News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Rob2832 on September 13, 2014, 07:53:42 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 13, 2014, 07:50:14 PM
Here is the new Soho Road branding
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4966.html
no nearside yet, it hadn't been applied!

Has 4966 been named Susan? :)

Yes, all of 4966-82 are to be named

Rob H

Quote from: Tony on September 13, 2014, 07:56:47 PM
Quote from: Rob2832 on September 13, 2014, 07:53:42 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 13, 2014, 07:50:14 PM
Here is the new Soho Road branding
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4966.html
no nearside yet, it hadn't been applied!

Has 4966 been named Susan? :)

Yes, all of 4966-82 are to be named

Thank You Tony :) Branding looks great
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Stuharris 6360

Isn't this idea of naming buses getting a bit daft, when PE did it they named them after people famous in the Black Country and of course 4817 was a one off for the young disabled lad, no problem there, but Just calling buses random names doesn't mean anything.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

John

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 13, 2014, 08:04:03 PM
Isn't this idea of naming buses getting a bit daft, when PE did it they named them after people famous in the Black Country and of course 4817 was a one off for the young disabled lad, no problem there, but Just calling buses random names doesn't mean anything.

I presume they are names of daughters of drivers and garage staff, like the previous named buses

CL

Quote from: John on September 13, 2014, 08:04:55 PM

I presume they are names of daughters of drivers and garage staff, like the previous named buses

It's a nice idea, but I'm sure someone had said that there's been two buses named the same name. I just think, had they used the 'bubbles' with the full names on (like the Scanias on 17 Branded Buses & 4781), it'll mean something more personal, and more likely not to get confused with others...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ashley

Any WB B6's still out does anybody know?

Tony

They are not 'random names' Susan is the name of the twin sister of the garage based driving instructor at West Bromwich who he last a couple of years ago, every name has a meaning to someone, and the reaction from normal passengers has been very positive

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: clayderman on September 13, 2014, 08:29:22 PM

It's a nice idea, but I'm sure someone had said that there's been two buses named the same name. I just think, had they used the 'bubbles' with the full names on (like the Scanias on 17 Branded Buses & 4781), it'll mean something more personal, and more likely not to get confused with others...

Very good point Claderman & why not boys names?

I mean the next new batch of E400 could be called Tony, Winston, Nathan, Stu etc etc (Hint Hint)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

domino.99

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 13, 2014, 08:33:36 PM
Quote from: clayderman on September 13, 2014, 08:29:22 PM

Very good point Claderman & why not boys names?

I mean the next new batch of E400 could be called Tony, Winston, Nathan, Stu etc etc (Hint Hint)
It's similar to Eddie Stobart in a way, really like the branding AMAZING shade of blue, one of my most favourite go to colours.

Rob H

Quote from: Tony on September 13, 2014, 08:32:04 PM

They are not 'random names' Susan is the name of the twin sister of the garage based driving instructor at West Bromwich who he last a couple of years ago, every name has a meaning to someone, and the reaction from normal passengers has been very positive

There's a 900 E400 named after a cousin who we lost in a car crash on New Year's Eve in 2001 - 4900 'Jennifer'
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Stuharris 6360

Would it not be an idea to put a poster on the buses affected telling people a little about the naming scheme (obviously not about every name), am sure there are more people out there that just thought that names were being selected at random.

the trainbasher

@Stuharris 6360 there's an idea...name the fleet after us forumites :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

domino.99

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 13, 2014, 08:54:52 PM
Would it not be an idea to put a poster on the buses affected telling people a little about the naming scheme (obviously not about every name), am sure there are more people out there that just thought that names were being selected at random.
There was something like that on one of the X96 branded B7's cant remember which one annoyingly.

John

Quote from: NXDom on September 13, 2014, 09:10:29 PM
There was something like that on one of the X96 branded B7's cant remember which one annoyingly.

2093 has a poster with a short text of the person named. Frank Foley - the Man Who Saved 10,000 Jews

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: NXDom on September 13, 2014, 09:10:29 PM

i just think it might be a good PR thing for NE, showing people that they haven't just invented names, that they have consulted with there drivers and there is a reason for every name used.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk