News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Station Facilities

Started by Ginger66, March 04, 2019, 06:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I cant believe that the very well used toilets ( esp by bus drivers) have been demolished in Bloxwich High St! That was one the council promised to keep when they closed the ones in Pelsall/Brownhills/Rushall etc! They were in an abdolutely disgusting condition and hadnt been refurbished since they were built, and were filthy but thats down to Walsall Council who arent known for running services well

Westy

Quote from: Bob on April 19, 2019, 10:54:30 AM
I cant believe that the very well used toilets ( esp by bus drivers) have been demolished in Bloxwich High St! That was one the council promised to keep when they closed the ones in Pelsall/Brownhills/Rushall etc! They were in an abdolutely disgusting condition and hadnt been refurbished since they were built, and were filthy but thats down to Walsall Council who arent known for running services well

To be honest, I hadn't seen them open for ages, so I wonder where the drivers were / are going?

(Asda is a bit far from the stop in my opinion!)

Stephen Parry

I often come across news articles pertaining to meanie railway station managers closing the bogs to taxi drivers. I think one might have been in Derby or Nottingham. Can't recall the other one. But they'd closed the bogs for black cab drivers despite them using it for years.

Bus/coach drivers and cabbies of all kinds deserve toilet facilities.

Bob

Quote from: Westy on April 19, 2019, 05:02:59 PM
To be honest, I hadn't seen them open for ages, so I wonder where the drivers were / are going?

(Asda is a bit far from the stop in my opinion!)

Walsall Council let them get into a horrific state, they were filthy but needed

Roy

The toilets at Dudley Bus Station were a cesspit when they were closed by the council.  TfWM are not going to pay to have them refurbished when they intend to relocate and rebuild the bus station.  I'm sure the new bus station will have decent toilets provided by TfWM.   

mikestone

I was surprised to see despite having fitted but never commisioned gates to the toilets at Walsall Bus Station, the refurbishment has removed them.

Bob

Quote from: Roy on April 25, 2019, 03:57:59 PM
The toilets at Dudley Bus Station were a cesspit when they were closed by the council.  TfWM are not going to pay to have them refurbished when they intend to relocate and rebuild the bus station.  I'm sure the new bus station will have decent toilets provided by TfWM.

They werent salubrious admittedly but were handy. They also had an attendant although christ knows what they did. Why are they relocating the bus station? Its in a good spot and is far better than the absolute monstrosity at Walsall despite being 30 odd years old

Roy

Quote from: Bob on May 01, 2019, 12:26:05 PM
They werent salubrious admittedly but were handy. They also had an attendant although christ knows what they did. Why are they relocating the bus station? Its in a good spot and is far better than the absolute monstrosity at Walsall despite being 30 odd years old

The proposal is that the Farmfoods supermarket on the other side of Fisher Street will be demolished and the main bus station building will be on that site.  Fisher Street will close and become part of the Bus Station which will be drive in and reverse out with 13 stands.  It needs to be moved because the Metro will go straight through the middle of the existing Bus Station.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk