News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Kev's Cars & Coaches

Started by Adam 404, January 09, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMCL

Quote from: Tony on September 14, 2022, 07:28:56 PMWith help from Igogeneral I have updated the Kev's fleet on the main site

details are here

fleetlist (wmbusphotos.com)
Thanks so much for the revised Kev's fleet list. I was particularly pleased to see the inclusion of the two very rare Tata Hispano Intea coaches PO12 EOK and PO62 HNH - photo of PO62 HNH attached.
In May I saw a Bova Futura coach SF09 JWE operating one of Kev's school services in Redditch. I notice this vehicle hasn't been included in the revised fleet list and I wonder if it was just on loan temporarily from BASE. Has anyone else seen this vehicle?You cannot view this attachment.

B61 ANDREW

Not seen it myself , but now that school runs are back up and running it may appear .  Busview have i as a 70 seater so ideal for schools.

igogeneral

Quote from: DMCL on September 16, 2022, 07:00:45 AMThanks so much for the revised Kev's fleet list. I was particularly pleased to see the inclusion of the two very rare Tata Hispano Intea coaches PO12 EOK and PO62 HNH - photo of PO62 HNH attached.
In May I saw a Bova Futura coach SF09 JWE operating one of Kev's school services in Redditch. I notice this vehicle hasn't been included in the revised fleet list and I wonder if it was just on loan temporarily from BASE. Has anyone else seen this vehicle?You cannot view this attachment.
This vehicle was indeed on temporary hire from BASE, now been returned. Filled a gap but certainly not a good vehicle to operate

DMCL

Quote from: igogeneral on October 03, 2022, 03:58:53 PMThis vehicle was indeed on temporary hire from BASE, now been returned. Filled a gap but certainly not a good vehicle to operate
Might I ask why Bova Futura coach SF09 JWE was "not a good vehicle to operate"?

igogeneral

Quote from: DMCL on October 04, 2022, 04:54:57 PMMight I ask why Bova Futura coach SF09 JWE was "not a good vehicle to operate"?
mechanically poor and not nice to drive

igogeneral

TfWM has awarded a new tender to KEVS for the operation of the 10, 10S, 38 and 42 services for a period of 5 years from 1 January 2023 which is good news for all users of these services which it was feared would be discontinued. 10S, 38 and 42 will be combined to form an hourly service from Longbridge to Quinton Tesco. New vehicles are on order specifically for this route and they are due either April or May next year

Rachvince53

Kevs are taking over the Stourbridge circulars  10A/C 

fleetline6477

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 14, 2022, 10:11:48 AMKevs are taking over the Stourbridge circulars  10A/C
Interesting, there is no mention of changes or withdrawals of 10 A/C on Diamond's service changes.

winston

Quote from: fleetline6477 on December 14, 2022, 08:41:00 PMInteresting, there is no mention of changes or withdrawals of 10 A/C on Diamond's service changes.
There won't be, as NXWM currently operate the 10A /10C

igogeneral

Quote from: winston on December 14, 2022, 08:43:37 PMThere won't be, as NXWM currently operate the 10A /10C

Kev's will be operating the 88, the old 288, using the Town Centre route

fleetline6477

Quote from: winston on December 14, 2022, 08:43:37 PMThere won't be, as NXWM currently operate the 10A /10C

Of course they do, sorry my mistake

samuel derrington

Anybody know why the kevs buses are not tracking today please 

igogeneral

All vehicles are tracking on Ticketer so not sure why you cannot see them

Rachvince53

Quote from: igogeneral on January 06, 2023, 02:44:27 PMAll vehicles are tracking on Ticketer so not sure why you cannot see them
Not tracking on TfWM or bustimes.org.   Server issue?

Stu

Quote from: igogeneral on January 06, 2023, 02:44:27 PMAll vehicles are tracking on Ticketer so not sure why you cannot see them
Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 06, 2023, 03:31:40 PMNot tracking on TfWM or bustimes.org.  Server issue?
It'll be an issue with the BODS feed, it currently has a status of 'no vehicle activity'
https://data.bus-data.dft.gov.uk/avl/dataset/3640/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk