News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

For Sale

Started by Tony, June 29, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Church Road was sold by First to King Struge (cant remember the spelling but hey ho) then Petes Leased it off KS, then Peoples express, then Go-Ahead and now Rotala. So if this goes ahead Church Road will be dumped which will leave the door open for another company.
Now as far as I know and remember from some paper work I read in 2003, at least 1 Alx 400 has to go to Redditch and 4 E300s in the number range 67631-45 tho I could be more depending on how much Redditch Borough Council (this holds more weight than the next one) and Worcestershire County Council put in to the Partnership. 67600 is not included as are 67601-04 as they are funded by Herefordshire County Council so will transfer back to Hereford or Worcester. 67600 could be one of the 36 as its not a standard length which is why Redditch has it Worcester used it and passed it back. As for the rest of the E300's it depends on whether Hereford can use them, unless the 54 and 05 plate Darts are headed to Hereford to replace some Darts there (I say that as i saw a E300 on the 31A today in Worcester) Hereford may struggle to use the E300's.
Now looking at Reddibus.com I have looked into what Darts First may want to shift off, and i got at least 22 of them ranging from N(E)/P/R/Y then add in the 5 54 plate buses I think have to go with the 36 and any Lances and DDs that could make the 36 easy.

So I reckon,
2 City
1 Olyp
1 Alx 400
4 Alx E300
22 Darts (max)
then Stepped Lances to make it up to 36.

The olny reason I can see First Turning down NXs offer is because NX wanted all 5 Alx 400's as well as 10 Presidents and then most of Redditchs E300s and then some Darts. This would leave First with alot of junk to shift. Or invest  :o.

As for Rotala/Diamond Removing First from Redditch by other means this could be difficult as FMR has a presence where it matters County Hall so this was the only way they were ever going to get more services in Redditch unless FMR didnt bid.

makes for good reading, well the names at the bottom do,
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

Theres enough newer darts to replace any first series darts (n/p/r) reg ones and lances using the V and W reg ones that were withdrawn when blue diamond stopped the 37 service which are all parked up not being used at the moment.

winston

Quote from: tank90 on January 27, 2013, 12:42:38 AM

The olny reason I can see First Turning down NXs offer is because NX wanted all 5 Alx 400's as well as 10 Presidents and then most of Redditchs E300s and then some Darts. This would leave First with alot of junk to shift. Or invest  :o.

Tank 90,

But if you remember, at the time of the rumour surrounding an agreed deal with NX, the First Essex Tridents were being brought up to Redditch to replace the remaining step entrance Lances etc. I think the deal falling through may have been more to do with the timing/loss of the WCML that threw everything up in the air, if the buses included in a deal were the main stumbling block, NX could have easily draughted in buses from its massive reserve fleet whilst new buses were ordered or secondhand buses sourced.

For £1.5 million should have brought KR & RH to keep the pressure on Rotala & prevent Arriva / any other setting up close to Birmingham.

richie

Quote from: Winston on January 27, 2013, 11:57:16 AM

Tank 90,

But if you remember, at the time of the rumour surrounding an agreed deal with NX, the First Essex Tridents were being brought up to Redditch to replace the remaining step entrance Lances etc. I think the deal falling through may have been more to do with the timing/loss of the WCML that threw everything up in the air, if the buses included in a deal were the main stumbling block, NX could have easily draughted in buses from its massive reserve fleet whilst new buses were ordered or secondhand buses sourced.

For £1.5 million should have brought KR & RH to keep the pressure on Rotala & prevent Arriva / any other setting up close to Birmingham.

It would be interesting to know why the first/NX deal didn't go ahead but as you say I doubt it was down to vehicles as the first ones are not the types NX would purchase and with the 2013 bus order there would have been enough vehicles to replace the KR and RH fleets 3 times over. Best of luck to Rotala but I doubt they will make much out of it if a multinational company can't.

winston

Quote from: richie on January 27, 2013, 01:07:37 PM

Tank 90,

It would be interesting to know why the first/NX deal didn't go ahead but as you say I doubt it was down to vehicles as the first ones are not the types NX would purchase and with the 2013 bus order there would have been enough vehicles to replace the KR and RH fleets 3 times over. Best of luck to Rotala but I doubt they will make much out of it if a multinational company can't.

I doubt we'll ever know. I expect Rotala buying the competition will improve the performance of Red Diamond no end, however there are going to be lot of staff without jobs as a result of the merger. I'd be very surprised in Rotata make anything of KR, on saying that Whittles seem to do alright there & are keen to expand there

Woudn't it be funny if NX leased Church Road depot after Diamond had vacated it, doubt it would happen though.......

Ash

Quote from: Winston on January 27, 2013, 01:16:01 PM
Quote from: richie on January 27, 2013, 01:07:37 PM

Tank 90,

I doubt we'll ever know. I expect Rotala buying the competition will improve the performance of Red Diamond no end, however there are going to be lot of staff without jobs as a result of the merger. I'd be very surprised in Rotata make anything of KR, on saying that Whittles seem to do alright there & are keen to expand there

Woudn't it be funny if NX leased Church Road depot after Diamond had vacated it, doubt it would happen though.......

May be a long shot but some services such as the 202 could be transferred to be worked out of one of the acquired red diamond garages to give the drivers extra work.

winston

Quote from: Ash on January 27, 2013, 06:44:55 PM

May be a long shot but some services such as the 202 could be transferred to be worked out of one of the acquired red diamond garages to give the drivers extra work.

But that then takes work off Black Diamond, what about the drivers at Tividale who drive the 202 route?

tank90

Just had a wee thought do Diamond know what they have let them selves in for Buying Redditch, by that I mean adding Safety screens to all the fleet that will be based at Redditch and Kidder so adding it to every bus in the fleet so the Union doesnt kick up a fuss when a vechical is moved to cover.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on January 27, 2013, 07:34:40 PM
Just had a wee thought do Diamond know what they have let them selves in for Buying Redditch, by that I mean adding Safety screens to all the fleet that will be based at Redditch and Kidder so adding it to every bus in the fleet so the Union doesnt kick up a fuss when a vechical is moved to cover.

You would hope they know what they are buying in to, but who knows......

Cedric

Quote from: tank90 on January 27, 2013, 07:34:40 PM
think  that is a first thing rather than a union  one,
diamond 8\10/125/292

jc

It was company policy that any driver driving a bus without an assault screen after a certain time could refuse to drive the bus, however i assume they will sign new contracts at Diamond meaning this rule could be phased out.

Evening buses would no doubt be put into the hands of the buses that were First Group based so even if this rule stayed they could obey it!

PM

Quote from: jc on January 27, 2013, 08:08:51 PM
It was company policy that any driver driving a bus without an assault screen after a certain time could refuse to drive the bus, however i assume they will sign new contracts at Diamond meaning this rule could be phased out.

Evening buses would no doubt be put into the hands of the buses that were First Group based so even if this rule stayed they could obey it!

In other words the rubbish buses as opposed to diamond's eclipses.

tank90

thats about the measure of it Pete

Dan

richie

I know it's not really related to this topic but I can't believe a company like Rotala don't have assult screens as standerd

PM

Quote from: richie on January 27, 2013, 08:18:59 PM
I know it's not really related to this topic but I can't believe a company like Rotala don't have assult screens as standerd

Does seem surprising doesnt it especially in a place like Birmingham on routes which do go through some challenging areas. Having said that, diamond buses dont seem to attract the same amount of dross as NXWM ones as your average WM chav has just a travelcard not a diamond pass. Also, diamond dont tend to run services later in the evening/night as NXWM although having said that pete's did and diamond do still have some contracts for routes which go on into the night. I guess diamond take the risk and tbf it does make for better customer service-something which diamond are oftern praised for

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk