News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on November 25, 2019, 05:36:13 PM
2/2A stopping at pn not merging

Thats good news, could have seen problems, especially during rush hour if the services had merged.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

TT90

Will NX be announcing the changes soon and have the new routes / extensions been registered as yet ?

winston

Quote from: TT90 on December 05, 2019, 08:43:53 AM
Will NX be announcing the changes soon and have the new routes / extensions been registered as yet ?

Hopefully, they'll of had a re-think on a lot of previous proposed changes.....

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Winston on December 05, 2019, 10:04:05 AM
Hopefully, they'll of had a re-think on a lot of previous proposed changes.....

I doubt it very much. The last time I spoke to NX they said most of the changes will be going ahead. The one most problamtic is my local one of the 8. As in it current form I can't see how extending it to Wolverhampton will actually help with running late.  I just can't see if it's running late from Wollaston how it will then have enough recovery time at Wolverhampton to turn round for the return. BUT as usual NX have made their minds up and they going ahead with it. As for the other changes I up for the 2/2A going to Wolverhampton as long as it would be numbered 2A only as there's already a 2 in Wolvo.

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 05, 2019, 10:23:09 AM
I doubt it very much. The last time I spoke to NX they said most of the changes will be going ahead. The one most problamtic is my local one of the 8. As in it current form I can't see how extending it to Wolverhampton will actually help with running late.  I just can't see if it's running late from Wollaston how it will then have enough recovery time at Wolverhampton to turn round for the return. BUT as usual NX have made their minds up and they going ahead with it. As for the other changes I up for the 2/2A going to Wolverhampton as long as it would be numbered 2A only as there's already a 2 in Wolvo.

The 2 being extended to Wolves is more a daft proposal than extending the 8, especially with the amount of congestion around Brierley Hill / Pensnett & RHH + plus all the badly parked cars around the Pensnett estates & Russell's Hall Hospital (which seems to have worse recently).

I'm more interested in the merger of the 15, 16 & 17 in to just two services.

karl724223

2/2A not going
8 going to wolves stupid idea buses will run late with buses being turned at DUdley and merry hill.         
Stourbridge and Wollaston will suffer badly

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Winston on December 05, 2019, 10:30:48 AM
The 2 being extended to Wolves is more a daft proposal than extending the 8, especially with the amount of congestion around Brierley Hill / Pensnett & RHH + plus all the badly parked cars around the Pensnett estates & Russell's Hall Hospital (which seems to have worse recently).

I'm more interested in the merger of the 15, 16 & 17 in to just two services.

All I can say is the above. So I can't coment on if the 2 was a draft proposal. All I know is what I sad above, last time I spoke with the network planners at NX it was said that all would be going ahead. So I can only say that. Whether that's correct or if you're right I don't know.

winston

Quote from: karl724223 on December 05, 2019, 10:37:51 AM
2/2A not going
8 going to wolves stupid idea buses will run late with buses being turned at DUdley and merry hill.         

Generally with current levels of traffic, Pensnett & surrounding areas are already grid locked at peak times + plus you have the added problem on Merry Hill traffic, it's a bonkers idea to even consider merging two routes in to one & any one living around here would agree.

Plus there's even more houses being built around Pensnett garage & a new housing estate proposed on Ketley Quarry, so even more cars will be on the road, the road infrastructure already can't cope.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: karl724223 on December 05, 2019, 10:37:51 AM
2/2A not going

Do you work for the network planners at NX? If you do I'll take your word for it. If you don't though I'm still going with I know. Sorry if that sounds like I'm being rude but I can't be sure if anything on here is correct or absolutely rubbish so to speak.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Winston on December 05, 2019, 10:47:19 AM
Generally with current levels of traffic, Pensnett & surrounding areas are already grid locked at peak times + plus you have the added problem on Merry Hill traffic, it's a bonkers idea to even consider merging two routes in to one & any one living around here would agree.

Plus there's even more houses being built around Pensnett garage & a new housing estate proposed on Ketley Quarry, so even more cars will be on the road, the road infrastructure already can't cope.

I understand that but does the network planners in NX understand that. All they think about is making life difficult for existing passengers. Also I don't think they travel on the network that often and when they think of these changes they don't take traffic into account.

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 05, 2019, 10:51:16 AM
Do you work for the network planners at NX? If you do I'll take your word for it. If you don't though I'm still going with I know. Sorry if that sounds like I'm being rude but I can't be sure if anything on here is correct or absolutely rubbish so to speak.

Karl works at NXWM Pensnett garage, so his info is likely to be more up to date than yours.

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 05, 2019, 10:57:16 AM
I understand that but does the network planners in NX understand that. All they think about is making life difficult for existing passengers. Also I don't think they travel on the network that often and when they think of these changes they don't take traffic into account.

If the Network Planners don't know the area, I'd like to think Pensnett garage would be actively engaging with Network Planners to steer them away from pushing through such a daft move. It will be Pensnett Garage's reliability, lost mileage & other KPI's that will be impacted operationally.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Winston on December 05, 2019, 11:00:14 AM
Karl works at NXWM Pensnett garage, so his info is likely to be more up to date than yours.

How do you know they keep the garage staff or whatever Karl does up to date, as I know someone who works there and he has trouble getting timetable information before the actual changes come into effect.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Winston on December 05, 2019, 11:04:31 AM
If the Network Planners don't know the area, I'd like to think Pensnett garage would be actively engaging with Network Planners to steer them away from pushing through such a daft move. It will be Pensnett Garage's reliability, lost mileage & other KPI's that will be impacted operationally.

I understand that but do they actually listen?

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 05, 2019, 11:07:25 AM
How do you know they keep the garage staff or whatever Karl does up to date, as I know someone who works there and he has trouble getting timetable information before the actual changes come into effect.

Because the garages will be operating the altered services & will need advanced notice to work up driving duties etc extra buses may be required, extra drivers may need to be moved in etc - can't leave everything to the last minute.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk