News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Nathan on July 31, 2019, 12:06:40 PM
They do usually reduce the 3 & 4 to every 20 each during half term holidays.

I'd imagine it'll be every other bus extending to Wombourne, and every other one still terminating at Spring Hill.
It looks like all buses will serve Wombourne.

winston

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on July 31, 2019, 12:25:00 PM
It looks like all buses will serve Wombourne.

The proposed Wombourne extension of the 4 was every 30 mins, therefore, it will be every other 4 as Nathan said.

wulfrun

Quote from: Nathan on July 31, 2019, 12:06:40 PM
They do usually reduce the 3 & 4 to every 20 each during half term holidays.

What exemption is in force to enable the operator to be exempt from having to submit a registration for the change in service frequency for the duration of the half term break?

Are changes exempt if they are applied for less 14 days and the days covered are public holidays or days when the majority of the population are on holiday?
"Forward in Unity"

winston

Quote from: wulfrun on July 31, 2019, 07:05:51 PM

What exemption is in force to enable the operator to be exempt from having to submit a registration for the change in service frequency for the duration of the half term break?

Are changes exempt if they are applied for less 14 days and the days covered are public holidays or days when the majority of the population are on holiday?

There's no exemption, all the summer timetables reductions are registered.

wulfrun

Quote from: Winston on July 31, 2019, 08:15:13 PM
There's no exemption, all the summer timetables reductions are registered.

I get that Winston, the N3/4 application was made on 21 Jun 2019, to be effective from 21 July 2019.

But I don't see any registrations for changes made during half terms: e.g. 18 Feb 2019 - 22 Feb 2019, 27 May 2019 - 31 May 2019.

27th May was a Bank Holiday, so I assume changes to services for 27th are exempt from registration - being on the grounds the change is in force less than 14 days and is on a day that is a public holiday? Is that correct?

To go back to Nathan's comment about N3/4 services working a reduced frequency during Half Term - my question; what exemption does this service meet to enable the change to be applied without a registration, to operate the service at a reduced frequency over the Half Term?
"Forward in Unity"

winston

Quote from: wulfrun on July 31, 2019, 11:57:45 PM
I get that Winston, the N3/4 application was made on 21 Jun 2019, to be effective from 21 July 2019.

But I don't see any registrations for changes made during half terms: e.g. 18 Feb 2019 - 22 Feb 2019, 27 May 2019 - 31 May 2019.

27th May was a Bank Holiday, so I assume changes to services for 27th are exempt from registration - being on the grounds the change is in force less than 14 days and is on a day that is a public holiday? Is that correct?

To go back to Nathan's comment about N3/4 services working a reduced frequency during Half Term - my question; what exemption does this service meet to enable the change to be applied without a registration, to operate the service at a reduced frequency over the Half Term?

Sorry missed that bit, no idea, never heard of a reduced frequency during other school holidays on a normal daytime service, only ever summer timetable reductions which are registered.

winston

the trainbasher

Quote from: Winston on August 10, 2019, 03:30:03 AM
The 17 & Gornal are far more popular than I ever realized...... news of the petition to save it has made both the Hereford Times & Worcester News:

https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/regional/17824672.petition-launched-save-gornal-bus-route-axe/
https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/regional/17824670.petition-launched-save-gornal-bus-route-axe/

They are articles that are copied from their sister publication the Dudley News (Dudley, Halesowen and Stourbridge News being part of the same group as other two Newsquest titles linked to).

Very easy to do with Wordpress. It just has a RSS feed pick up which copies articles from one site into another.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 10, 2019, 03:47:42 AM
They are articles that are copied from their sister publication the Dudley News (Dudley, Halesowen and Stourbridge News being part of the same group as other two Newsquest titles linked to).

Very easy to do with Wordpress. It just has a RSS feed pick up which copies articles from one site into another.

Yes I know - but you'd have thought that someone might have picked it up prior to going to print/publishing and removed on the basis of what relevance is this to people in these areas / from our sister publications....

Roy

Well done David Stanley and Anne Millward for getting something organised.  It's a lot more than the Wordsley and Kingswinford councillors have done despite all nine of them being contacted by local voters with objections to the proposals. 

Incidentally, the claim by NXWM that Russells Hall Hospital will get more buses is a lie - all they are proposing is to merge the 2/2A with the 82 meaning that Russells Hall will see the same number of buses.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Roy on August 10, 2019, 01:19:45 PM
Well done David Stanley and Anne Millward for getting something organised.  It's a lot more than the Wordsley and Kingswinford councillors have done despite all nine of them being contacted by local voters with objections to the proposals. 

Incidentally, the claim by NXWM that Russells Hall Hospital will get more buses is a lie - all they are proposing is to merge the 2/2A with the 82 meaning that Russells Hall will see the same number of buses.

Yes but look at the past, the people of Wallheath had a petition and calling in the papers because the 205 was to terminate at Kingswinford, so NX change there minds and then nobody catches the buses.

A lot of people will sign a petition even if they have no intention of ever catching a bus.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Roy on August 10, 2019, 01:19:45 PM

That was original my point. It's marketed  as improvements / frequency increases / more links etc, but when you look at the bigger picture, it's not so positive.....

The 15 & 15 shorts / 16 / 17 become the just the 15 & 16 with a short extention to the 4.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on August 10, 2019, 02:36:53 PM
That was original my point. It's marketed  as improvements / frequency increases / more links etc, but when you look at the bigger picture, it's not so positive.....

The 15 & 15 shorts / 16 / 17 become the just the 15 & 16 with a short extention to the 4.

Plus the fact that Swindon passengers get more buses than ever, when really the number of passengers that travel from there aren't that great. Surely it would be better for one number 16 to go Main Road from Wallheath to Wolverhampton missing Swindon and Wombourne, making the journey time quicker and therefore more attractive.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 10, 2019, 02:57:23 PM
Plus the fact that Swindon passengers get more buses than ever, when really the number of passengers that travel from there aren't that great. Surely it would be better for one number 16 to go Main Road from Wallheath to Wolverhampton missing Swindon and Wombourne, making the journey time quicker and therefore more attractive.

Yep increased frequency for low bus use / affluent areas (i.e Swindon & Hinksford) that were previously cut due to low usage, which resulted in the current 15 short journeys.

winston

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk