News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

10A to Lichfield from 22nd of July

Started by Michael Bevan, June 10, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

The timetable leaflet has appeared in Walsall Travelshop!

l.murphy123

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on June 10, 2018, 11:48:40 PM
I guess it only means there could be more incentive to have a permanent Cannock to Brum link on the X51 either 60, 30 or every 20 mins. Good news, hopefully Nx can compete with some dreadful Arriva operations.

Running the X51 more regularly to cannock would be fantastic and its something ive asked them to consider, but I would still be happy with a cannock-walsall route. Cannock needs competition.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 16, 2018, 11:12:13 PM
Running the X51 more regularly to cannock would be fantastic and its something ive asked them to consider, but I would still be happy with a cannock-walsall route. Cannock needs competition.

Doubt they will. Have you seen Arrivas loadings on 1 and 2? Converting the 1 to Sapphire was supposed to increase passengers. Had theopposite, they DECREASED the service 🤣🤣🤣 half the time any junk is on there. 2745 yesterday. Worst bus theyve got on a premium route? A1 allocating

l.murphy123

Quote from: Bob on July 17, 2018, 07:02:07 PM

Yeah im a regular user of the 1, 2, 2E and it was full today in both directions.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

Thats a rare occasion. If it was that much of a busy route why cut frequency of the 1 from every 20 to every 30 mins? Every time i see them especially the 2 theyre half full at best. Not good considering when Arriva first took on the 1 after Chase takeover they were using deckers on it on a Saturday....

Westy

Different traffic notice in the buses today refering to the 10a !

Westy

Don't suppose anyone has spotted Councilor Richard Worrall on the first journey?

metrocity

Quote from: Westy on July 22, 2018, 11:32:07 AM
Don't suppose anyone has spotted Councilor Richard Worrall on the first journey?
Why would they?

Westy

Quote from: metrocity on July 22, 2018, 01:56:54 PM
Why would they?

He has been known to go on the first journeys of new services, or where a new facilty has been opened, for example I heard he went on the first service to leave that 'island' platform in Walsall Bus Station when it finally opened.

(He was also responsible for getting the subsidised 35 in Walsall going, by paying from his allowance!)

I've seen him on the odd Aston Manor trip too.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Bob on July 18, 2018, 09:48:55 PM
Thats a rare occasion. If it was that much of a busy route why cut frequency of the 1 from every 20 to every 30 mins? Every time i see them especially the 2 theyre half full at best. Not good considering when Arriva first took on the 1 after Chase takeover they were using deckers on it on a Saturday....

Because they are constantly cutting back. They also scrapped the 2A. There's alot of issues with Arriva Cannock at the moment and in my opinion NXWM or Diamond would do a better job.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 22, 2018, 09:01:26 PM
Because they are constantly cutting back. They also scrapped the 2A. There's alot of issues with Arriva Cannock at the moment and in my opinion NXWM or Diamond would do a better job.

They wouldnt have cut it if patronage had increased! Diamomd? Arriva arent brilliant but Jesus 🤣

Westy

Diamond would need a South Staffs base, if they came into Cannock.

NX could run the services from Walsall & Wolves.

By  the way, there's 2 versions of the 10a timetable leaflet in circulation, the standard 10/10a NWM version & a NX 10a only version, featuring the fares/special offers.

Steveminor

Quote from: Bob on July 23, 2018, 07:09:03 PM
They wouldnt have cut it if patronage had increased! Diamomd? Arriva arent brilliant but Jesus 🤣

See Bob arriva aren't that bad. How many times would you be posting if you had Diamond instead?

Bob

Quote from: Steveminor on July 23, 2018, 10:46:44 PM
See Bob arriva aren't that bad. How many times would you be posting if you had Diamond instead?

Being the lesser of 2 evils doesnt mean theyre good lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk