News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Jack6101 on April 08, 2019, 08:29:35 AM
Then that would cause overcrowding ?

Well, perhaps if the little darlings behaved themselves, then you could have the double deckers on instead!

Sh4318

Quote from: 2206 on April 08, 2019, 12:00:07 AM
You could also say the same for the Washwood Heath Road corridor, but there's no sign of this corridor being upgraded. Every 4 minutes, so equally one of the most frequent corridors in the West Midlands and a very busy corridor using buses that are up to 16 years old.

That's irrelevant, the Dudley Road has up to 12 buses an hour, so I'd worthy of an upgrade, in my opinion

I wasn't talking about the Washwood Heath corridor - that's been talked about to death
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

Quote from: Sh4318 on April 08, 2019, 06:21:52 PM
That's irrelevant, the Dudley Road has up to 12 buses an hour, so I'd worthy of an upgrade, in my opinion

I wasn't talking about the Washwood Heath corridor - that's been talked about to death
No it isn't, there's corridors using older buses than the current Dudley Road buses, 97 at every 4 mins using 16 year old Tridents. The 79 competing against the metro, tell me when that last had an upgrade? Oh yes the buses that currently operate it was the last time they decided to upgrade it. But unless you live on NX's 'favourite' routes they aren't interested...
It's a shame the X21 won't be getting any Platinums, not like the 69** are even used on the X70 anyway...

Jack6101

But the 97 tridents are all at Euro 6 standers and the 47** are only euro 4 atm
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Jack

Quote from: Jack6101 on April 08, 2019, 07:28:03 PM
But the 97 tridents are all at Euro 6 standers and the 47** are only euro 4 atm
That's irrelevant, nothing to do with the Euro standards here, it's to do with the age of vehicles on key routes and corridors.

Jack6101

Quote from: Jack on April 08, 2019, 07:29:18 PM
That's irrelevant, nothing to do with the Euro standards here, it's to do with the age of vehicles on key routes and corridors.
So do you work NXWM ? , you don't no if this was one of the reasons why ?
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Tony

Yes the decision has been based on which routes management think they will bring in the most extra money

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on April 08, 2019, 07:17:56 PM
No it isn't, there's corridors using older buses than the current Dudley Road buses, 97 at every 4 mins using 16 year old Tridents. The 79 competing against the metro, tell me when that last had an upgrade? Oh yes the buses that currently operate it was the last time they decided to upgrade it. But unless you live on NX's 'favourite' routes they aren't interested...
It's a shame the X21 won't be getting any Platinums, not like the 69** are even used on the X70 anyway...

The 97 doesn't need an upgrade. The 94 doesn't need an upgrade. If anything I would have platinums bought in for the 61/63 and use the hybrids on the 97.

John

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 08, 2019, 08:01:31 PM
The 97 doesn't need an upgrade. The 94 doesn't need an upgrade. If anything I would have platinums bought in for the 61/63 and use the hybrids on the 97.

Like the Bristol Road, there are not enough Hybrids to completely convert the 97. I still think they should be put onto the 60 there there would be more than enough to cover all boards

Tony

Quote from: John on April 08, 2019, 08:10:05 PM
Like the Bristol Road, there are not enough Hybrids to completely convert the 97. I still think they should be put onto the 60 there there would be more than enough to cover all boards

too many for that

MasterPlan

The Hybrids probably would've been perfect for the 45/47. Though, let's not forget originally it was just the 63 when the Hybrids went onto the Bristol Road.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on April 08, 2019, 07:17:56 PM

I don't know if you're unaware of this, but 'new buses' don't grow on trees, they cost money. And they're not cheap either.

As a businessman myself, I can tell you that if you're going to shell out a lot of money - or 'invest' - it is preferable to try and recoup most of those costs involved as soon as possible. So naturally you would invest in something that would start to pay itself back quickly.

I think its applaudable that NX is keen to reinvest the profits that it does make into purchasing new vehicles to 'enhance' certain routes that it sees fit to do so. There simply isn't enough money to just go and buy 1500 odd new vehicles every couple of years. Some routes will lose out, but even so, the 'cascade' effect of using slightly older vehicles to 'upgrade' perhaps 'less-worthy' routes does have its benefits. Don't forget up until recently the 11A/C was still using the same Geminis purchased when it was 'last upgraded' back in 2004. But it has made a massive difference having the ex-YW and PN E400s transferred in, just as good as having 'new buses'.

Quote from: Tony on April 08, 2019, 07:46:17 PM
Yes the decision has been based on which routes management think they will bring in the most extra money

I agree completely. It's nothing to do with 'favourite routes' but those that will return the investment made quickest.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

I know 'money doesn't grow on tree's' but what's annoying is the same routes that constantly keep getting upgrades yet other routes have to deal with the slack. Yes the 11 has been upgraded, which it did need, but did the 50 actually need an upgrade? You could of sent the current batch of Platinums to AG for the 11 and leave the 50 with its fairly new E400MMC's.
These E400's going to WN, would be nice to see them used on the 79, Crimson them and brand them would be nice.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on April 08, 2019, 08:35:23 PM
I know 'money doesn't grow on tree's' but what's annoying is the same routes that constantly keep getting upgrades yet other routes have to deal with the slack. Yes the 11 has been upgraded, which it did need, but did the 50 actually need an upgrade? You could of sent the current batch of Platinums to AG for the 11 and leave the 50 with its fairly new E400MMC's.
These E400's going to WN, would be nice to see them used on the 79, Crimson them and brand them would be nice.

The way it has been done means two routes get an upgrade and both get the benefits and extra passengers

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on April 08, 2019, 08:35:23 PM

The 50 and 9 have always been the 2 key routes having brand new buses on. The 4800's which were brand new at the time went straight onto the 50 and 9. And now they Also have the most modern vehicles on. Says a lot about how important nx deem these. Arguably the 9 has seen a decrease in frequency and a reduction in passenger numbers in recent times.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk