News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Heritage Fleet

Started by Tony, May 09, 2018, 07:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C Driver

Something inbetween 3035 and 2957s age would be great for the next addition  😊
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Tony

Quote from: B.C Driver on September 05, 2018, 07:55:30 PM
Something inbetween 3035 and 2957s age would be great for the next addition  😊

Working on it!

Steve3229vp

3035 has to go into WMPTE livery to represent the early 1970's. It would be unique as all the other preserved BCT Standards are in BCT livery.

B.C Driver

Quote from: Steve3229vp on September 05, 2018, 08:51:06 PM
3035 has to go into WMPTE livery to represent the early 1970's. It would be unique as all the other preserved BCT Standards are in BCT livery.

I agree, will give it a contrasting look compared to 3225. Plus more people will remember the WMPTE livery rather than the BCT one.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Westy

Are you planning to get a VR, a National & a Lynx too?

cris 99

exactly the same livery its in now
17//72/73/97/X12

Wolves256

The 4th heritage bus has to be a WMPTE standard MCW, Park Royal fleetline.
Fleetlines were the backbone of the fleet in the 70s and 80s and outside London WMPTE had the biggest fleet.
What happened to 4133?

Squiz1971

Quote from: Wolves256 on September 05, 2018, 11:09:05 PM
The 4th heritage bus has to be a WMPTE standard MCW, Park Royal fleetline.
Fleetlines were the backbone of the fleet in the 70s and 80s and outside London WMPTE had the biggest fleet.
What happened to 4133?
Sent abroad & is now a mobile home I believe @Wolves256. I believe 3913 is up for sale so maybe that could be one for consideration?

Tony

Quote from: Squiz1971 on September 06, 2018, 07:39:08 PM
Sent abroad & is now a mobile home I believe @Wolves256. I believe 3913 is up for sale so maybe that could be one for consideration?

We are very close to taking on a 4th at the moment so don't need any more offers just at the moment

Mike K

Quote from: Squiz1971 on September 06, 2018, 07:39:08 PM

I only discovered fairly recently that the preserved 3913 SOE913H, is in fact ex Wolverhampton 'jumbo' Fleetline 3986 TOB986H, their identities having been swapped when 3913 was found to be in poor condition when acquired for preservation.

Disappointed to find that one of my local SOE—-H Fleetlines from my childhood is actually a northern division imposter.

cardew

It would be nice to see a BCT bus in WMPTE livery, one of 3796 or 3880 perhaps as they spent most of their working lives in those colours. Ideally 3436 but I have no idea how long that will take to restore!

Westy

I know one of the 3 prototype Volvo Ailsa's is owned privately, but do any of the production batch still survive, as they went down London didn't they?

In fact, does anyone know what doesn't survive from the various types operated by the PTE?

From memory & reading various books on the subject, I can think of the following:

The Northern Counties Fleetlines ordered by Walsall & West Brom.

Ex Hull Atlanteans from the mid 70's(Some were in Walsall, I believe?)

The DMS style Fleetlines operated by the old South Division in the early 80's.

filbus1

Quote from: Westy on September 08, 2018, 09:23:15 PM
I know one of the 3 prototype Volvo Ailsa's is owned privately, but do any of the production batch still survive, as they went down London didn't they?

In fact, does anyone know what doesn't survive from the various types operated by the PTE?

From memory & reading various books on the subject, I can think of the following:

The Northern Counties Fleetlines ordered by Walsall & West Brom.

Ex Hull Atlanteans from the mid 70's(Some were in Walsall, I believe?)

The DMS style Fleetlines operated by the old South Division in the early 80's.
Ailsa 4738 is owned by the same group as 4527, also one of the ex Hull Atlanteans survives too but I can't give any details of it at the moment, can anyone else.

cardew

ex Dudley Hull Atlantean 6342KH was preserved but having checked DVLA this registration is now on a Land Rover so it may have bitten the dust

Tony

Quote from: cardew on September 08, 2018, 10:18:39 PM
ex Dudley Hull Atlantean 6342KH was preserved but having checked DVLA this registration is now on a Land Rover so it may have bitten the dust

Still survives

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk