News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

For Sale

Started by Tony, June 29, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Winston on February 06, 2013, 04:56:47 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on February 06, 2013, 04:48:24 PM

I very much doubt Rotala could afford First's Bristol operation, I also very much doubt it is being considered for sale either

If Rotala give them a good offer, they're going to be quite likely to sell it because everything seems to be going very slowly towards the 100 million total.

I thought Rotala were in big debt though they did scrape together £1.5 million for First Redditch and Kiddiminster.

Rotala do not have the funds to make a good offer, Rotala are already in debt up to their eyeballs....
[/quote]

winston

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on February 06, 2013, 05:02:55 PM

I very much doubt Rotala could afford First's Bristol operation, I also very much doubt it is being considered for sale either

If Rotala give them a good offer, they're going to be quite likely to sell it because everything seems to be going very slowly towards the 100 million total.

I thought Rotala were in big debt though they did scrape together £1.5 million for First Redditch and Kiddiminster.

Rotala do not have the funds to make a good offer, Rotala are already in debt up to their eyeballs....

Rotala have taken on further debt via a new £11 million banking facility with RBS. Of which to date they have spent £1.8 million buying Avonmouth Depot for Wessex & £1.5 Million buying Redditch & Kidderminster off First Group, leaving £7.7 Million remaining. The combined new Redditch & Kidderminster Diamond operations could do with some new fleet investment, so further may come out of the remaining pot yet.

tank90

Quote from: Winston on February 06, 2013, 05:28:28 PM

Rotala have taken on further debt via a new £11 million banking facility with RBS. Of which to date they have spent £1.8 million buying Avonmouth Depot for Wessex & £1.5 Million buying Redditch & Kidderminster off First Group, leaving £7.7 Million remaining. The combined new Redditch & Kidderminster Diamond operations could do with some new fleet investment, so further may come out of the remaining pot yet.

I would agree with that. If they are successfull then they need to buy now because the people of Redditch have come a custom to the Enviro 300's and it will be a shock when aload of Darts appear. Kiddy isnt as bad as they are used to Darts.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Cedric

Quote from: tank90 on February 06, 2013, 05:40:55 PM

I would agree with that. If they are successfull then they need to buy now because the people of Redditch have come a custom to the Enviro 300's and it will be a shock when aload of Darts appear. Kiddy isnt as bad as they are used to Darts.
there are 3 enviros bold to diamond , ,  then they could be based at Kidderminster for X3/3 use.
diamond 8\10/125/292

D10

The X3 certainly needs the capacity of Enviros at times rather than Darts. This route seems to be getting more and more successful, one of the rare success stories of First in this area in my opinion, so it would be a shame to make the route suffer by cramming passengers into Darts.

Cedric

Quote from: tank90 on February 06, 2013, 05:40:55 PM

as someone from Kidderminster   we may be use to dart but  would be nice to   have something different and newer
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: D10 on February 06, 2013, 09:07:01 PM
The X3 certainly needs the capacity of Enviros at times rather than Darts. This route seems to be getting more and more successful, one of the rare success stories of First in this area in my opinion, so it would be a shame to make the route suffer by cramming passengers into Darts.
never seen a x 3 at the Kidderminster with a load that a 35 seater  dart can handle, the 303  is  a route that could use  something  bigger than a dart
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: bowler on February 06, 2013, 10:33:50 PM
Quote from: D10 on February 06, 2013, 09:07:01 PM
never seen a x 3 at the Kidderminster with a load that a 35 seater  dart can handle, the 303  is  a route that could use  something  bigger than a dart
this  is how first line should read typing error

never seen a x 3 at the Kidderminster with a load that a 35 seater  dart  can not handlet
diamond 8\10/125/292

Kevin

Quote from: bowler on February 06, 2013, 11:30:31 PM

never seen a x 3 at the Kidderminster with a load that a 35 seater  dart  can not handlet

if I'm honest I think it's the other end of the route which is busier, everytime I've seen it at Bromsgrove heading to redditch it's a full load (although I dont go to Bromsgrove that often now)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Cedric

ex Worcester  park  & and ride  y reg dart      42353  was operating in Kidderminster today on locals  seen one for just over a week today was first time  I  could id it, seams strange   with sale, do diamond own the Kidderminster and Redditch  depots and vehicles yet?
diamond 8\10/125/292

jc

I would assume with it being a Hereford bus it was at Kidderminster for MOT while Kidderminster and Redditch are still owned by First they may as well take advantage of it! The Dart would be used if service if required, thats always been the way it happens.

Cedric

wondered if first where moving the 54 reg darts from Kidderminster and replacing them with older ones
diamond 8\10/125/292

Tony

Quote from: bowler on February 11, 2013, 07:45:33 PM
wondered if first where moving the 54 reg darts from Kidderminster and replacing them with older ones

Rotala tell me the vehicles involved in the sales are fixed to what is listed on the Diamond fleetlist page on the main site

Cedric

do you know if  which colour diamond it will operating the ex first services red, blue,  or black
diamond 8\10/125/292

Discodave

Quote from: bowler on February 12, 2013, 11:34:00 AM
do you know if  which colour diamond it will operating the ex first services red, blue,  or black

If the West Midlands is anything to go by any even when it supposed to be either black or blue diamond.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk