News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Hi all

The new edition of the Wolverhampton CC Map and Guide is available here
wolverhampton-city-centre-20200202.pdf

The Sandwell and Dudley Area Map and Guide and the Wolverhampton Area Map and Guides are also available.
jan20-dudley_and_sandwell_mg_web.pdf

jan20-wolverhampton_area_map_web.pdf

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 24, 2020, 05:06:06 PM
Hi all

wolverhampton-city-centre-20200202.pdf

The Sandwell and Dudley Area Map and Guide and the Wolverhampton Area Map and Guides are also available.
jan20-dudley_and_sandwell_mg_web.pdf

jan20-wolverhampton_area_map_web.pdf

Can you provide the full links please?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 24, 2020, 05:53:11 PM
Can you provide the full links please?

Hi @Stu these are the full links. Unless you can get them as I have only managed to copy them from downloading the file on my phone. This may be why they aren't a proper link.

Bus Man K2

Sorry @Stu. My phone doesn't allow me to copy the link nore does my Ipad.

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 24, 2020, 05:57:35 PM
Hi @Stu these are the full links. Unless you can get them as I have only managed to copy them from downloading the file on my phone. This may be why they aren't a proper link.

See: https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/map-and-guides/area-maps/
My locals:

Bus Man K2

The link that you have just posted @Stu is just to the main area map page. I was trying to do the separate links so people would bypass the main page and  go straight to the map that thry want to look at.

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 24, 2020, 06:05:08 PM
The link that you have just posted @Stu is just to the main area map page. I was trying to do the separate links so people would bypass the main page and  go straight to the map that thry want to look at.

Why bypass the main page? It is much easier to just provide a link to the Maps page on the Network West Midlands website, and all the links to the various maps are there in one place.
My locals:

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 24, 2020, 06:15:55 PM
Why bypass the main page? It is much easier to just provide a link to the Maps page on the Network West Midlands website, and all the links to the various maps are there in one place.

Because some people may just want to look at the one area map and not go to the map page. I see where you're coming from, however I still think having the link to the actual map.

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 24, 2020, 06:23:43 PM
Because some people may just want to look at the one area map and not go to the map page. I see where you're coming from, however I still think having the link to the actual map.

The link to the main maps page will remain a 'constant'. Providing direct links to the map PDF files is okay, until the maps change and so do their filenames, then the direct links will no longer work.

Anyway, just for you, here are the direct links to the PDF files from the NWM Maps page:

My locals:

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 24, 2020, 07:16:09 PM
The link to the main maps page will remain a 'constant'. Providing direct links to the map PDF files is okay, until the maps change and so do their filenames, then the direct links will no longer work.

Anyway, just for you, here are the direct links to the PDF files from the NWM Maps page:

I grant you @Stu that evey time the map are updated the file links would be copied onto this page and the old ones deleted of the page. I'm just thinking of all the other people who are on this stie and also who just view the posts but don't coment as they aren't a member of this group
I'm sticking up for thoes people. I know that some of them would just go onto the main page and look at it that way but I'm just giving them another way of looking at them.

Bus Man K2

Hi all

Here are all the new links to the area maps and City Centre guides for the west midlands .

Here's the 24 Dec 19 web link for the Birmingham Area map.

Here's the 2 Feb 20 web link for the Birmingham City Centre Map.

Here's the 26 Jan 20 web link for the Covnetry Area map.

More to come in next post.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 01, 2020, 11:03:06 AM
Hi all

Here are all the new links to the area maps and City Centre guides for the west midlands .

Here's the 26 Jan 20 web link for the Coventry Area map.

Here's the 26 Jan 20 web link for the Coventry City Centre Map.

Here's the 26 Jan 20 web link for the Sandwell & Dudley Area map.

Here's the 24 Dec 19 web link for the Solihull Area map.

Here's the 15 May 19 web link for the Walsall Area map.

Here's the 26 Jan 20 web link for the Wolverhampton Area map.

Here's the 2 Feb 20 web link for the Wolverhampton City Centre Map.

Bus Man K2

Could I ask if anybody spots any mistakes could you please post below?

Thank you

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 01, 2020, 11:03:06 AM
Hi all

Here's the 26 Jan 20 web link for the Covnetry Area map.

On the Birmingham area map, you have graphical glitches in the Terminating box for Solihull. The ♦ is displaying as a t. This error was on the previous Solihull map as well, but it appears fixed for the latest one.

EDIT: there may be more of these glitches. Another one I just noticed is on the 937A on Portland Road, Aldridge.

ellspurs

On the Birmingham City Centre map, the road that turns right from Digbeth onto Moat Lane is still closed and barricaded off.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk