News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Tracker.

Started by 2206, February 05, 2019, 09:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busboy31

Some buses are tracking without a route. and spotting 6927 having the same registration as 6932

DJ

Quote from: busboy31 on February 19, 2021, 11:50:24 AM
Some buses are tracking without a route. and spotting 6927 having the same registration as 6932

Just fixed the latter issue, thanks for pointing it out.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Looks like some of the BC Platinums were travelling round Birmingham during the early hours of the morning from the tracking, . 7525, 7529, 7530. Presume these are staff bus services. But they seem to have been to loads of places.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: busboy31 on February 19, 2021, 11:50:24 AM

I believe the vehicles not showing a route will be those running 'not in service'.

Quote from: 2206 on February 19, 2021, 01:36:01 PM
Presume these are staff bus services. But they seem to have been to loads of places.

Drivers don't all live together you know!  ;D  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

DJ

Quote from: Stu on February 19, 2021, 01:45:50 PM
I believe the vehicles not showing a route will be those running 'not in service'.

Drivers don't all live together you know!  ;D  ;)

I thought they all slept at the depot like the buses do, the more you know, hey?  ;D

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

MW

Dead runs and anything not in normal service should not be freely available to the public to view in my opinion. Soon, some of the more loony enthusiasts will be working out where certain drivers live, and which takeaway the engineers ate from the night before...

I'm surprised National Express have released this information.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on February 19, 2021, 01:36:01 PM
Looks like some of the BC Platinums were travelling round Birmingham during the early hours of the morning from the tracking, . 7525, 7529, 7530. Presume these are staff bus services. But they seem to have been to loads of places.

Yeah, I have seen one of these turning out of Adderley Street at around 0315-0330 last Tuesday. It stated staff bus on it. They'll be going to places close to where the staff live, hence the loads of places?

Stu

Quote from: MW on February 19, 2021, 05:46:01 PM
Dead runs and anything not in normal service should not be freely available to the public to view in my opinion. Soon, some of the more loony enthusiasts will be working out where certain drivers live, and which takeaway the engineers ate from the night before...

I'm surprised National Express have released this information.

I don't know exactly how this system works, but I would agree, there must be some way or functionality for only reporting vehicle location to the open data feeds when the vehicle is in active service.

I noticed yesterday for example that 6945 was tracking up at Darlington where it is at Cummins having work done (as per this post) and enjoyed a little run out up there.

I don't think there is any need for this vehicle's location to be reported to the general public.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

don

I noticed 2150 did a run last night at 0200 returning at 0230 from the depot to Wyken Crescent and back. It did not specify what it was doing but not shown as dead - however it followed the route 10 there and back and you couldn't really tell where it stopped because of the lag on the GPS info. There was also a Stagecoach bus in Nuneaton bus station at the same time.

I only noticed because I'd seen the conglomeration of vehicles being parked at the depot - presumably stop tracking when the vehicle's turned off. However I was curious when the bus left and made a journey (I guess staff bus or engineer activity).

I noticed the NXWM electrics don't include the fleet number (except E024 had it) - presumably bus times will have to input it manually.

I personally can't see the problem with this info being available as only curious insomniac bus enthusiasts like me would be interested - you can get far more surprising available info on aircraft locations for instance on line!! I guess the armchair plane spotters have fun!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SO6597

Can anyone explain the significance of the numbers next to the journey time when you drill down into the vehicle details? Thanks.

the trainbasher

Quote from: SO6597 on February 19, 2021, 09:42:42 PM
Can anyone explain the significance of the numbers next to the journey time when you drill down into the vehicle details? Thanks.

I think its to do with the journey number in the timetables/running boards.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BusMan Greg

WN 11 Still isn't tracking

SO6597

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 19, 2021, 09:47:06 PM
I think its to do with the journey number in the timetables/running boards.

Ok, thanks.

Tony

Quote from: BusMan Greg on February 19, 2021, 10:06:13 PM
WN 11 Still isn't tracking

Yes it is, can see 845 & 853 on there now.

BusMan Greg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk