News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gc802002

53 and 289 are supposedly to be entirely operated by Pensnett? So assume so tweaks to accommodate this.

Ashley

Its been rather nice having WB Mercs back in Merry Hill, would be a shame if they change it

Discodave

With the land grab of the extra bit of garage would it be sensible to build a new depot out of town like said in the industrial areas just outside West Brom or with a lot of the empty industrial warehouses or unts convert them into garage facilities there has got to be something there.

winston

Quote from: Discodave on January 22, 2013, 11:01:40 AM
With the land grab of the extra bit of garage would it be sensible to build a new depot out of town like said in the industrial areas just outside West Brom or with a lot of the empty industrial warehouses or unts convert them into garage facilities there has got to be something there.

They could open a new outstation in an industrial unit near to WB, they are unlikey to relocate the entire garage as the main garage has had / is still in the process of having a complete new roof

I personally think that NXWM should open the car park site as a low cost garage with similar facilities to Bordesley, that could then be used to operate certain WB services now that the Oak Road land needs to be vacated & to also relieve capacity issues @ PB. Services operating in the Great Barr / Scott Arms / Hamstead / Erdington/ Kingstanding areas

Discodave

The way its looking people just want the garage gone as its in a residential area and noisy even though it has been there for years.  I was told Quinton went due to it being noisy and people complaining.  The garage had been there just as long as the houses maybe longer and what happened it became a tesco a lot noiser than a bus garage and more traffic congestion.

j789

It is quite residential around Yardley Wood grage but that seems to be ok. Shame Selly Oak was closed as I have always thought that garage was in the ideal spot for both a number of Brum routes and the outer circle.

Martin

There was also a gemini on the 40 also today.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

Ash

Quote from: thetruth on February 07, 2013, 02:45:16 PM
4044 and 4113 (on the 40) noted in service today, guessing 4054 is at paint?

817 spotted on the High Street this afternoon OOS, might have being going out on schools

4113 was back on the 5 this evening.

wbdriver

4054 still in tootpaste livery, as are 4113 and 4044.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Ash

Quote from: wbdriver on February 08, 2013, 08:41:54 PM

Any idea of what has been withdrawn out of WB due to the new enviro's are what buses are expected to leave/transfer. I guess 1622 and maybe 595 could be two buses that get withdrawn and may be a few alx200 darts.

wbdriver

Quote from: Ash on February 08, 2013, 08:44:41 PM

Any idea of what has been withdrawn out of WB due to the new enviro's are what buses are expected to leave/transfer. I guess 1622 and maybe 595 could be two buses that get withdrawn and may be a few alx200 darts.

only 1600 has gone so far. i'm guessing 674 will be gone soon as its the last B6 in TWM livery, possibly a few early mercs as well. but that's my opinion. nothing official yet. all darts still in service at the moment.

Tony

Quote from: wbdriver on February 08, 2013, 08:47:01 PM
Quote from: Ash on February 08, 2013, 08:44:41 PM

only 1600 has gone so far. i'm guessing 674 will be gone soon as its the last B6 in TWM livery, possibly a few early mercs as well. but that's my opinion. nothing official yet. all darts still in service at the moment.

1634 should have gone by now as well (probably at Walsall for the application of a blue front)

John

i'm guessing 674 will be gone soon as its the last B6 in TWM livery, possibly a few early mercs as

But it has completely refurbished inside, so it may hold on a bit longer.

wbdriver

Quote from: John on February 08, 2013, 08:57:55 PM
i'm guessing 674 will be gone soon as its the last B6 in TWM livery, possibly a few early mercs as

it may have been refurbed inside, but it's still a bag of nails. ;D starter motor seems to be going on it as well, you can hear a grinding noise trying to start it up.

Ash

Quote from: wbdriver on February 08, 2013, 08:59:59 PM
Quote from: John on February 08, 2013, 08:57:55 PM

it may have been refurbed inside, but it's still a bag of nails. ;D starter motor seems to be going on it as well, you can hear a grinding noise trying to start it up.

A few months ago it broke down on consecutive days couldn't get it going in West Bromwich bus station, the best b6le by far is 568 you was right WB driver (when you had it on the 5 one time) always seems to be on high revs and is definitely quick for a b6le. 7084 and 7086 have got to be 2 of the worst buses at WB not great buses for comfort and vibrate like mad. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk