbers along that part of the route to say which way it's operating...

What does everyone think...especially @ellspurs or @Adam 404

Thanks in advance.

For the 233, Red Lane, Cornwall Lane, Station Avenue, Tanners Lane, Spencers Lane, Truggist Lane, Station Avenue, Balsall StreetEast/Balsall Street. is correct.

For the 55a, I am just going to throw my hands in the air. The 4 Coventry - Nuneaton journeys all take a different route. 2 of the 4 Nuneaton - Coventry journeys follow the same route, but then one of the other ones randomly starts in Hinckley!

For those, use the timetable to work out what roads they serve and just throw the "occasional journeys" sign on them all.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 20, 2021, 06:27:27 PM
@JPC Thanks

So the 79 terminats on Exhall Road but then does the loop via Bennetts Road North, Howat Road, Charity Road, Somers Road, Parkfield Road and back to Exhall Road.

is it a separate route from Nuneaton to Atherstone or Leicester now? 😁

For the purposes of the map, 48C currently runs Coventry - Nuneaton.

48A runs Nuneaton to Atherstone and 48L runs Nuneaton to Leicester.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 20, 2021, 06:35:04 PM
For the 233, Red Lane, Cornwall Lane, Station Avenue, Tanners Lane, Spencers Lane, Truggist Lane, Station Avenue, Balsall StreetEast/Balsall Street. is correct.

For the 55a, I am just going to throw my hands in the air. The 4 Coventry - Nuneaton journeys all take a different route. 2 of the 4 Nuneaton - Coventry journeys follow the same route, but then one of the other ones randomly starts in Hinckley!

For those, use the timetable to work out what roads they serve and just throw the "occasional journeys" sign on them all.

Hi @ellspurs

I did say that I was going to suggest that the 4 journeys that do the different routes to include the words to Nuneaton or to Coventry.. What do you think about that?

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 20, 2021, 06:43:35 PM
Hi @ellspurs

I did say that I was going to suggest that the 4 journeys that do the different routes to include the words to Nuneaton or to Coventry.. What do you think about that?

Well either the words or the usual arrows would probably be appropriate.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 20, 2021, 06:46:50 PM
Well either the words or the usual arrows would probably be appropriate.

I might suggest both options. so they can choose...

Plus I am right in thinking that they do Parkfield Road & the loop of Kerseley to Nuneaton only and Exhall Road to Coventry?

Kevin

Quote from: ellspurs on January 20, 2021, 06:35:04 PM

Isn't that just a Covid-19 thing? Is it then even worth marking the number as 48C on the Coventry map?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

ellspurs

Quote from: Kevin on January 20, 2021, 06:56:14 PM
Isn't that just a Covid-19 thing? Is it then even worth marking the number as 48C on the Coventry map?

Well, it's been in place for at least the last 9 months now. If the map is being updated online, may as well keep it up to date with what is currently running.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 20, 2021, 07:31:43 PM
Well, it's been in place for at least the last 9 months now. If the map is being updated online, may as well keep it up to date with what is currently running.

I'm with you @ellspurs.. I'd like to see every route on them even if it's not a 'public' bus service.... but I can see why they haven't put them on in the first place.. The map is also being updated to be produced and printed... not only on the website.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Kevin on January 20, 2021, 06:56:14 PM

Hi @Kevin Who knows if Stagecoach will revert to using the old number when everything goes back to 'normal'.

Bus Man K2

Anybody else found any mis-prints in the Wolverhampton area map? That inclusmdes you @Pat!! 😁

@Pat do you know are there any services that serve Blackhalve Lane between Blackeood Ave & Pear Tree Lane/Long Knowle Lane?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 21, 2021, 11:39:16 AM
Anybody else found any mis-prints in the Wolverhampton area map? That inclusmdes you @Pat!! 😁

@Pat do you know are there any services that serve Blackhalve Lane between Blackeood Ave & Pear Tree Lane/Long Knowle Lane?
No, no stops they're.  The 65 carries on straight up Belton Avenue, whilst the 71 carries on along Blackhalve Lane

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 21, 2021, 12:12:20 PM
No, no stops they're.  The 65 carries on straight up Belton Avenue, whilst the 71 carries on along Blackhalve Lane

Hi @Pat according ro Google maps certain journeys on the 71 do that section.. Have you ever seen these journeys happen??  I know I can't trust Google but that's what I'm used to using!!

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 21, 2021, 01:02:08 PM
Hi @Pat according ro Google maps certain journeys on the 71 do that section.. Have you ever seen these journeys happen??  I know I can't trust Google but that's what I'm used to using!!
The 71 has a few variations, here's the timetable:

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 21, 2021, 01:18:42 PM
There are some 71 journeys that do go down there, yes.  The 71 has a few variations, here's the timetable:

Thanks for the timetable... do you think it should be shown on that part of the road? Much like what is shown on the Cannock Road..

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 21, 2021, 01:24:41 PM
Thanks for the timetable... do you think it should be shown on that part of the road? Much like what is shown on the Cannock Road..
There is 1 variation that goes down there, towards Wolverhampton only.  Most go either via Wednesfield or via Cannock Rd, so maybe show it in a different colour/style?  It's the 0700 journey from Cannock

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk