News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala to bid for Redditch/kidderminster first depots?

Started by hartshill busman 724210, June 30, 2012, 12:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartshill busman 724210

Seems to me a natural move for rotala as first look to offload these depots.Of the two perhaps Redditch would be of a higher priority due to their prescence in the town.Thoughts folks?

winston

Quote from: hartshill busman on June 30, 2012, 12:30:14 AM
Seems to me a natural move for rotala as first look to offload these depots.Of the two perhaps Redditch would be of a higher priority due to their prescence in the town.Thoughts folks?

I would have thought that Redditch would definately be on Rotala's radar, Kidderminster may also be of interest. Kidderminster may also be of interest to EYMS owned Whittles that already operate in the town. Or even possibly someone like Centrebus. I would have thought that both of those operations would more likely end up being sold to a smaller group, would be surprised if NX were interested, as they don't have the scale that they have looked for in the past

Discodave

Would rotala be able to cope with the matchboroughs

PM

Whats wrong with the matchboroughs? Arent they the most profitable route? Also, just thinking Johnsons are ones to watch too.

arrifirststage

It seems to me absurd that anyone would buy either Kidderminster or Redditch operations from First.
Surely if East Yorkshire simply register services over the few routes First still run in Kidderminster you would not expect First to spend time and money in an area they wanted to quit on entering a bus war.The likely thing would be to pull out quick and cut their losses.
In Redditch,simply substitute Rotala or Stagecoach.
I cannot imagine that First's assets in these smaller places (including Northampton) can be worth much more than the value of any properties they may own.

PM

I agree and the buses in these places are on the whole pretty rubbish and I think that Whittle/Johnsons/Rotala/Stagecoach could if they wanted just run First out of business in the areas it doesnt like without having to buy anything!!

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on July 01, 2012, 01:53:10 PM
I agree and the buses in these places are on the whole pretty rubbish and I think that Whittle/Johnsons/Rotala/Stagecoach could if they wanted just run First out of business in the areas it doesnt like without having to buy anything!!

The only worry with someone like Whittles doing that is they registered all First's routes, First might do a 'fire sale' of the depot & buses to someone who is interested and who fights back against the routes Whittles already runs, but I agree, First are just about to become the aggressor in Ipswich, and I also don't think they themselves would put up too much fight in Kidderminster

Justin Tyme

Whittles is quite a small operation and EYMS is quite a small group.  Registering all First's routes in Kidderminster would be a big gamble for Whittles.  First still seem to have the upper hand on the Kidderminster - Bewdley and, certainly, the Kidderminster - Stourport corridors.

D10

Whittles are revising their services on the Kidderminster - Bewdley corridor from the 22nd July, so it will be interesting to see what they have planned as First are now down to 3 buses per hour now (Service 2 every half hour and service 292 every hour).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk