News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 17, 2021, 12:21:26 PM
And the other end of the 14 and 97 route question?

I hope that the post that I've just done to @Kevin answers you question @Tony?

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 17, 2021, 12:24:44 PM
Again no I wouldn't it's only if it on out bound journeys that I am talking about and not inbound... And I'm not suggesting that the 2 services that terminate on the up road of Moor Street should be shown on the Queensway it's just if it operates along the whole road if there's room I'd like to see it mentione in a list of services.. Again I'm not suggeting that moor Street Queensway should show all services listed as I can seee these not enough room on it.. 😁

So if it uses the first 20m yes if it uses 200m no?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 17, 2021, 12:29:45 PM
So if it uses the first 20m yes if it uses 200m no?

When you put it like that @Tony yes it does sound a bit silly but as it only serves the 200m on inboud journeys I don't think it's worth the hassle but if it's just the 20yrds then yes.. but again I wouldn't list it as I know there's no room to do it... except at the other end  of the 97 or 14 route. but again that would be silly as it has to turn around somewhere to start the journey back to the City.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 17, 2021, 12:35:09 PM
When you put it like that @Tony except at the other end  of the 97 or 14 route. but again that would be silly as it has to turn around somewhere to start the journey back to the City.

So it is silly on the outer end of the route, but a must on the inner end, despite both being just to turn around somewhere to get to the first loading stop?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 17, 2021, 12:38:19 PM
So it is silly on the outer end of the route, but a must on the inner end, despite both being just to turn around somewhere to get to the first loading stop?

Agian as you put it like that.. I can see where you're coming from.. I hold my hands up again.... I haven't suggest it anyway... I was just mearly asking  if the 35 sill operated onto Moor Street Queensway.. I didn't expect it to get blown up out of all proportion!! I will now stop it... 😁

Bus Man K2

Does anybody know what the route of the Coventry 41 is in Willenhall? As the map in the timetable says it serves Dunsmore Avenue, St James Lane, Yarningdale Road, Middle Ride, St James Lane, Rememberance Road, Dunsmore Ave and then St James Lane to London Road and does  St James Lane, Yarningdale Road, Middle Ride, St James Lane, Rememberance Road, Donesmore Avenue, then the loop again via St James Lane back to Dunsmore Avenue and then to Coventry. It can't do that loop twice surely?

bususer28

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 17, 2021, 02:56:26 PM
Does anybody know what the route of the Coventry 41 is in Willenhall? As the map in the timetable says it serves Dunsmore Avenue, St James Lane, Yarningdale Road, Middle Ride, St James Lane, Rememberance Road, Dunsmore Ave and then St James Lane to London Road and does  St James Lane, Yarningdale Road, Middle Ride, St James Lane, Rememberance Road, Donesmore Avenue, then the loop again via St James Lane back to Donesmore Avenue and then to Coventry. It can't do that loop twice surely?
As a commuter, I'm really worried that TfWM is using people like you to find information for maps and timetables etc. They are supposed to communicate with operators aren't they? And on top of all that you're arguing with someome who quite clearly knows what they're talking about.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: bususer28 on January 17, 2021, 03:04:32 PM
As a commuter, I'm really worried that TfWM is using people like you to find information for maps and timetables etc. They are supposed to communicate with operators aren't they? And on top of all that you're arguing with someome who quite clearly knows what they're talking about.

@bususer28
They are supposted to konw these things... They also do lease with the operator but they can't alway get things right as I have proved with my 129 observatiins of Birminghamd map... Plus the current timetable for the 41 shows the above route but the area map shows a different route. so which one is the correct one?! 😁

Bus Man K2

@bususer28
They aren't properly using me.. They probably check that I correct before they amend it and if I'm wrong then it won't get amended.

As stated before mist of my observations have been taken on board... 😁 So I must be doing something right aren't I? 😁

Bus Man K2

@bususer28

Plus I'm not arguing with them I'm just simply pointing out that they could be wrong!!! 😁

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 17, 2021, 02:56:26 PM
Does anybody know what the route of the Coventry 41 is in Willenhall? As the map in the timetable says it serves Dunsmore Avenue, St James Lane, Yarningdale Road, Middle Ride, St James Lane, Rememberance Road, Dunsmore Ave and then St James Lane to London Road and does  St James Lane, Yarningdale Road, Middle Ride, St James Lane, Rememberance Road, Donesmore Avenue, then the loop again via St James Lane back to Dunsmore Avenue and then to Coventry. It can't do that loop twice surely?

It's a circular route.

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_05041_%20_H_y11_2-2

It goes from Cov down the London Road to Willenhall, does that loop, then goes and does a full loop of the Stonehouse Estate, then take the route back to Coventry through the Whitely estate (Abbey Road) back to Cov.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 17, 2021, 04:24:24 PM
It's a circular route.

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_05041_%20_H_y11_2-2

It goes from Cov down the London Road to Willenhall, does that loop, then goes and does a full loop of the Stonehouse Estate, then take the route back to Coventry through the Whitely estate (Abbey Road) back to Cov.

Thanks @ellspurs

Do you know if it does London Road between St James Lane and Chace Ave back towards Cov or does it do the loop in both directions?

I know the web page that you've given above shows it operating along London Road but 'normally' the route would do the same route in both directions and not just in one direction..

Do you also know if the loop at Cannon Park is done in both directions? Or is it a one way loop  I think it is a one way look but I can't remember if it is as it's been such a long time since I was last over there...

paulb1973

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 17, 2021, 04:31:28 PM
Thanks @ellspurs

Do you know if it does London road between St James Lane and Chace Av back towards Cov or does it do the loop in both directions?

I know the web page that you've given above shows it operating along London Road but 'normally' the route would do the same route in both directions and not just in one direction..

Do you also know if the lopp at Cannon Park is done in both directions? Or is it a one way loop  I think it is a one way look but I cant remember if it is as it's been such a long time since I was last over...

I have this (my own notes) for service 41:

Pool Meadow, Fairfax Street, Cox Street, Jordan Well, Earl Street, Much Park Street, St Johns Street, Little Park Street, Martyrs Memorial, Ringway St Johns, London Road, Riverside Close, Tonbridge Road, The Avenue, Abbey Road, London Road, Chace Avenue, Dunsmore Avenue, Stretton Avenue, Robin Hood Road, Remembrance Road, St James'Lane, Middle Ride, Yarningale Road, St James'Lane, London Road, Sunbury Road, Sunnybank Avenue, Sedgemoor Road, Stonehouse Lane, London Road, Ashington Grove, Abbey Road, The Avenue, Tonbridge Road, Riverside Close, London Road, Ringway St Johns, Martyrs Memorial, Little Park Street, Earl Street, Jordan Well, Cox Street, Fairfax Street, Pool Meadow Bus Station.

So around Whitley (Tonbridge Rd area etc) inbound and outbound and once around Willenhall Wood/the Stonehouse estate.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 17, 2021, 05:01:19 PM
I have this (my own notes) for service 41:

Pool Meadow, Fairfax Street, Cox Street, Jordan Well, Earl Street, Much Park Street, St Johns Street, Little Park Street, Martyrs Memorial, Ringway St Johns, London Road, Riverside Close, Tonbridge Road, The Avenue, Abbey Road, London Road, Chace Avenue, Dunsmore Avenue, Stretton Avenue, Robin Hood Road, Remembrance Road, St James'Lane, Middle Ride, Yarningale Road, St James'Lane, London Road, Sunbury Road, Sunnybank Avenue, Sedgemoor Road, Stonehouse Lane, London Road, Ashington Grove, Abbey Road, The Avenue, Tonbridge Road, Riverside Close, London Road, Ringway St Johns, Martyrs Memorial, Little Park Street, Earl Street, Jordan Well, Cox Street, Fairfax Street, Pool Meadow Bus Station.

So around Whitley (Tonbridge Rd area etc) inbound and outbound and once around Willenhall Wood/the Stonehouse estate.

Hi @paulb1973 

What part of Middle Ride does it do? As currently it shows it going lef out of Yarningale Road and rigitr onto St James Lane.. but the timetable show it turning right out of Yarningale Road and left onto St James Lane.

Thanks in advance.

paulb1973

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 17, 2021, 05:07:43 PM
Hi @paulb1973 

What part of Middle Ride does it do? As currently it shows it going lef out of Yarningale Road and rigitr onto St James Lane.. but the timetable show it turning right out of Yarningale Road and left onto St James Lane.

Thanks in advance.

On its return to the city centre; up Remembrance Rd, left onto St James Lane, right onto Middle Ride (passing the chip shop) most of the way round Middle Ride, then left in Yarningale Rd and left again back onto St James Lane for the short distance to London Road.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk