News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Future of 13 Willenhall service?

Started by Sandy Lane, September 24, 2019, 10:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventrybususer95

It seems the 13 has now been permanently split as the timetables in holbrooks now only show the bus going to hales street
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

GoldenSquid

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on January 27, 2023, 09:44:08 AMIt seems the 13 has now been permanently split as the timetables in holbrooks now only show the bus going to hales street
If the split is permanent I hope that one side gets a different route number, as it could be confusing to some people. 
Your new favourite 94/95 driver 😂

paulb1973

Quote from: GoldenSquid on January 27, 2023, 02:06:07 PMIf the split is permanent I hope that one side gets a different route number, as it could be confusing to some people.
The number '15' is available. The northern leg of the 13 I refer to - and harks back to pre-April 1985 when the 15 did run to Whitmore Park!

An extension of the 13/13A from 1st September.
Coventry to Segro Park via Willenhall.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/625837/
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

paulb1973

Quote from: 2206 on July 21, 2024, 11:22:23 PMAn extension of the 13/13A from 1st September.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/625837/
Segro Park appears to be close to Coventry Airport (the other side of the runway from a Rowley Rd perspective) - that's quite a long extension from Willenhall for the 13 ! (I assume this will be some peak time journeys).

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on July 21, 2024, 11:22:23 PMAn extension of the 13/13A from 1st September.
Quote from: paulb1973 on July 22, 2024, 07:10:25 PMSegro Park appears to be close to Coventry Airport (the other side of the runway from a Rowley Rd perspective) - that's quite a long extension from Willenhall for the 13 ! (I assume this will be some peak time journeys).

At a guess, I would say it will probably just be the 13A journeys that get extended, presumably Segro are providing some funding for this.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JPC

Quote from: Stu on July 22, 2024, 07:43:48 PMAt a guess, I would say it will probably just be the 13A journeys that get extended, presumably Segro are providing some funding for this.
Quote from: paulb1973 on July 22, 2024, 07:10:25 PMSegro Park appears to be close to Coventry Airport (the other side of the runway from a Rowley Rd perspective) - that's quite a long extension from Willenhall for the 13 ! (I assume this will be some peak time journeys).
This extension from Willenhall is at least 3 miles and makes the end to end journey around 40 minutes, a bit long yes but had it been a new direct bus service between the City Centre and Segro it would probably be double the cost to cover the assumed 30 minute frequency/intervals, combining with the 13 service also directly links Segro with several working class residential districts so in that respect I don't think it should be the 13A journeys which extend to Segro.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: JPC on July 22, 2024, 09:45:39 PMThis extension from Willenhall is at least 3 miles and makes the end to end journey around 40 minutes, a bit long yes but had it been a new direct bus service between the City Centre and Segro it would probably be double the cost to cover the assumed 30 minute frequency/intervals, combining with the 13 service also directly links Segro with several working class residential districts so in that respect I don't think it should be the 13A journeys which extend to Segro.
We've got the blinds already for it and the 13 will be also going there not just the 13A

Coventrybususer95

Could the 13 be the route that's getting a PVR increase?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Sandy Lane

Will this be a 13 route extension from Remembrance Rd, Willenhall?

How will it get to Segro as there are two possible routes from what I can see?
1. London Road, Siskin Drive and up to the top end of the Middlemarch Ind Estate and then into Segro?
or 2. London Road, Rowley Road and then use the new Orchard Way and Bubbenhall Road into Segro?

BBS

QuoteWill this be a 13 route extension from Remembrance Rd, Willenhall?

How will it get to Segro as there are two possible routes from what I can see?
1. London Road, Siskin Drive and up to the top end of the Middlemarch Ind Estate and then into Segro?
or 2. London Road, Rowley Road and then use the new Orchard Way and Bubbenhall Road into Segro?
Isn't the option 1 served by the 21A? 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Quote from: BBS on July 23, 2024, 11:20:36 AMIsn't the option 1 served by the 21A?
I''m guessing it will use this entrance off the Bubbenhall Road onto Segro Park.
 Bubbenhall Rd - Google Maps
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

I'd hope at least that if both buses were going to Segro they'd go via Baginton to improve their bus provision.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: 2206 on July 23, 2024, 11:37:25 AMI''m guessing it will use this entrance off the Bubbenhall Road onto Segro Park.
That would be the one I would bet on as well.
Offers a bus service to the recently opened Battery Industrialization Centre, the aircraft museum and the new land set aside for Jaguar manufacturing
Could also give the top end of Baginton a better service instead of the 24/25

BBS

QuoteI''m guessing it will use this entrance off the Bubbenhall Road onto Segro Park.
Best entrance for it imo, the 24/25 is the current only routes to serve that area with a horrid frequency 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk