News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: sonic84 on March 13, 2020, 08:44:41 PM
Any ideas when the new Walsall map will be added to the NWM website.

The one on the NWM still shows the Arriva 2 operating the old route towards Bloxwich

The new Walsall Area map should be added  by the end of April. They aren't reprinting it just for the 2  amendment and 8 Wolverhampton extention.

Bus Man K2

Just a quick note to say the Birmimgham Area Map and BIrmingham City Centre Centre map  dated 15th zmarch 2020 is now available on this link below.

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/map-and-guides/area-maps/

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 14, 2020, 09:53:21 AM
Just a quick note to say the Birmimgham Area Map and BIrmingham City Centre Centre map  dated 15th zmarch 2020 is now available on this link below.

53 runs along Alum Rock Road, Cotterills Lane and Belchers Lane.
The map actually shows it as taking both of the previous two routes.
Bowyer Road/College Road and Adderley Road/Ash Road - both routes are no longer served. The Bordesley Green area is no longer served by this service either.

25 does not go down Brockhurst Road and Madison Road.

The 28 doesn't terminate where the 73 and 36 do either as the map suggests it does. Continues down to Little Bromwich Road.

Shouldn't Icknield Port Road and Ladywood Middleway be dark blue as well, as thought the 80/80A combine to every 10 minutes.
While the part of Stechford Road only served by Claribels peak time only 55 should be light blue.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

How can a map that's supposed to show all these routes have so many errors? I'm not criticising anyone I'm just baffled.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 14, 2020, 11:22:53 AM
How can a map that's supposed to show all these routes have so many errors? I'm not criticising anyone I'm just baffled.

How many mistakes do you make in anything you do?

4Q

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 14, 2020, 09:53:21 AM

For the City Centre guide, service 25 will serve stops MS3, BS5 and SH1 between Moor Street and Colmore Row instead of the current MS and SH stops. Other City stops are the same.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2020, 11:36:28 AM
One would persumb that is of course the mission statement of West Midlands Travel Limited and the operation of the X8 isnt it @Tony ? With the Mayor Elections suspended for 12 months its really great to be back on your excellent forum. We are very lucky in the West Midlands that the Mayor, the WMCA & Transport for West Midlands continue to support the provision of free maps and timetables in paper form and other media for the vast majority of bus services within the West Midlands County for the benefit of all I doubt whether the PLC owned bus companies with the exception of smaller AIM listed companies would provide adequate provision today.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2020, 11:36:28 AM

I don't know either. I'm only the person who puts them right. I'm not the one making them.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 14, 2020, 11:22:53 AM

I know, I don't know how some if these mistake aren't picked up before the maps are sent to print. I blame operaors that keep on changing routes for no need at all.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 14, 2020, 12:45:45 PM
I blame operaors that keep on changing routes for no need at all.

They do have a reason or they wouldn't do it

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2020, 12:49:12 PM

When they do consultations then never seem to listern to people, though. I did the last one of the NX consutaions and they didn't listen to me. So why bother taking part if they just go on and change them. I though operators are supposed to listern to their customers and not jst ignore them. I persnioally think they just do it for the sake of it and don't care about passenger or people who may have to pay twice.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2020, 12:49:12 PM
From the meetings I attend at WMCA I can assure you West Midlands Travel Limited do not take any notice what so ever of the contribution received from the public in thier so called public consultations all decisions are made from a purely commercial decision making process thankfully The Buses Act will allow in the long term the WMCA to tailor services to actual passengers needs thru the EPs & QEPs thus taking it out of the hands of a commercial bus operator who is only interested in the dividends of its shareholders.

don

Quote from: richardjones210368 on March 14, 2020, 01:03:29 PM
From the meetings I attend at WMCA I can assure you West Midlands Travel Limited do not take any notice what so ever of the contribution received from the public in thier so called public consultations
Well that must be one of those grossly inaccurate statements we've come to expect from amateur public transport advisors to politicians. If this is repeated across all subject areas, no wonder the current crop of politicians appear so out of touch with reality.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Bus Man K2

Proof of NX not listerning to passengers.

A news paper article.

Having trouble attaching file.

Bus Man K2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk