News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester to stop producing timetables

Started by Straightlines, June 04, 2018, 02:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straightlines

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/bus-company-arriva-stop-printing-1635542

'Saving the planet' which translated from Corporate Aquamarine Nonsense reads to cutting costs with little consideration to their customers.

If so many timetables go unused why not just produce less?  Good luck to bringing new users to the service and even more good luck to the visitor attempting to use the local service.

Westy

You try finding a hard copy of an Arriva timetable round here in the Wm.

Rarer than rocking horse poo!

markcf83

That's just asking for trouble. If I'm going anywhere I tend to rely on paper timetables as opposed to the useless phone based website. PS why are Arriva day tickets,namely the Day Rover bought in Birmingham,not valid beyond Nuneaton? Stupid......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

PointerDart

Quote from: markcf83 on July 25, 2018, 05:03:45 PM
That's just asking for trouble. If I'm going anywhere I tend to rely on paper timetables as opposed to the useless phone based website. PS why are Arriva day tickets,namely the Day Rover bought in Birmingham,not valid beyond Nuneaton? Stupid......

New East/West Midlands boundaries, I guess. Previously all one region, now split into two. It is stupid though.

markcf83

Quote from: PointerDart on July 25, 2018, 07:47:18 PM
New East/West Midlands boundaries, I guess. Previously all one region, now split into two. It is stupid though.

Thanks for the answer PointerDart. I completely agree with you.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

PointerDart

Quote from: markcf83 on July 25, 2018, 08:23:16 PM

Thanks for the answer PointerDart. I completely agree with you.

No worries - it came in a year or two ago. I remember someone being confused recently about the whole Coventry/Nuneaton/Tamworth situation or something along those lines.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk