News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Kev's Cars & Coaches

Started by Adam 404, January 09, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igogeneral

Four Green Bus vehicles out today on 19 and 39. Had to modify timetables and route due to the size of the vehicles but other than a couple of hic ups all gone well so far. 120 on the 38 service and has returned without any tree branches. Once again big big thanks to Ian and his staff and also Tony for getting all this done. All Worcester services out today using a coach, a mini bus and a solo, should have been a good day for spotters !!! Same service tomorrow but we are off to pick up 6 ex London E200 so if they come ready for service the end of the week will look much better. Finally keep a look out for perhaps three unexpected introductions into the fleet early next week ????

V102MOA

Quote from: igogeneral on March 15, 2022, 04:22:58 PM
Four Green Bus vehicles out today on 19 and 39. Had to modify timetables and route due to the size of the vehicles but other than a couple of hic ups all gone well so far. 120 on the 38 service and has returned without any tree branches. Once again big big thanks to Ian and his staff and also Tony for getting all this done. All Worcester services out today using a coach, a mini bus and a solo, should have been a good day for spotters !!! Same service tomorrow but we are off to pick up 6 ex London E200 so if they come ready for service the end of the week will look much better. Finally keep a look out for perhaps three unexpected introductions into the fleet early next week ????

I'm pretty sure we pruned all the tree branches on the 38 in 2019 with the open topper!

ARBB

Quote from: igogeneral on March 15, 2022, 04:22:58 PM

I'll try and pop over at some point this week to program the blinds for you.

igogeneral

Three new E200 arriving Friday, hopefully. Thanks the magnificent support of Mistral
Perhaps we will rise from the ashes quicker than we thought

igogeneral

Due to the burnt out vehicles not yet being removed we are short of space. Anyone know of some spare secure space in the South Birmingham area we could have for a week ?

Tony

Quote from: igogeneral on March 16, 2022, 04:47:50 PM
Three new E200 arriving Friday, hopefully. Thanks the magnificent support of Mistral
Perhaps we will rise from the ashes quicker than we thought

Possibly the ones I saw at Plaxtons, Anston last week with '71' plates on but not registered as such being prepared for Mistral

Wumpty

Quote from: igogeneral on March 16, 2022, 04:56:03 PM
Due to the burnt out vehicles not yet being removed we are short of space. Anyone know of some spare secure space in the South Birmingham area we could have for a week ?

Morning @igogeneral - firstly, may I congratulate you and the team for overcoming the horrendous events of the last week and for demonstrating huge resolve in scrambling resources to run services. Truly remarkable!

Secondly, which areas are you looking at and for how many/types of vehicles?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Michael Bevan

Seen so far today...

1754, 1763 and 1769 on the 19.
1755 and 1760 on 39 (1760 having done the 39S earlier).
120 on the 38.

igogeneral

Quote from: Wumpty on March 17, 2022, 07:55:02 AM
Morning @igogeneral - firstly, may I congratulate you and the team for overcoming the horrendous events of the last week and for demonstrating huge resolve in scrambling resources to run services. Truly remarkable!

Secondly, which areas are you looking at and for how many/types of vehicles?
We need to store about 6 coaches at the moment on a fairly secure site but needs to be local to B610QB in order that drivers can easily access them during the day. The vehicles could stay our with the drivers during the day. Our new vehicles should arrive now on Monday and we hope for a full service out there by Wednesday at the latest. We have worked hard to achieve this but if not for people gathering around and supporting us in so many ways then nothing would have been possible. This is a truly wonderful industry to be part of

igogeneral

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 17, 2022, 10:07:30 AM
Seen so far today...

1754, 1763 and 1769 on the 19.
1755 and 1760 on 39 (1760 having done the 39S earlier).
120 on the 38.
At the moment all 39 running hourly as 39S as these big vehicles unable to navigate the Roundabout

Michael Bevan

Quote from: igogeneral on March 17, 2022, 04:35:06 PM
We need to store about 6 coaches at the moment on a fairly secure site but needs to be local to B610QB in order that drivers can easily access them during the day. The vehicles could stay our with the drivers during the day. Our new vehicles should arrive now on Monday and we hope for a full service out there by Wednesday at the latest. We have worked hard to achieve this but if not for people gathering around and supporting us in so many ways then nothing would have been possible. This is a truly wonderful industry to be part of

I've dropped you a message with a couple of places I know of @igogeneral.

One thing I do want to say though is how nice and friendly your drivers were today with passengers! They were lovely, down to earth and always up for a conversation. They also kept praising the management for the decision they've made during this crisis, and I could see they genuinely love working for Kevs. Hopefully you'll be back on your feet soon, and it's good to hear that you're expected to recover a full service so quickly after the incident! Everyone who has helped make this possible for Kevs really should be proud of how they've dealt with such a horrible situation. It's truly remarkable to see the industry supporting one another!

B61 ANDREW

The surviving bus - Solo YJ62FYZ - seen on the 318 earlier this morning and if Bustimes is correct it was also on the service this afternoon. Can anyone say what has been working the 147 today.  I have seen a grey/red Mercs minibus out and about but not sure if this is covering the 147.     Following on from the previous post , I also have the utmost praise for the "customer service" Kevs drivers provide , to my mind , having regular drivers on a route is a big plus , I know it is not always possible but passengers appreciate it - well done. 

igogeneral

147 operated by a loan Mercedes from WCC but sad to say not the most reliable vehicle as the doors keep failing. However our driver Mark is doing his best to keep the service going when it would be easier just to park up. That is why we are so proud of our staff, they have been remarkable.

Westy

Is there any pics of the 'borrowed ' buses in action?

Trident 4194

Is the 38 running today? And from where in selly oak do you catch it from?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk