News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Photo Editing

Started by Badger, June 29, 2012, 09:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D10

Quote from: Michael on July 02, 2012, 09:38:19 PM
Quote from: NathanJC on July 02, 2012, 05:03:17 PM
That looks amazing, shame NXWM dont have more metrobuses, it be nice to see them in that livery operating into Birmingham  8)

good job

It doesn't matter how many Metrobuses they own. None would be repainted regardless. They once operated over 1000 Metrobuses don't forget. 2001-3124 I believe, so 1124 Metrobuses!

I reckon they operated 1130 in total as there was also 6831-5 and 7006/7, while I think 3107 never operated for WMT as it was sold to Optare for development work.

Are you sure bout 3107? does anyone know if it did enter service?
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

John

No it didn't enter service. It was painted in WMT livery as the others, but rejected I think because Optare had dismantled and rebuilt it for developing the Spectra.

Gareth

And of course 2662 was withdrawn for scrap in 1986 following RTA damage, so all 1130 Metrobuses were never in use at the same time. Im not sure what the maximum fleet strength of Metrobuses was. Did anymore go before the last ones were delivered? Didn't Stevensons take a few early on. 1989/90ish?

Quote from: John-s-91 on July 02, 2012, 10:17:49 PM
No it didn't enter service. It was painted in WMT livery as the others, but rejected I think because Optare had dismantled and rebuilt it for developing the Spectra.
Cheers, the reason I ask is that I have it down as 'seen' though obviously many years ago would this be possible? or an error in my file  :-\ ? The only one I did not see according to my records was 3056  ???

Tony

Quote from: 4006 on July 03, 2012, 08:33:28 PM
Quote from: John-s-91 on July 02, 2012, 10:17:49 PM
Cheers, the reason I ask is that I have it down as 'seen' though obviously many years ago would this be possible? or an error in my file  :-\ ? The only one I did not see according to my records was 3056  ???

3107 was delivered to Miller Street along with all of 3098 to 3124 and stored there for a few months over legal wrangles. All of the others eventually entered service, but by the time they did Optare had bought the rights to all of MCWs designs and wanted a Metrobus to work on a new design. 3107 was deemed to be the worst of the batch and was rejected by TWM so Optare took it for development work in 1/90.

After Optare had finished with it they sold it (1/92) to Capital Citibus in London who put it to work on LT routes. Capital Citibus was acquired by First Group and they transferred it to First Manchester in 1/02 and allocated it to Oldham (fleetnumber 5481, then 30381).

In 6/05 it rejoined a large batch of WMPTE metrobuses when First donated it to the Tsunami appeal, along with several TWM also donated. It has been unreported since

Cheers Tony so possibly I could have seen it at Miller Street but apart from that unlikely?

Gareth

For those interested, on the Facebook MCW Metrobus group page there are some photos of 3107 in service in Sri Lanka. 4 photos in total, visible in the photos menu at the top of the page.

Externally, she is a complete mess, but internally she still seems quite smart (ish)! Complete with red carpets and a mix of Ensign, First and even WMT moquette.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk