News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 20, 2021, 10:34:52 AM
No, i'd take it off.  People will just think that they can get on a bus there, when they can't.  As TEX and NX operate the same route on the 1, i'd just have an identification that the TEX 1 starts from Lichfield Street.

Hi @Pat

Ok.. I'll ask for it to be taken off... Do you think when everytging goes back to 'normal' that TEX will start the 1 operating from Lichfield St and not the Police Station..

Also to everyone on here do you think it would help to have all services mentioned on the area maps i.e. School services as well? I'm only thinking outside the box, or should I stop that!! 😁

Bus Man K2

Just quickly going back to Coventry. Can anybody confirm what the flexibus 233 does from Red Lane in Burton Green to Balsall Common?  May be @ellspurs may be able to help with this one?

Only as the current map shows the following route.

Red Lane, Cornwall Lane, Station Avenue, Duggins Lane, Nailcote Lane, Waste Lane, Kelsey Lane, Kenilworth Road, Station Road &  Balsall Street East/Balsall Street.

But the map on the WMN website timetable page shows the following:-

Red Lane, Cornwall Lane, Station Avenue, Tanners Lane, Spencers Lane, Truggist Lane, Station Avenue, Balsall StreetEast/Balsall Street.

Which route is correct?

Also  I have made a suggestion for the 55A route as it seems to go the following route according to WMN website map.:-

Wheelwright Lane, Winding House Lane, Central Boulevard, Bennetts Road, Bennetts Road North, Howat Road, Charity  Road, Somers Road, Parkfield Road, Exhall Road, New Road onto Ash Green Lane/Royal Oak Lane to Nuneaton.
&
New Road, Exhall Road, Bennets Road, Central Boulevard, Winfing House Lane, Wheelwright Lane to Coventry.

The suggestion is to add a note under the current numbers along that part of the route to say which way it's operating...

What does everyone think...especially @ellspurs or @Adam 404

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 20, 2021, 11:06:48 AM

Hi @Pat

Ok.. I'll ask for it to be taken off... Do you think when everytging goes back to 'normal' that TEX will start the 1 operating from Lichfield St and not the Police Station..

Also to everyone on here do you think it would help to have all services mentioned on the area maps i.e. School services as well? I'm only thinking outside the box, or should I stop that!! 😁
I'm presuming they will do, but the timetable will no doubt still say Bilston Street, knowing TEX.

With regards to school services, I think it's best to just leave them off.  Joe Public isn't going to want to get on a bus that's loaded with schoolkids.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 20, 2021, 12:06:46 PM
I'm presuming they will do, but the timetable will no doubt still say Bilston Street, knowing TEX.

With regards to school services, I think it's best to just leave them off.  Joe Public isn't going to want to get on a bus that's loaded with schoolkids.

Ok about the School Services.... I won't mention them on the maps then....

Bus Man K2

@Pat or @Tony

Does the 10/10A/10B still do the loop of the city?

Also at Perton does it still do the Parkway clockwise?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 20, 2021, 12:39:54 PM
@Pat or @Tony

Does the 10/10A/10B still do the loop of the city?

Also at Perton does it still do the Parkway clockwise?
No, they go straight up Darlington Street, Queen Square, Princess Sq, Broad Street and then up the bus only road into the bus station.

In Perton, they still do The Parkway clockwise, as far as Coleridge Drive.  10A/B then backtrack to the Stephenson Drive roundabout, taking the second exit there and following the road until Wrottesley Park Road.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 20, 2021, 01:09:03 PM
No, they go straight up Darlington Street, Queen Square, Princess Sq, Broad Street and then up the bus only road into the bus station.

In Perton, they still do The Parkway clockwise, as far as Coleridge Drive.  10A/B then backtrack to the Stephenson Drive roundabout, taking the second exit there and following the road until Wrottesley Park Road.

@Pat

When did they go back to using Darlington Street in both directions? As far as I know though they don't serve any stops on Datlington Street and Lichfield St?

As far as I'm aware they show operate Dalington Street as far as Schools Street then does a loopto the  Bus station via School Street, Cleveland Street, Garrick  Street, Bilsyon Street then the bus lane to the bis station.

P. s. thanks for the route in Perton.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 20, 2021, 01:20:55 PM
@Pat

When did they go back to using Darlington Street in both directions? As far as I know though they don't serve any stops on Datlington Street and Lichfield St?

As far as I'm aware they show operate Dalington Street as far as Schools Street then does a loopto the  Bus station via School Street, Cleveland Street, Garrick  Street, Bilsyon Street then the bus lane to the bis station.

P. s. thanks for the route in Perton.
They're using that route for the moment, like everything coming from that side of town into the City Centre.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 20, 2021, 01:54:07 PM
They're using that route for the moment, like everything coming from that side of town into the City Centre.

@Pat

Thanks

Do you konw when it'll go back to 'normal' if ever?!! 😁

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 20, 2021, 11:22:18 AM
Just quickly going back to Coventry. Can anybody confirm what the flexibus 233 does from Red Lane in Burton Green to Balsall Common?  May be @ellspurs may be able to help with this one?

Only as the current map shows the following route.

Red Lane, Cornwall Lane, Station Avenue, Duggins Lane, Nailcote Lane, Waste Lane, Kelsey Lane, Kenilworth Road, Station Road &  Balsall Street East/Balsall Street.

But the map on the WMN website timetable page shows the following:-

Red Lane, Cornwall Lane, Station Avenue, Tanners Lane, Spencers Lane, Truggist Lane, Station Avenue, Balsall StreetEast/Balsall Street.

Which route is correct?

Also  I have made a suggestion for the 55A route as it seems to go the following route according to WMN website map.:-

Wheelwright Lane, Winding House Lane, Central Boulevard, Bennetts Road, Bennetts Road North, Howat Road, Charity  Road, Somers Road, Parkfield Road, Exhall Road, New Road onto Ash Green Lane/Royal Oak Lane to Nuneaton.
&
New Road, Exhall Road, Bennets Road, Central Boulevard, Winfing House Lane, Wheelwright Lane to Coventry.

The suggestion is to add a note under the current numbers along that part of the route to say which way it's operating...

What does everyone think...especially @ellspurs or @Adam 404

Thanks in advance.

Also does anyone know what route does the 79 do in Kerseley? As the map on thwe timetable page on WMN's website shows a little detour via Mercers Meadow but google don't have it operating that little detour.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 20, 2021, 03:15:46 PM
@Pat

Thanks

Do you konw when it'll go back to 'normal' if ever?!! 😁
Whenever WCC decide!

Bus Man K2

Does anybody also know if there are journeys on the 48 that still serve Johnson Road?

JPC

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 20, 2021, 03:29:45 PM
Also does anyone know what route does the 79 do in Kerseley? As the map on the timetable page on WMN's website shows a little detour via Mercers Meadow but google don't have it operating that little detour.
Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 20, 2021, 04:14:24 PM
Does anybody also know if there are journeys on the 48 that still serve Johnson Road?

79 is a clockwise loop of Exhall Rd, Bennetts Rd North, Howat Rd, Charity Rd, Somers Rd, Parkfield Rd, Exhall Rd.
That detour is just the system incorrectly guessing the route - it just thinks the bus stop is located within the Croft off Mercers Meadow.  ::)

The first Weekday and Sunday 48C journey towards Coventry is via Marston Lane & Johnson Road, Another early Sun journey from Coventry also terminates there by doing clockwise loop then returns to Cov.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on January 20, 2021, 05:40:31 PM
79 is a clockwise loop of Exhall Rd, Bennetts Rd North, Howat Rd, Charity Rd, Somers Rd, Parkfield Rd, Exhall Rd.
That detour is just the system incorrectly guessing the route - it just thinks the bus stop is located within the Croft off Mercers Meadow.  ::)

The first Weekday and Sunday 48C journey towards Coventry is via Marston Lane & Johnson Road, Another early Sun journey from Coventry also terminates there by doing clockwise loop then returns to Cov.

Hi @JPC

thanks for the info.

I am right in thinking that the 79 then terminates on Charity Road/Somers Road?

So the 48 that is mentioned on Johnson Road should be there then...But changed to the 48C now?

JPC

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 20, 2021, 05:48:59 PM

I am right in thinking that the 79 then terminates on Charity Road/Somers Road?

So the 48 that is mentioned on Johnson Road should be there then...But changed to the 48C now?

The 79 uses the stop on Exhall Road (opp Beaumont Road) to wait time, reset blind to the other direction. etc

Yes, the service is currently numbered 48C between Coventry & Nuneaton (i.e through journeys to Atherstone or Leicester no longer possible).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk