News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Unusual Sightings in the West Midlands.

Started by 2206, September 07, 2018, 06:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on April 03, 2020, 07:57:58 PM
You photograph the cheque with your mobile phone and send the bank an image.

Most banks do that nowadays

My bank doesn't allow me to do that. My mother's phone doesn't even have a camera, let alone android or ios on it (she has arthritis so requires a phone with physical, decent size buttons.) So she wouldn't even be able to access online banking for herself, and that's without not trusting online banking, or even using her bank card online.

And that doesn't address the question of paying in cash either.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 03, 2020, 08:00:02 PM
My bank doesn't allow me to do that. My mother's phone doesn't even have a camera, let alone android or ios on it (she has arthritis so requires a phone with physical, decent size buttons.)

As I said you do it at your local post office, not catch a bus for 4 miles

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 03, 2020, 08:00:02 PM
My bank doesn't allow me to do that. My mother's phone doesn't even have a camera, let alone android or ios on it (she has arthritis so requires a phone with physical, decent size buttons.) So she wouldn't even be able to access online banking for herself, and that's without not trusting online banking, or even using her bank card online.

@trainbasher Give it a rest! I don't know why you're even getting involved.

Quote from: Tony on April 03, 2020, 08:01:22 PM
As I said you do it at your local post office, not catch a bus for 4 miles
Very unpleasant attitude I think - I don't see why people should have to explain to you why they are going out as if they are an idiot.
I can understand the lockdown and this is the only time I've been to the City Centre in the last 2 weeks, I previously went most days.

Well I've never heard of banking at a post office before. I've always gone into town to go to the bank.
And since they were still open, I didn't see there being any problem with going. 

If I knew i'd be able to do and get what I needed in the local post office and shops, maybe i'd have gone there instead, but I never thought I would.
Though it was a one off trip and I won't be needing to go back anytime soon anyway.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

You messaged me about a bus in chelmsley wood yesterday.
You're getting around far to much. This isnt a full lockdown but if people dont listen it will be a full Italy style lockdown. We cannot afford to risk lives.

Quote from: Steveminor on April 03, 2020, 08:40:15 PM
You messaged me about a bus in chelmsley wood yesterday.
You're getting around far to much. This isnt a full lockdown but if people dont listen it will be a full Italy style lockdown. We cannot afford to risk lives.
Who says I went to Chelmsely on the bus. In your own vehicle you are isolated from anyone else.
I also personally feel my reason for going there was very essential actually.

And not sure what a full style Italy lockdown is, but sure you'd rather people starve in there homes rather than go out. And people should be free to leave there homes for there health as well I go out for a long walk every day for that reason.

And having to go somewhere essential twice this week is hardly far to often.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on April 03, 2020, 08:44:12 PM
Who says I went to Chelmsely on the bus. In your own vehicle you are isolated from anyone else.
I also personally feel my reason for going there was very essential actually.

And not sure what a full style Italy lockdown is, but sure you'd rather people starve in there homes rather than go out. And people should be free to leave there homes for there health as well I go out for a long walk every day for that reason.

And having to go somewhere essential twice this week is hardly far to often.

You just don't get this do you.

Which bit of the Government instruction is difficult to understand.

You only leave your house for food, medicine, exercise or work. The more people that ignore that the longer we have to put up with this, and the more people die!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on April 03, 2020, 08:57:51 PM

You only leave your house for food, medicine, exercise or work. The more people that ignore that the longer we have to put up with this, and the more people die!

Amen

Steveminor

If anyone wants to see what a full lockdown looks like then carry on as you are, but for a brief idea here are some options some or all could be enacted.

All businesses closed apart from supermarkets & chemists.
No public transport except for key workers ONLY.
No private transport outside of your own immediate area.
No going outside at all without a valid form authorising you to be out
& that could be limited to once a week.
Military checkpoints throughout the country.
In effect Marshall law.
Essential travel only or many thousands WILL DIE.
Oh & in some countries if someone contracts the virus & dies as a result of you breaking lockdown, you're sent to prison for manslaughter without a trial.
I dont want this Tony doesn't want this noone wants this so please.

Stay home, protect the NHS  & save lives.

WMT3000

Quote from: Tony on April 03, 2020, 08:57:51 PM

If anyone knows this uneducated, misinformed little runt's details, I would strongly recommend reporting this behaviour online via www.police.uk. There is a section on the website for letting West midlands police know about people who are completely disregarding the current government guidelines. A simple screenshot of his posts would be enough to keep this muppet behind closed doors for the next 6 months. I don't think bus spotting falls into the "essential" category to say the least.

Quote from: Steveminor on April 03, 2020, 09:13:23 PM
In effect Marshall law.
Oh & in some countries if someone contracts the virus & dies as a result of you breaking lockdown, you're sent to prison for manslaughter without a trial.
Some of those things I find ridiculous personally.
I wouldn't be able to even carry a whole weeks worth of shopping home. And a lot of people clearly have to rely on public transport to get to the shops. You see people stood at bus stops with 5 or 6 bags of shopping.
Quote from: WMT3000 on April 03, 2020, 09:20:10 PM
If anyone knows this uneducated, misinformed little runt's details, I would strongly recommend reporting this behaviour online via www.police.uk. There is a section on the
Definitely a disgusting attitude from some people on here.
Don't like being called a pig.
From the rules posted earlier in the thread I don't think I've broken any law actually.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

WMT3000

Quote from: 2206 on April 03, 2020, 09:21:54 PM
Some of those things I find ridiculous personally.
I wouldn't be able to even carry a whole weeks worth of shopping home. And a lot of people clearly have to rely on public transport to get to the shops. You see people stood at bus stops with 5 or 6 bags of shopping. Definitely a disgusting attitude from some people on here.
Don't like being called a pig.
From the rules posted earlier in the thread I don't think I've broken any law actually.
Nobody cares what you find ridiculous. You are ridiculous.

Steveminor

Watch sky news you'll see what's happening in italy right now & what will soon be happening here

the trainbasher

Quote from: Steveminor on April 03, 2020, 09:13:23 PM
If anyone wants to see what a full lockdown looks like then carry on as you are, but for a brief idea here are some options some or all could be enacted.

In effect Marshall law.

Stay home, protect the NHS  & save lives.

And if they did, you could almost likely see some acts of civil disobedience. Italy is already on its way to breaking points according to reports, with potential for riots.

Even if there were acts of Civil disobedience or riots, the army would be too over worked, with some areas having the potential to become no go zones or vigilante action for a long while.

There is no way in English Law for a automatic manslaughter conviction to be applied if someone died as a result of someone breaking a lock down. Especially with the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Plus we still have Human Rights too.

And it's Martial Law, not Marshall Law.

Quote from: WMT3000 on April 03, 2020, 09:20:10 PM
If anyone knows this uneducated, misinformed little runt's details, I would strongly recommend reporting this behaviour online via www.police.uk. There is a section on the website for letting West midlands police know about people who are completely disregarding the current government guidelines. A simple screenshot of his posts would be enough to keep this muppet behind closed doors for the next 6 months. I don't think bus spotting falls into the "essential" category to say the least.

I think you must not have read the posts completely. Legally permissive activity was mentioned to be going on, with the posters mere report of said happenings on being merely circumstantial as to their legally permitted activity.

Quote from: Winston on April 03, 2020, 08:02:45 PM
@trainbasher Give it a rest! I don't know why you're even getting involved.

Because I am fed up of seeing online posts on forums of incorrect information and arguments against people merely noticing things whilst going about their legally permitted activities.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 03, 2020, 09:31:25 PM
And if they did, you could almost likely see some acts of civil disobedience. Italy is already on its way to breaking points according to reports, with potential for riots.

Even if there were acts of Civil disobedience or riots, the army would be too over worked, with some areas having the potential to become no go zones or vigilante action for a long while.

There is no way in English Law for a automatic manslaughter conviction to be applied if someone died as a result of someone breaking a lock down. Especially with the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Plus we still have Human Rights too.

And it's Martial Law, not Marshall Law.

I think you must not have read the posts completely. Legally permissive activity was mentioned to be going on, with the posters mere report of said happenings on being merely circumstantial as to their legally permitted activity.

Because I am fed up of incorrect information and arguments against people merely noticing things whilst going about their legally permitted activities.

And as normal you want to find a loophole to prove a point, Why not just be socially responsible without having to pretend your clever

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk