News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

According to Vosa a new service 7 is going to be introduced between Stafford and Moss Pitt. This service will commence on the 26th of Jan

Brick60000

Quote from: BusMan Greg on December 28, 2018, 12:12:44 PM
According to Vosa a new service 7 is going to be introduced between Stafford and Moss Pitt. This service will commence on the 26th of Jan

Looks like the 8 is being divided back up again.

I wonder what the reason for this is? If memory serves me correct it used to be one route before the days when it was the 8 & 10, then  going to one route again as the 8. I might have invented that though!

l.murphy123

Quote from: Busman Jamie on December 25, 2018, 02:26:55 PM
@Simon@Arriva I noticed yesterday (24/12/18) that sapphire 3305 still has 2A on the branding

There's more than one with it on I believe. Itd be nice if they all had the new sapphire rebrand and an NX style map on the side / back.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

ntw456

Quote from: l.murphy123 on December 28, 2018, 08:15:50 PM
There's more than one with it on I believe. Itd be nice if they all had the new sapphire rebrand and an NX style map on the side / back.

The other is 3309

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Brick60000 on December 28, 2018, 07:33:06 PM
Looks like the 8 is being divided back up again.

I wonder what the reason for this is? If memory serves me correct it used to be one route before the days when it was the 8 & 10, then  going to one route again as the 8. I might have invented that though!

Hi, yes it is being divided up and it is to do with interworking of the 74, 825 and the new H service.  There are some that run through at school times and are shown as a 7 and 8 with connections.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on December 24, 2018, 03:41:06 PM
@Simon@Arriva When will you be able to upload the timetables (as in the ones that get printed)?

Hoping to be around 9th January.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 02, 2019, 02:01:08 PM
Hoping to be around 9th January.

Have you got any provisional timetables you could email over?

Also Happy new year everyone to on the forum
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

l.murphy123

Arriva used to run an X68 service between Cannock and New Cross hospitals. It didnt work though as everyone who used it had a free journey as staff or patient with appointment letter. Perhaps if the X61 is successful you could run an X70 at peak times, similar to that X68, for commuters? Journey time is about 20 minutes less according to the timetable I have found. Just an idea...
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

DJ

Hi Simon,
Could you possibly pass on a message to someone at Cannock regarding the driver of 3304 this evening on the 1? She was very friendly and helped me with working out the ticket I needed, a great representative for your company too.
Thanks.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: StourValley98 on January 02, 2019, 05:42:45 PM
Hi Simon,
Could you possibly pass on a message to someone at Cannock regarding the driver of 3304 this evening on the 1? She was very friendly and helped me with working out the ticket I needed, a great representative for your company too.
Thanks.

Hi

Yes of course and thanks for making me aware.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on January 02, 2019, 05:39:40 PM
Arriva used to run an X68 service between Cannock and New Cross hospitals. It didnt work though as everyone who used it had a free journey as staff or patient with appointment letter. Perhaps if the X61 is successful you could run an X70 at peak times, similar to that X68, for commuters? Journey time is about 20 minutes less according to the timetable I have found. Just an idea...

We will see.

The X68 was paid for by the NHS Trust so we did get income from it.  The money for the service was withdrawn.

The X61 is only once a day in each direction but may be attractive for commuters - we will see.

Bob

Did a Pulsar breakdown on Wolverhampton road this morning heading towards Longford island? Yj61 FEP i think? Was parked with hazards on causing a massive queue of traffic behind it

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on January 03, 2019, 06:16:02 PM
Did a Pulsar breakdown on Wolverhampton road this morning heading towards Longford island? Yj61 FEP i think? Was parked with hazards on causing a massive queue of traffic behind it

Sounds like it!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 04, 2019, 04:34:49 PM
Sounds like it!
Hi @Simon@Arriva 3303 and 3304 next stop announcements not working but the screen displaying the stops are

3303 stop announcements screen is behind we passed nursery road and came up with next stop is nursery road but again no voice announcements

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on January 04, 2019, 04:34:49 PM
Sounds like it!

Strange place for a bus to be i thought unless it was en route to Stafford via the motorway etc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk