News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Nearest that NX West Midlands gets to Worcestershire border

Started by Stephen Parry, April 03, 2019, 09:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Parry

I've only really discovered the joys of Worcestershire recently via companies such as First Worcestershire and the like.

Obviously, NX West Midlands don't have buses that go to places like Worcester, Redditch, Droitwich Spa, etc. But what is the closest that an NX West Midlands gets to the Worcestershire border (e.g. centimetres or inches)? It'd be fun to know.

Thanks in advance!

Tony

NXWM run services into Worcestershire as Frankley is in Worcestershire

Stephen Parry

I see. I didn't know that (wasn't Northfield historically a part of Worcestershire?).

That aside, how close does NX West Midlands get to Rubery?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stephen Parry on April 03, 2019, 09:18:52 PM
I see. I didn't know that (wasn't Northfield historically a part of Worcestershire?).

They serve it.

Sorry yeah, as 2206 mentions... the 49 & 63 serve it. To be fair it's right on the border with Birmingham and Worcestershire.

Stephen Parry

What service, my friend?

(I did try and look up a Rubery route for NX West Midlands, but could only seem to get as far as Rednal).

Quote from: Stephen Parry on April 03, 2019, 09:39:32 PM
What service, my friend?

(I did try and look up a Rubery route for NX West Midlands, but could only seem to get as far as Rednal).
49 and 63 go to Rubery.
X20 turns of at Leach Green Lane to go towards Rednal.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stephen Parry

Thanks for that, might try those routes when I next visit that area.

I like how extensive NX West Midlands is. I wish they'd do a Tamworth service to compete with Arriva's 110.

WMT3000

Quote from: Stephen Parry on April 03, 2019, 09:18:52 PM

Historically, more than one part of Birmingham was in Worcestershire. Even Acocks Green until just before the first World War. There's a three pears emblem (appears on Worcestershire County coat of arms) on the police station.

Stephen Parry

Ah, Acocks Green too! One truly does learn something new every day.

One day I will get around to reading about all the boundaries in my hometown...

Cheese

Quote from: Stephen Parry on April 04, 2019, 01:38:12 AM
Ah, Acocks Green too! One truly does learn something new every day.

One day I will get around to reading about all the boundaries in my hometown...

At the crossroads in Bearwood by the Bear pub one of the roads is named Three Shires Oak Road which I believe is where the historical counties of Worcestershire, Warwickshire and Staffordshire used to all border onto.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Tony on April 03, 2019, 09:11:25 PM
NXWM run services into Worcestershire as Frankley is in Worcestershire

Depends what's Frankley and what's New Frankley as the latter is Birmingham.

Cofton Hackett is Worcestershire though.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stephen Parry

Be interesting to look up how close NX West Midlands services get to Shropshire, Warwickshire and Staffordshire - or go into those areas.

I have been on many buses ran by NX West Midlands, but still a few services/areas I haven't, e.g. I've never been some of the eastern parts of Birmingham. It's always interesting to learn about the scope of NX West Midlands.

Quote from: Stephen Parry on April 04, 2019, 07:43:06 PM
Be interesting to look up how close NX West Midlands services get to Shropshire, Warwickshire and Staffordshire - or go into those areas.

I have been on many buses ran by NX West Midlands, but still a few services/areas I haven't, e.g. I've never been some of the eastern parts of Birmingham. It's always interesting to learn about the scope of NX West Midlands.
NX go into Warwickshire on the West Midlands X70 (Coleshill and Water Orton). Also the Coventry 539 (Rugby), 580 (Kenilworth) and 20 (Bedworth).
Lots of routes to Staffordshire, X3 (Lichfield), 10A (Lichfield), X51 (Cannock), 54 (Stafford), 5/5A (Codsall), 10A (Pattingham), 10B codsall, 15/16 (Swindon/Wombourne).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Stephen Parry on April 04, 2019, 07:43:06 PM

There's loads of services into both Staffordshire (6 (WA), 10(WN); 10A(WA); X51; 16 (WN)) to name a few
and Warwickshire 11, 20, X70; 539; 580 to name a few

Stephen Parry

All these answers are fascinating, and I've often wondered how long it would take to get from Land's End to John O'Groats simply by using local bus services (no coaches!). Might make an interesting experiment/documentary!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk