News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

PrestonBus

Started by PM, July 05, 2012, 08:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Just read that streetlites are on order. There really has been a lot of investment in Preston with hybrid versas, new hybrid volvos soon and the streetlites. I imagine theyll look fantastic in the smart livery.

Nathan4775

Quote from: Peter123 on July 05, 2012, 08:50:03 PM
Just read that streetlites are on order. There really has been a lot of investment in Preston with hybrid versas, new hybrid volvos soon and the streetlites. I imagine theyll look fantastic in the smart livery.

Will they operate out the garage in Long Acre
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Stu

There would be a lot of dead mileage operating Preston area buses from a depot in Birmingham.  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

Quote from: NathanJC on July 13, 2012, 06:15:47 PM

I cant tell if that was sarcastic or just plain stupid!! Probably the latter

Nathan4775

No the Reason I ask becuase 2 Preston Buses operate out Of Long Acre Garage (X27 Evoloutions)
My Flickr;

Tony

Quote from: NathanJC on July 16, 2012, 06:12:20 PM
No the Reason I ask becuase 2 Preston Buses operate out Of Long Acre Garage (X27 Evoloutions)

Those are not Prestonbus vehicles, have a look at the places listed on the side

Tony

Roy

The X27 is a Wessex Connect route between Bristol and Yate, and uses route branded Evolutions.

http://www.x27xpress.co.uk/

PM

Haha. NathanJC's always good for funny comments ;D If I were him, Id check my facts before posting things!!

Stu

You mean you saw these buses at Long Acre? More likely they were in Birmingham because they were on loan or have been transferred. You really think it would be practical to operate routes in Bristol from a depot in Birmingham? Especially when Rotala's Wessex Connect division have their own depots down there.  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

He thought a/ the evolutions were preston's and b/preston bus operates out of Long Acre.

Martin

PrestonBus have added a photo of one of there streetlites onto facebook it is an ex-demo.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

nx4737

Quote from: Peter123 on July 14, 2012, 06:47:20 PM
Quote from: NathanJC on July 13, 2012, 06:15:47 PM

I cant tell if that was sarcastic or just plain stupid!! Probably the latter

That was my initial reaction too, I have to say.

I guess what he's asking is, will Blue/black/red/orage/green whatever they're called this week Diamond, be getting any for down here?  Which I'm pretty certain is no.

Nathan4775

ok ok ok JEEZZZEE calm down
My Flickr;

PM

The new streetlite looks nice in their livery tho and Ive thought Nathan JC could set up a new bus company called Nathan's bus company operating in Aberdeen from a base in Penzance as he seems to think that this type of thing is normal logical and practical

sconehead85

Im glad I found this thread even though it is a long way from the West Midlands/Mercia.

2012 is a PRESTON GUILD year.  The Preston Guild Merchant , as the official title is has been celebrated every 20 years (with some exceptions) since the 12th century.  It was mainly a celebration of the city (then town's) trades and their apprentices.  However the 1992 and 2012 Guilds have been more of a cultural celebration as traditional industries such as textiles and VEHICLE MANUFACTURE (take note) had ceased by, or in the last case in  1992.

20th century Guilds were held in 1902, 1922, 1952, 1972 and 1992.  1942 was missed out due to World War II.  Except for 1902 LEYLAND buses - and other vehicles dominated the then town's transport. Preston Corporation put its first Leyland bus on the road in the Guild year of 1922.

Preston Corporation, Ribble and Fishwicks were all staunch Leyland operators, mainly half cab Titans , Atlanteans and Olympians, plus various single deck types of the Leyland zoo.

However 2012 will be the FINAL Guild in which Leyland buses will figure in the city's public transport. It is appropriate that a 1991 Leyland Olympian 42542 has received Guild livery as it was one of the last batch of Leylands to be delivered to Preston Bus.

There is a saying in Merseyside and Lancashire "Once every Preston Guild", meaning infrequent.
For Preston's Leyland buses it will be the last as other than preserved/museum pieces.

sconehead85

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk