News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service changes 1st September 2019

Started by Steve3229vp, August 06, 2019, 03:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Steve3229vp on September 14, 2019, 11:06:50 AM
You're probably right about passenger numbers at certain times. Passenger travelling patterns have changed radically, I remember when I was growing up in the 1970's and 1980's that there used to be a big increase in passenger numbers in peaks on Monday to Friday, a good example was the 33 which increased from around every 10 minutes in the main daytime, but increased to round every 5 minutes in peak hours, now it runs every 10 minutes all day. Workers hours have changed completely over the years. On Saturday's some routes used to be more frequent, again using the 33 as an example was every 7-8 minutes compared to every 10 minutes on Monday to Friday now the Saturday frequency is the same as Monday to Friday (every 10 minutes), now some routes are LESS frequent on Saturday's than Monday to Friday examples being Birmingham services 4, 4A and 6.

I would also say that lack of increases in frequency in peak times we are seeing is also partly dude to increased running times due to traffic etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk