News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Free bus passes for the homeless

Started by monkeyjoe, April 09, 2018, 06:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

I don't see Andy pandy volunteering to take them back to his house to wash and clean and feed them and give them a bed for the night   Wonder why !!

Quote from: karl724223 on April 10, 2018, 11:49:40 PM
have you had to deal with them when they just walk on the bus without paying stinking of booze then when you challenge them you see how aggressive they become
Who says they're all homeless?
A lot of people who aren't homeless do that, refuse to pay and become aggressive. They're just as bad.
There was a man on the 11C last Friday trying to use an old style dayticket (from before the Init ticket machines were installed), who became aggressive and he certainly wasn't homeless.
And i've seen many trying to use invalid ticket on the X3/X4/X5 recently as well and they're certainly not homeless.

There was a man sat at the front of the X5 as well the other day he stank and chose to sit in the seat right at the front by the driver on the MMC, but he wasn't homeless as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on April 10, 2018, 11:56:59 PM
Who says they're all homeless?
A lot of people who aren't homeless do that, refuse to pay and become aggressive. They're just as bad.
There was a man on the 11C last Friday trying to use an old style dayticket (from before the Init ticket machines were installed), who became aggressive and he certainly wasn't homeless.
And i've seen many trying to use invalid ticket on the X3/X4/X5 recently as well and they're certainly not homeless.

Either way, I stand with Karl, would you really want this type of sum on board, potentially putting other passengers at risk? I know for a fact I wouldn't! Homeless or not, asking for money and aggression is never on! 

In addition to that, surely on NXs part this is just going to cause more chance for fare dodgers, the daysaver scratch cards are the worse I've seen, using plastic wallets, covering the year or date with your finger, or even not scratching it off at all, if anything can they not give them a Swift Daysaver card, stops fraud then!!

karl724223

Quote from: Dom on April 11, 2018, 12:02:20 AM
Either way, I stand with Karl, would you really want this type of sum on board, potentially putting other passengers at risk? I know for a fact I wouldn't! Homeless or not, asking for money and aggression is never on! 

In addition to that, surely on NXs part this is just going to cause more chance for fare dodgers, the daysaver scratch cards are the worse I've seen, using plastic wallets, covering the year or date with your finger, or even not scratching it off at all, if anything can they not give them a Swift Daysaver card, stops fraud then!!
i agree scratch off cards are the worst for fraud they got rid of them in the 90s then they bought them back
Maybe @2206 can adopt a few of them

B.C Driver

Free travel for the homeless (to help them get to job interviews of course) and free food hand outs nightly in the City centre. While I have sympathy for genuine hard up homeless people, there arnt many genuine ones. Most will spend any money kindly given to them by good meaning people on drink or drugs. I've seen the same ones begging for years. Some don't want to change their ways and live their lives in a community of others. A lot will spend the night in a hostel often with breakfast, spend the day begging and then get fed at handouts every night. Now they are getting free travel too. Is there anything else the working man can do to fund their lifestyle? Maybe offer them free cinema tickets to occupy their evenings?
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Quote from: B.C Driver on April 11, 2018, 09:59:09 AM
Free travel for the homeless (to help them get to job interviews of course) and free food hand outs nightly in the City centre. While I have sympathy for genuine hard up homeless people, there arnt many genuine ones. Most will spend any money kindly given to them by good meaning people on drink or drugs. I've seen the same ones begging for years. Some don't want to change their ways and live their lives in a community of others. A lot will spend the night in a hostel often with breakfast, spend the day begging and then get fed at handouts every night. Now they are getting free travel too. Is there anything else the working man can do to fund their lifestyle? Maybe offer them free cinema tickets to occupy their evenings?
Pleanty do spend any money given to then on drugs and alcohol, becomming addicted, yes.
They don't appear to get that for nothing, the hostels, appear to charge rent to stay there over night.
The schemes not being paid/funded for by the working man, it looks like its being paid for by National Express.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: B.C Driver on April 11, 2018, 09:59:09 AM

Totally agree. Wouldn't be surprised if they ended up sleeping on the buses at night with their free tickets- then causing agro when the driver finishes his shift and wants to go home. Have not thought about the drivers in this idea at all.

Solo1

I hope when the homeless get a job they offer to pay nxbus  as if it wasn't for national express helping
them with a roof over their heads they would still be on the streets just hope they don't abuse the scheme

The Real 4778

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 09, 2018, 06:31:10 PM
Another waste of money just to get a few votes/extra publicity

Votes from whom?  Not the homeless, that's for sure, because they aren't on the electoral roll.
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk