News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 19, 2021, 05:38:34 PM
Hi @Pat just re-read the original post that you sent and it did say Anti-Clockwise wise for the 3... So which is it?  😁  As the Anti-Clockwise loop would be the one that I mentioned but as you stated in the last post iit goes clockwise.
Sorry, my mistake.  It goes clockwise round Castlecroft via the route I mentioned.

Fryer Street isn't served by anything.  Only used by TEX 1 to turn round back to Tettenhall and occasionally the 891 to get into the bus station, before the new one way routing.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 19, 2021, 07:01:25 PM
Sorry, my mistake.  It goes clockwise round Castlecroft via the route I mentioned.

Fryer Street isn't served by anything.  Only used by TEX 1 to turn round back to Tettenhall and occasionally the 891 to get into the bus station, before the new one way routing.

@Pat

I heard that the TEX service does the same route as the NX service. This meaning it operates from Bilston St not Lichfield Street.

Ok about the route of the 3..

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 19, 2021, 07:13:40 PM
@Pat

I heard that the TEX service does the same route as the NX service. This meaning it operates from Bilston St not Lichfield Street.

Ok about the route of the 3..
No.  The TEX service starts from Lichfield Street.  It is only going down Bilston Street currently due to the one way system in place, meaning it can't operate its normal line of route along Darlington Street and Queen Square on inbound journeys.  It doesn't serve Bilston Street, only boarding passengers at Lichfield Street.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 19, 2021, 07:33:30 PM
No.  The TEX service starts from Lichfield Street.  It is only going down Bilston Street currently due to the one way system in place, meaning it can't operate its normal line of route along Darlington Street and Queen Square on inbound journeys.  It doesn't serve Bilston Street, only boarding passengers at Lichfield Street.

@Pat

Oh ok...

It's only that I heard it does the same as the NX one. And if you look at the thimetable on the NWM site it shws it as starting from the Police Station. So you coul bord at the Police station if you wanted to now....I  don't know if it'll ever go back to normal! 😁

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 19, 2021, 07:51:13 PM
@Pat

Oh ok...

It's only that I heard it does the same as the NX one. And if you look at the thimetable on the NWM site it shws it as starting from the Police Station. So you coul bord at the Police station if you wanted to now....I  don't know if it'll ever go back to normal! 😁

It very rarely went to the police station, most of their drivers would do a quick turn around somewhere near Stafford Street to sit on Lichfield Street until an NXWM bus pulled up behind then leave just in front

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 19, 2021, 07:56:48 PM
It very rarely went to the police station, most of their drivers would do a quick turn around somewhere near Stafford Street to sit on Lichfield Street until an NXWM bus pulled up behind then leave just in front

Hi @Tony
I see where your coming from,  however I'm only going on what I can see on the NWM website and also from what I've heard... In 'normal times' yes it probably did do the route that you and @Pat say... but at the moment it's not 'normal times'.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 19, 2021, 08:04:49 PM
Hi @Tony
I see where your coming from,  however I'm only going on what I can see on the NWM website and also from what I've heard... In 'normal times' yes it probably did do the route that you and @Pat say... but at the moment it's not 'normal times'.

I know on that one, the map should show the registered route, but 'registered' and 'Travel Express' don't very often match

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 19, 2021, 08:05:57 PM
I know on that one, the map should show the registered route, but 'registered' and 'Travel Express' don't very often match

They probably have regestered it from the Police Station and that's why it timetable  from there.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 19, 2021, 07:51:13 PM
@Pat

Oh ok...

Like Tony says, 'Travel Express' and 'registered' don't mix well.  During normal times, they operate from Lichfield Street, adjacent to The Grand.  I didn't realise that they were starting from Bilston Street during current times, however, it's best to just leave the map as it is, without changing it to Bilston Street, as there's no point changing it for it to be changed back again.  I'd only seen them operating via Bilston Street and Pipers Row, but haven't seen them actually stop there.   

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 19, 2021, 08:44:30 PM
Like Tony says, 'Travel Express' and 'registered' don't mix well.  During normal times, they operate from Lichfield Street, adjacent to The Grand.  I didn't realise that they were starting from Bilston Street during current times, however, it's best to just leave the map as it is, without changing it to Bilston Street, as there's no point changing it for it to be changed back again.  I'd only seen them operating via Bilston Street and Pipers Row, but haven't seen them actually stop there.

I can  understand that!!! 😁  Yep in current times they registered it as starting from Biilston Street.So that's the only reason whyI sort of aurguing!! 😁

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 19, 2021, 08:50:20 PM
I can  understand that!!! 😁  Yep in current times they registered it as starting from Biilston Street.So that's the only reason whyI sort of aurguing!! 😁
Yes, I don't know why they registered to start from Bilston Street.  To be honest, people on the Tettenhall Road don't really know who they are.  They're just known as 'the little bus'.  It's always ENCTS who use it, except at school kicking out time where it's full of students.

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 19, 2021, 05:43:25 PM
Hi @ellspurs I wanted to reply.

Is Alder Lane opposite Holly Lane? Only as looking at the TfWM timetable it shows Balsall Street East as the road that on the area map says Alder Lane.

The road to the left is Balsall Street East. Alder Lane is when you go right at that junction up to the crossroads. The bus doesn't serve that bit.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 20, 2021, 02:33:37 AM
The road to the left is Balsall Street East. Alder Lane is when you go right at that junction up to the crossroads. The bus doesn't serve that bit.

Hi @ellspurs

I assume the crossroad you're talking about is The Kenilworth Road one? 😁  Thanks for all the help... I do really appreciate it....

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 19, 2021, 08:53:05 PM
Yes, I don't know why they registered to start from Bilston Street.  To be honest, people on the Tettenhall Road don't really know who they are.  They're just known as 'the little bus'.  It's always ENCTS who use it, except at school kicking out time where it's full of students.

@Pat

I'll leave Fryer Street highlighted then.. As I would have said to them to take it off... unles you say otherwise? 😁

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 20, 2021, 07:48:09 AM
@Pat

I'll leave Fryer Street highlighted then.. As I would have said to them to take it off... unles you say otherwise? 😁
No, i'd take it off.  People will just think that they can get on a bus there, when they can't.  As TEX and NX operate the same route on the 1, i'd just have an identification that the TEX 1 starts from Lichfield Street.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk