News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Dudley proposals

Started by Steve3229vp, May 29, 2018, 10:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: don on May 30, 2018, 01:23:58 PM
These proposals have a 13A from Dudley to Birmingham; a 13 from Oldbury to Birmingham; and there is an existing 13 from Dudley to Walsall - they're all geographically much closer - although people making very local journeys and regular travellers will no doubt cope without a problem, it's a potential nightmare for non locals trying to plan a journey and the catch the right bus. The 13 A and 13 at Dudley seem destined to confuse.

"Between Blackheath and Dudley, the 127 will be replaced by changes to the 241."

It seems to me that the 13A will only run from Blackheath to Birmingham, rather than the current full 127 route to Dudley.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

don

Quote from: StourValley98 on May 30, 2018, 01:38:10 PM
"Between Blackheath and Dudley, the 127 will be replaced by changes to the 241."

It seems to me that the 13A will only run from Blackheath to Birmingham, rather than the current full 127 route to Dudley.

Yes agreed - missed that bit. Slightly less confusing then!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

DavidGrain

NXWM have gone out to consultation on changes to bus routes in Dudley

This has some interesting effects to the Hagley Road Birmingham buses

9 timetable changes to provide a 5 minute interval service co-ordinated with the X8 and X10

X8 a renumbering of the 140 conversion to Palatinum limited stop between Quinton Parish Church and Five Ways, co-ordinated with the X10 to provide a 10 minute service.

126 renumbered as 15

120 renumbered 12 and combined with at new service 12A

120A replaced by a new service 12A

128 renumbered 13 and co-ordinated with new service 13A

129 replaced by new service 13A

140 replaced by X8 see above

The idea of the renumbering is to bring the Hagley Road buses into the same series of number. There are changes in the routes beyond the Hagley Road but I refer you to the consultation document for these

Kevin

Interesting to note - with the 15 apparently getting standard buses the Wolverhampton Road will be the first downgrade from Platinum. Potential for upset
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on May 30, 2018, 06:03:15 PM
Interesting to note - with the 15 apparently getting standard buses the Wolverhampton Road will be the first downgrade from Platinum. Potential for upset
The 96 (as the 966 between Chelmsley Wood and Erdington) was operated by Platinum vehicles from December 2016 till June 2017 and was downgraded from platinum vehicles to standard vehicles, Omnilinks and SWB E200 (on Sundays).
Though the 966 was never marketed and branded as a platinum service so never appeared on the NX Platinum Website.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

winston

Quote from: Kevin on May 30, 2018, 06:03:15 PM

I suspected that would be the case with the 15, with the X7 & X8 being Platinum. The 15 might gain crimsion as a compromise to match the 9.

Trident4590

Couple of questions, what does pvr mean?
Is the X7 a faster version of the 15 because that's what it looked like on the map.

Why get rid of the 121 and run the 12a to birmingham and locals already have 2 other options to get there? That's 120 and 126 if you're wondering and even the 127

Has nx seen the 126? It can get pretty packed so why reduce it 15 minutes?
I think the biggest issue is the 121 keep it with the small E200's and add another bus on to the route in the peak times to keep up, have 2 buses running the full route and one with E service.
I don't think the routes should be renumbered

monkeyjoe

Could the 15 not get plats and be operated by BC?   

Who knows might operate short journeys at peak times ? Not sure where too

Quote from: Trident4590 on May 30, 2018, 06:39:15 PM
Couple of questions, what does pvr mean?
Is the X7 a faster version of the 15 because that's what it looked like on the map.

Why get rid of the 121 and run the 12a to birmingham and locals already have 2 other options to get there? That's 120 and 126 if you're wondering and even the 127

I think the biggest issue is the 121 keep it with the small E200's and add another bus on to the route in the peak times to keep up, have 2 buses running the full route and one with E service.
I don't think the routes should be renumbered
Peak Vehicle Requirement.
X7 would be an express version of the 87 skipping out the Dudley Road and Cape Hill from the City Centre to Oldbury then as the 126 to Wolverhampton from Portway Road.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Thinking about it, the 15 will be one to watch
With a reduction from the current every 10 mins 126 to 4bph it's less of a turn up and go service, and it now won't fit in with services along the Hagley road with them all being every 10
Passengers on the northern section heading to Brum will just use the (potentially faster) X7 and I don't really think the patronage left will sustain the route, I see it being cut back to every 20 before long

Quote from: 2206 on May 30, 2018, 06:42:42 PM
Peak Vehicle Requirement.
X7 would be an express version of the 87 skipping out the Dudley Road and Cape Hill then from Dudley as the 126 to Wolverhampton.

Not quite, express version of 87 as far as Oldbury, then up onto the Wolverhampton Road and as per 126 from there
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Quote from: Trident4590 on May 30, 2018, 06:39:15 PM

It will all depend on where passengers currently travel to. People currently using the 126 to get straight from Birmingham to Dudley will likely switch to the X7 or X8 if they are faster services, leaving more capacity (thus less crowded) on the 15 for the passengers who only use part of the route between Dudley and Quinton for example.

A 15min frequency service that runs more reliably is preferable to a 10min frequency service that often bunches leaving larger gaps in service.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

Assuming they will all have to depart from colmore row if that's the case, so those people have the frequency of the x8 and x7 together

monkeyjoe

Surprised the 74 has not been tampered with ?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: monkeyjoe on May 30, 2018, 07:50:50 PM
Surprised the 74 has not been tampered with ?

They are probably sorting the consultation out bit by bit
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk