News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Dudley proposals

Started by Steve3229vp, May 29, 2018, 10:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

New Dudley proposals
NEW X7, X8, 3, 3A, 12, 12A, 13, 13A and 15

Straightlines

Quote from: Steve3229vp on May 29, 2018, 10:39:31 AM
New Dudley proposals
NEW X7, X8, 3, 3A, 12, 12A, 13, 13A and 15

Good local knowledge on some of the maps - Where's 'Black Heath' ???

BK63 YWP

More platinums for this year? Hopefully streetdecks :). I think the new Xs will help the wolves to Birmingham part as 80 - 90 mins is a long time. Surprised the X9 never got a look in?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on May 29, 2018, 12:55:12 PM
More platinums for this year? Hopefully streetdecks :). I think the new Xs will help the wolves to Birmingham part as 80 - 90 mins is a long time. Surprised the X9 never got a look in?

No new platinums for these services

Steve3229vp

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on May 29, 2018, 12:55:12 PM
I would think that the existing Platinums on the 126 will be used by new X7 and X8, they will probably use less vehicles so the new 15 could possibly be Platinum as well. I would think that the X7 and X8 will by WN operated and the 15 by PT
There's probably no need for new Platinums

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2018, 01:06:01 PM
No new platinums for these services

Isn't the X10 going to require more platinums for the new extension?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

:D

Sounds interesting.

The only problem I see is, there's bus route numbered 3 already (Birmingham - Yardley Wood).

Unless that one is also changed around the same time under South/Southeast Birmingham review, I think that'll pose many confusions since both 3s go to city centre.

Quote from: :D on May 29, 2018, 01:34:54 PM
Sounds interesting.

The only problem I see is, there's bus route numbered 3 already (Birmingham - Yardley Wood).

Unless that one is also changed around the same time under South/Southeast Birmingham review, I think that'll pose many confusions since both 3s go to city centre.
Nobody is going to get confused between a 3 that operates between West Bromwich and Merry Hill (Replacing the 289 - it will go nowhere near the City Centre) and the 3 that operates between the City Centre and Yardley Wood. They are quite a big distance away from each other.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

:D

I misread the document, I thought they were going to the city centre.

Apologies!

Mike K

I'd assumed that splitting the 126 at Dudley would be to do with relaibility issues but with the X7/8 running Birmingham - Dudley - Wolverhampton that doesn't appear to have been the case.

The end of the 1xx series Black Country Hagley Road service numbers, which date back to Midand Red days. That's a bit sad.

winston

Disappointing there's no Platinum X9

I was also looking forward to the potential extension of the X10 to Kingswinford via the 205 route.

Reducing the 205 to hourly will be a further downward spiral for the route

Trident 4194

These aren't set in stone are they?

Dom

Hmm no service going down the Wolverhampton Road after Portway Road? A lot of people shall be p*ssed off with that!

Any idea which garages services are likely to run from.

Dom

Quote from: WB Driver on May 29, 2018, 03:11:21 PM
Any idea which garages services are likely to run from.

X7 and X8, I've head will be WN, simply because they don't want mid-route reliefs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk