News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New garages!

Started by Tony, March 26, 2018, 11:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Hmmm, some must have moved back to NX then?

Sipson Road / Stansted etc will all soon come under West Midlands Travel Limited, however, I'd expect all existing terms & conditions for current NX Ops staff will remain unchanged. I suspect it will just be a paper transfer and very little will change.

That person can already transfer within NX Group now, but terms & conditions / rates of pay will be different.

TT90

Thanks Winston.

He's interested in the bus ops at Sipson but like you say the pay and conditions will be different although I believe HR and Head Management is still covered by Birmingham HQ ?

Next time I'm there I'll photo the Merc's on the BA work.

winston

I don't think the change has physically happened yet, as WMT Ltd only applied for new licenses a couple of weeks ago, but doubt very much will change on the face of it.

These are the current driver vacancies within NX coach:
https://www.nationalexpress.jobs/jobs/vacancy/find/results/

The only one listed for Heathrow is 'coach driver', not sure how bus drivers compare of the BA Shuttle & other contract work compares.
https://www.nationalexpress.jobs/jobs/vacancy/coach-driver---heathrow--dr00169/946/description/

TT90

The vacancy for Bus Drivers at Heathrow has now expired but like you say he could probably transfer within the group structure .

Wonder what the changes will mean long term and if it's all going to be intergrated with same systems, technology etc...... ?

winston

It seems to be more about bringing more of NX's UK activities under a single Limited Company i.e. WMT Ltd / it might reduce management / back offices positions going forward if there's any overlap? But I suspect much of the current structure / on the ground stuff will be as is currently. Sipson Road, Luton & Stansted just become additional depots using the trading name 'National Express', just like NXC is different but still falls under WMT Limited.

The bus fleet is numbered in the TWM inspired number 8*** series scheme, and coaches 0-231 if you drop the depot code which fits with NXWM's 90-95 & 135, so can't really see those changing.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Winston on April 11, 2018, 12:30:07 AM
and coaches 0-231 if you drop the depot code which fits with NXWM's 90-95 & 135, so can't really see those changing.

Tony will be able to advise if this has changed recently, but the depot codes were only applied to the Vehicles themselves. On the 'official' fleet list, they were always listed with their 'C' prefix (SR050 listed as C050, CY129 listed as C129 etc).

winston

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on April 11, 2018, 01:13:49 PM
Tony will be able to advise if this has changed recently, but the depot codes were only applied to the Vehicles themselves. On the 'official' fleet list, they were always listed with their 'C' prefix (SR050 listed as C050, CY129 listed as C129 etc).

Yes - the coach fleet are numbered differently compared with what the actual vehicles carry.

C111/112 & C135 all appear to have dropped the 'C' on transferring to Dundee & Walsall respectively.

Tony

Quote from: Winston on April 11, 2018, 01:23:04 PM
Yes - the coach fleet are numbered differently compared with what the actual vehicles carry.

C111/112 & C135 all appear to have dropped the 'C' on transferring to Dundee & Walsall respectively.

They are all still Cxxx on the computer including 111/2/35.

The 6 new to Walsall are actually 9101-6, but Walsall applied 90-95 following on from the Whittle ones

winston

Quote from: Tony on April 11, 2018, 03:25:45 PM
They are all still Cxxx on the computer including 111/2/35.

The 6 new to Walsall are actually 9101-6, but Walsall applied 90-95 following on from the Whittle ones

That muddy's the water even more then.

Is there a date set when WMT Ltd officially take over Sipson Rd / Stansted & Luton as yet?

TT90

I think some of the NX E200's moved over to Rotala when they took over the Hotel Hoppa contract recently. I could be wrong though.

winston

The 08 plate E200's moved with Hotel Hoopa to Rotala, however, Sipson Rd should still have 15 plate E200's on BA staff shuttle & contract work. With your sighting of a 10 plate Citaro that may have now changed.

TT90

They've got some E200's on the BBC and University of West London Contracts too. I may have been wrong with the reg sighting but it was defo a Citaro on the BA shuttle at the Premier Inn Terminal 5 ;)

winston

TT90

Thanks Winston. The silver e200's on UWL work are good too,

Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk