News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: B7RLE on May 26, 2024, 11:17:16 PMOut of habit of doing it, I used by nbus swift pass in Cannock on the X51, and it accepted it. I didn't think they accepted it outside of the county?
What is called 'Nbus Regional' or 'Nbus West Midlands' is accepted outside of the county on Nx services only, as I've used it on the 8 to Lichfield.

Ingleboro261F

It works for any national express west midlands bus that's why 

Tony

Quote from: B7RLE on May 26, 2024, 11:17:16 PMOut of habit of doing it, I used by nbus swift pass in Cannock on the X51, and it accepted it. I didn't think they accepted it outside of the county?
National Express accept Nbus on all their services, that's been clarified here many times

BlackCountryBusSpotter

I've used it to Lichfield and back. I asked the driver on the 34 and what ticket do I need to get to Lichfield and he said an Nbus I had no grief. Mark Fitchew did say only NX Drivers would accept Nbus In Staffordshire so for example the X51 in Cannock, X3 and 8 in Lichfield.  So you can't for example use Select or Chaserider with it. Some Chaserider Drivers may accept it. But NX certainly do on the X3, X51 and 8 and other services that go out of the Nbus area
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Rachvince53

I think they are only valid on NX services outside the nBus area. 

B7RLE

On the NXWM website, it says 'If you are travelling outside of the nBus area including Staffordshire, Worcestershire or Warwickshire you will need a NX Day Saver Extra ticket to travel.'
Local routes are the PN 7, WN 8, 25 and 242 (mainly the 8)
Also regularly use the PN 2, PN 2A and WN 82
Local rail station is Stourbridge Town, 139s 😍

Tony

Quote from: B7RLE on May 27, 2024, 08:01:46 PMOn the NXWM website, it says 'If you are travelling outside of the nBus area including Staffordshire, Worcestershire or Warwickshire you will need a NX Day Saver Extra ticket to travel.'
If you buy the ticket outside the area you have to buy the daysaver extra, as you can only buy nBus inside, but NX do accept nBus for travel in their services

Westy

Quote from: Tony on May 27, 2024, 09:13:49 PMIf you buy the ticket outside the area you have to buy the daysaver extra, as you can only buy nBus inside, but NX do accept nBus for travel in their services
It's that sentence again, that's ambigious.

It suggests you have to buy another ticket, to travel outside the Nbus area, even if you already have a valid ticket bought inside the area.

I know you don't have to, but as we're discussing it yet again, there's obviously an issue with the wording!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on May 27, 2024, 10:22:54 PMIt's that sentence again, that's ambigious.

It suggests you have to buy another ticket, to travel outside the Nbus area, even if you already have a valid ticket bought inside the area.

I know you don't have to, but as we're discussing it yet again, there's obviously an issue with the wording!
Nothing ambiguous at all

Westy

Quote from: Tony on May 28, 2024, 06:03:48 AMNothing ambiguous at all
If people are still asking about these ticket changes after all this time, then people will disagree.

For the record, I understand, if you live / get on in Nbus land, then you get an Nbus ticket.

If you don't live in Nbus land, & get on outside Nbus land, then you get a Daysaver Extra.

Plus Nbus regional passes are valid outside Nbus land on Nx only.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on May 28, 2024, 08:24:49 AMIf people are still asking about these ticket changes after all this time, then people will disagree.

For the record, I understand, if you live / get on in Nbus land, then you get an Nbus ticket.

If you don't live in Nbus land, & get on outside Nbus land, then you get a Daysaver Extra.

Plus Nbus regional passes are valid outside Nbus land on Nx only.
The best thing to do is ask the driver as I did when I went to Lichfield and he said an Nbus would get me there it did I travelled there and back using it
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Tony

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on May 28, 2024, 10:24:57 AMThe best thing to do is ask the driver as I did when I went to Lichfield and he said an Nbus would get me there it did I travelled there and back using it
You don't need to ask the driver, you just tap your nBus card on the scanner and it will accept it. The driver will not query any pass the machine accepts.

B7RLE

In my opinion, the wording is misleading. It says you need an NX Daysaver Extra ticket 'to travel' outside the zone, which isn't the case, and I'm sure its fooled a lot of people, not just me.
Local routes are the PN 7, WN 8, 25 and 242 (mainly the 8)
Also regularly use the PN 2, PN 2A and WN 82
Local rail station is Stourbridge Town, 139s 😍

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on May 28, 2024, 10:29:44 AMYou don't need to ask the driver, you just tap your nBus card on the scanner and it will accept it. The driver will not query any pass the machine accepts.
I was on about the tickets
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Lynx1103

Quote from: Tony on May 28, 2024, 10:29:44 AMYou don't need to ask the driver, you just tap your nBus card on the scanner and it will accept it. The driver will not query any pass the machine accepts.

IS N network family daytripper accepted outside N bus area. I fancy a trip on Coventry 11 to Leamington Spa. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk