News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: Jack6101 on November 04, 2019, 12:59:15 PM
His on about the bus stops on corporation st

The Figure of Eight isn't on Corporation St.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack6101

Yes I know that but you can tell from what he has said what stops he is on about
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 04, 2019, 01:37:06 PM
The 23/24 will probably go back to serving Colmore Row only after December. Don't think NX are going to be that stupid to allow all those routes to serve Corporation Street; it's going to be a nightmare for buses to get out especially at peak times.
When I see it the stop outside New Street Station, it seems to be well used. Can see there being some people not being pleased with that, if that's the case and the 23/24 return to terminating at Colmore Row.
There's no room for any more services on the Corporation Street stop.

If they did return to looping the City Centre, they'd probably use Moor Street Queensway and Priory Queensway, i'd have thought rather than using the 23/24 stop.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: 2206 on November 04, 2019, 05:02:44 PM
When I see it the stop in the City Centre the stop outside New Street Station, it seems to be well used. Can see there being some people not being pleased with that, if that's the case and the 23/24 return to terminating at Colmore Row.
There's no room for any more services on the Corporation Street stop.

If they did return to looping the City Centre, they'd probably use Moor Street Queensway and Priory Queensway, i'd have thought rather than using the 23/24 stop.
What about the stops on Albert Street? If NX are keeping the 23/24 route as it is and the 82/87 go back to their city centre loop could the 23/24 stop at Albert Street instead?

John

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 04, 2019, 05:39:00 PM
What about the stops on Albert Street? If NX are keeping the 23/24 route as it is and the 82/87 go back to their city centre loop could the 23/24 stop at Albert Street instead?

That would cause chaos with the parked cars on the other side of the road and our Sutton buses trying to get up Albert Street. It would get gridlocked with cars and buses stuck behind the 23/24 trying to get round, backing up onto Dale End and then blocking the road for traffic travelling up Albert Street

Busboy105

Quote from: John on November 04, 2019, 05:52:08 PM
That would cause chaos with the parked cars on the other side of the road and our Sutton buses trying to get up Albert Street. It would get gridlocked with cars and buses stuck behind the 23/24 trying to get round, backing up onto Dale End and then blocking the road for traffic travelling up Albert Street
What if the 23/24 was curtailed to the old MegaBus terminus at Colmore Street Queensway? I believe they used to stop there and there is no issue with parked cars over there.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 04, 2019, 06:32:18 PM
What if the 23/24 was curtailed to the old MegaBus terminus at Colmore Street Queensway? I believe they used to stop there and there is no issue with parked cars over there.

Sure fire way to lose passengers. Drop them off at at stop with no cross city connections and a 1/2mile walk to Priory Queensway!

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 04, 2019, 12:44:36 PM
The Sutton services don't use Broad St anyway?

2900 means the Square Peg, not the Figure of Eight - getting the Wetherspoons mixed up. Easily done.

Quote from: Mike K on November 05, 2019, 08:32:06 AM
2900 means the Square Peg, not the Figure of Eight - getting the Wetherspoons mixed up. Easily done.
Thanks for clearing the name of the wetherspoons pub name , so many pubs.

Some times people say to me on the bus The George Oldbury mate I say yeah , then it dawns on me there 3 George's in Oldbury
George Oldbury Warley 13/13A , Birmingham rd Oldbury 13 87, Dudley rd / Albion rd 87

Trident 4194

Omnilinks on the 48 are not the most comfortable of buses for the route. Had one three times this week, and every time there has been standing. Furthermore a lot of elderly travel on the route between QE and bearwood anyway, and it seems more a safety hazard than anything for them

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 08, 2019, 07:32:23 PM
Omnilinks on the 48 are not the most comfortable of buses for the route. Had one three times this week, and every time there has been standing. Furthermore a lot of elderly travel on the route between QE and bearwood anyway, and it seems more a safety hazard than anything for them

So a bus with more seats downstairs is unsafe for the elderly. You do post some complete rubbish

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 08, 2019, 08:14:03 PM
So a bus with more seats downstairs is unsafe for the elderly. You do post some complete rubbish

Not really it's not like the most mobile can go upstairs like myself is it now?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 08, 2019, 08:34:18 PM
Not really it's not like the most mobile can go upstairs like myself is it now?

No, but you can give up your seats for the elderly like used to be standard practise

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 08, 2019, 08:37:20 PM
No, but you can give up your seats for the elderly like used to be standard practise

Yeah but when 75% of the bus is OAP then how can they give up their seats.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 08, 2019, 08:45:54 PM
Yeah but when 75% of the bus is OAP then how can they give up their seats.

75% is OAP, so are you saying there were over 70 people on the scania? 49 seats + 25%?
As you post so much which is not true most of us don't actually believe anything.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk