News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 11, 2016, 11:05:29 AM
I assume the duties/running boards are split points to get around tacho?

If you mean the 11 route then Tacho doesn't apply as at no point is it 25 miles from home depot. I drive the 144 which is a 27-28 mile trip one way (55 mile round trip) into Brum but it is still not 25 miles from Worcester depot to Birmingham via the quickest route so this is ok without tacho. The 144 used to run to Great Malvern a number of years ago and one of the reasons this was curtailed to Worcester (and the 44 route created Worcester to Malvern) was that it would have required a Tacho to run the whole route.

Tony

The actual rule is 50km, as long as the route is less than  50km  then it can be run under domestic rules with no tachograph

Tomf1993

Quote from: Tomf1993 on February 10, 2016, 03:45:03 PM
Went on routes 74/75/126 today, never ever ever ever again. out of interest any routes longer then the WN 126?
tom you say never ever again, can you elaborate why I,m sure NX  would your most welcome your views. Oh Tom when you decide to sample the 87 in all its  techni Colour greatness , first board bus give the driver a real dirty look, drop in a pound coin then walk off with that hard man walk , that way you,ll blend right in. You get me bredrin

Michael Bevan

Quote from: 2900 on February 12, 2016, 10:30:44 AM
tom you say never ever again, can you elaborate why I,m sure NX  would your most welcome your views. Oh Tom when you decide to sample the 87 in all its  techni Colour greatness , first board bus give the driver a real dirty look, drop in a pound coin then walk off with that hard man walk , that way you,ll blend right in. You get me bredrin

Good one there mate!  :D

Although in all seriousness, I hardly ever touch the 74/75 between Birmingham and West Bromwich as I don't like venturing through Hockley and Handsworth. I always get the X51 and 5 to West Bromwich as I love doing the X51 and the 5.

Sh4318

I've been catching the 87 all of my life, and have never had a problem. Saying that, I rarely use it these days
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Dont know if this is noteworthy so ll post it here
760 on WB43
Dont usually see swb on this route only lwb E200s
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

Dom

Quote from: 900 on February 12, 2016, 12:56:52 PM
Dont know if this is noteworthy so ll post it here
760 on WB43
Dont usually see swb on this route only lwb E200s

It is.

WB

Quote from: WN on February 12, 2016, 01:07:12 PM
It is.

Not really noteworthy sorry! West brom had a small enviro on the 42/43 nearly every weekday a couple of weeks back

Dom

Quote from: WB on February 12, 2016, 01:25:26 PM
Not really noteworthy sorry! West brom had a small enviro on the 42/43 nearly every weekday a couple of weeks back

Did they?

There is also a Gemini on there today.

Quote from: Sh4318 on February 12, 2016, 11:01:13 AM
I've been catching the 87 all of my life, and have never had a problem. Saying that, I rarely use it these days
i,ve done it since 98 I,ve all ways had issues with it might be fact I spend a duty on it rather than your odd trip as passenger so a huge discrepancy in time spent  on said  route I think, at  the moment I,m the only driver who's  commenting on the bullshit that is Dudley rd , the only reason you don't hear more from other Dudley rd drivers is quite simple most can't speak English properly it's not there first language as they see it they keep quiet to keep there jobs where as I don't give a shit , I'll say it as it is basically as it goes. This is where our problem lies, As I say I longer give a shit nobody wants to back a driver, I can't speak for other garages in the system as I,ve never worked there.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: 2900 on February 12, 2016, 11:03:23 PM
i,ve done it since 98 I,ve all ways had issues with it might be fact I spend a duty on it rather than your odd trip as passenger so a huge discrepancy in time spent  on said  route I think, at  the moment I,m the only driver who's  commenting on the bullshit that is Dudley rd , the only reason you don't hear more from other Dudley rd drivers is quite simple most can't speak English properly it's not there first language as they see it they keep quiet to keep there jobs where as I don't give a shit , I'll say it as it is basically as it goes. This is where our problem lies, As I say I longer give a shit nobody wants to back a driver, I can't speak for other garages in the system as I,ve never worked there.

When I did my NHS Apprenticeship in 2014. If I had to go to City Hospital. I made a point of using the 83 back to West Bromwich or the 89 from Oldbury as I knew I'd have a quieter albeit longer ride.

If I'm ever bashing now. Even the Tividale part of the 87 has got worse the last year or so. At various points I've used the 87 between 0630 and after 2230. I can't say I'm fond of the DR, it just sums up everything wrong with the West Midlands. I'm just fond of the buses which are like toilet paper on that run but anyway.

MW

Cogs in a system bro, replaceable ones.

Michael Bevan

I've never actually done the full 82/87 routes yet. Have you ever thought about transferring onto another route or to another depot?

WB

Most routes have their village idiots! The 74/75 isnt half as bad as some of the tipton routes can be most of the time. Management wont back any drivers up and thats a big problem. West brom are short of drivers and the management think its because people are leaving for better paid jobs!!! Most drivers are leaving with a £2/£3 per hour pay cut just to get out!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk