News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Tracker.

Started by 2206, February 05, 2019, 09:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Quote from: don on February 19, 2021, 06:38:37 PM
I noticed 2150 did a run last night at 0200 returning at 0230 from the depot to Wyken Crescent and back. It did not specify what it was doing but not shown as dead - however it followed the route 10 there and back and you couldn't really tell where it stopped because of the lag on the GPS info. There was also a Stagecoach bus in Nuneaton bus station at the same time.

I only noticed because I'd seen the conglomeration of vehicles being parked at the depot - presumably stop tracking when the vehicle's turned off. However I was curious when the bus left and made a journey (I guess staff bus or engineer activity).

I noticed the NXWM electrics don't include the fleet number (except E024 had it) - presumably bus times will have to input it manually.

I personally can't see the problem with this info being available as only curious insomniac bus enthusiasts like me would be interested - you can get far more surprising available info on aircraft locations for instance on line!! I guess the armchair plane spotters have fun!!

Stagecoach have a 767/766 run from Nuneaton to Tamworth via Birch Coppice that leaves Nuneaton at around 0325 (I usually end up following it through Hartshill on my way to work), and one starting in Birch Coppice at 0315, so it was probably a staff bus.

mikestone

London Overground refused a FoI request for diagrams and working timetables on the grounds of danger to staff travelling to and from depots in night hours - rather ludicrous given that Network Rail issue the Working Timetables online!

Westy

Is that tracking map correct for 6751?

According to Twitter, there's a diversion affecting the Great Barr area, but 6751 doesn't seem to be following it, appearing to be somewhere in Handsworth.

Also there were some buses 'stuck' at M6 J7, but they've disappeared!

How does this tracking work?

Where is the information being picked up?

Should diversions be picked up on there?

BH2004

Quote from: Westy on February 23, 2021, 10:08:18 PM

According to Twitter, there's a diversion affecting the Great Barr area, but 6751 doesn't seem to be following it, appearing to be somewhere in Handsworth.

I think the X51 was on diversion but I can't remeber why

Lukeee

Pat

Quote from: Westy on February 23, 2021, 10:08:18 PM

The tracking information is taken from the gps on the ticket machines, or in some cases, gps software on the bus.  It takes the vehicle ID info from these too.

Westy

Interesting to notice some 'anomalies '.

For example, instead of a 326 to Bilston operating via Central Drive  onto Dudleys Fields in Bloxwich, I've just watched the map show said vehicle go up the railway line then Sneyd Lane!

Roy

Brighton & Hove is now showing the number of free seats and wheelchair seats if you click on any bus on a map.

For example:-
https://bustimes.org/services/2-rottingdean-woodingdean-brighton-hove-shoreham-s#map

CL

Quote from: Roy on April 17, 2021, 02:22:25 PM
Brighton & Hove is now showing the number of free seats and wheelchair seats if you click on any bus on a map.

For example:-
https://bustimes.org/services/2-rottingdean-woodingdean-brighton-hove-shoreham-s#map
As do Go North-East, I've noticed
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Westy

Interesting to notice vehicles being shown 'off site', such as Hartshornes & Powertrain.

By the way, how come I've seen the Walsall 37 come along Bentley Lane Reedswood, rather than a 41?

I know the vehicle interworks on the 2 services, so has something not been changed,  or another fault?

windy miller

I noticed pens veh 729 appears to be off the radar?  Although 730
  appears to be in regular use on a 24 service?      is 729 viewable in pensnett
  garage yard maybe???   or is it permanently classed as 'dead' 
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on May 16, 2021, 06:23:44 PM
  I noticed pens veh 729 appears to be off the radar?  Although 730
  appears to be in regular use on a 24 service?      is 729 viewable in pensnett
  garage yard maybe???   or is it permanently classed as 'dead'

Its just waiting some spare parts for defective doors

BusMan Greg

Something I noticed today on Bustimes.org was that vehicles were showing 'blocks' next to each trip they did. After doing some research, I came to the conclusion that these were driver boards which they were displaying. I noticed these 'blocks' on vehicles operated by compaies who use Ticketers! But not NX as they use INIT!

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on May 27, 2021, 04:07:00 PM
Something I noticed today on Bustimes.org was that vehicles were showing 'blocks' next to each trip they did. After doing some research, I came to the conclusion that these were driver boards which they were displaying. I noticed these 'blocks' on vehicles operated by compaies who use Ticketers! But not NX as they use INIT!
Yes, it is, as Ticketer requires you to input the duty/board number.

Westy

2132 on 31 in Bloxwich but displaying 32 on BusTimes!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk