News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aSingh

Quote from: Sh4318 on January 06, 2020, 06:52:17 PM
The 89 doesn't need to serve the loop - though it would be useful.

Will there be enough platinums to cover the 82/87? Presumably the PVR will increase

OM has put a notice on drivers app mentioning that the "Service 82/87 will be having an extension in the form of a City Loop (Markets) from 26/01/20".

Next 2 Sundays drivers will have to report to West brom bus station  for route learning.

So... The 82/87 are going round to the markets???
Singh

karl724223

Quote from: aSingh on January 06, 2020, 07:47:21 PM
OM has put a notice on drivers app mentioning that the "Service 82/87 will be having an extension in the form of a City Loop (Markets) from 26/01/20".

Next 2 Sundays drivers will have to report to West brom bus station  for route learning.

so as to stop rumours why don't you ask your OM or your AOM or your road rep  or your DTO who will probably be doing the training

Stu

Quote from: karl724223 on January 06, 2020, 08:27:22 PM
so as to stop rumours why don't you ask your OM or your AOM or your road rep  or your DTO who will probably be doing the training

According to NX Bus website:
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/metro-extension-broad-street-paradise-circus-closures

QuoteThe below services will no longer be diverted from the 26th January but will be following a different route.

82 - Birmingham - Bearwood
    87 - Birmingham - Dudley

The route will be as follows -

Summer Hill Road, Paradise Circus Queensway, Suffolk Street Queensway, Smallbrook Queensway, Moor Street Queensway, Priory Street Queensway, Old Square, Colmore Circus Queensway and Colmore Row.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: OH25 on January 06, 2020, 08:56:05 PM

the website also mentions the 13B and the 46 too

Have to say I find bits of the NX website confusing for one page says

"Services will no longer be diverted due to the extension of the West Midlands Metro in Birmingham city centre." and it lists all the Broad Street services, yet another page  says

"There will be changes to bus services travelling into Birmingham city centre and along Broad Street between Monday 2 September and Spring 2020 as essential work to extend the Birmingham West Midlands Metro to Edgbaston continues." ???
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

fleetline6477

It looks like a minor route change in the City centre back to how it used to be some years ago. How minor a route change does there need to be for drivers to need route training, there must be a significant number of drivers on the Oldbury rota who need route training?

What about drivers on other rotas, do they need route training before they could work a duty on the 82 / 87?

aSingh

Was the service (82/87) reliable when it originally was on the city loop?

Currently it's not too bad from my experience when driving on its current diverted route. Only bit of bad traffic it gets affected by is on the usual Dudley Road.
Singh

Zander

Depends, I remember it took me an hour to get in and out of town doing the loop, Suffolk Street Queensway was just like a car park at times

Busboy105

Quote from: Zander on January 07, 2020, 06:42:25 AM
Depends, I remember it took me an hour to get in and out of town doing the loop, Suffolk Street Queensway was just like a car park at times
Well it can always do the old 126 route into the markets to escape the traffic.

CL

Quote from: Busboy105 on January 07, 2020, 12:38:50 PM
Well it can always do the old 126 route into the markets to escape the traffic.
Wouldn't be able to access Brunel Street as it's been closed off; additionally, the flow of traffic has been reversed to run in the opposite direction (up the hill, rather than down)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Busboy105

Quote from: CL on January 07, 2020, 12:50:08 PM
Wouldn't be able to access Brunel Street as it's been closed off; additionally, the flow of traffic has been reversed to run in the opposite direction (up the hill, rather than down)
Oh ok, didn't know about that.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

OH25

Quote from: 2206 on January 10, 2020, 03:32:21 PM
Noticed the page has been updated.
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/82-87-route-change-from-26th-january-2020-2020-01-10
And all the incorrect information has been removed.

"Services 87 & 87 will still serve Colmore Row."
:)

I love the fact it says new one way loop. Have they forgot it used to do a loop of city before the metro works.

Jack

Do the Crimson E200's actually have an allocated route anymore? The 40 is E200MMC now and the 47 is now mainly always Deckers?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk