News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

4519(?) has suffered a minor collision on the Soho Road. A car was backing out and the bus (on service 74) was trying to avoid it by swerving. Needless to say, that plan didn't work ot. we heard a bump, and a minor scream, but I don't think it was too serious. If repair was to happen, I'd say it'll just be the front leftside bumper that sticks out on the hefty Geminis.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

uniquicity

CL

Suppose they'll be gone by the end of the month. :(

Liberator9

I reckon I need to get out and start catching some of the 0-405s ; I've only ever caught three of them! Although all three were excellent rides - notably a rather empty 246 thrash back to Dudley...how that bus flew  :o

WB

Quote from: Nathan on July 26, 2014, 09:24:35 AM
Quote from: WB on July 26, 2014, 09:02:34 AM
Quote from: Ashley on July 26, 2014, 08:56:29 AM
Saw a BC 49xx E400 on West Bromwich Ringway at 1250ish thursday lunchtime and yes it was a BC one, had no branding or adverts #stickerspotters

Probably just going to west brom garage to use the rollers in the workshop. There's a 45** parked in the front yard not sure where it's from or why it's there

A 45**? Trident or B7TL (Wright Eclipse Gemini?)

Sorry missed that part it was a trident but it's gone now.
The mercs are being scrapped as and when the mots run out and I'm guessing it's going to be the same with most darts and b6's

Trident 4609

That will be one of the WN tridents then. 

CL

Quote from: Liberator9 on July 26, 2014, 06:30:55 PM
I reckon I need to get out and start catching some of the 0-405s ; I've only ever caught three of them! Although all three were excellent rides - notably a rather empty 246 thrash back to Dudley...how that bus flew  :o

I will miss them. I'm sure there's still a fair few at Pensnett that's not going anywhere for at least another month, I'll be sure to catch those near Halesowen/Dudley... Great Machines. Love buses that rattle a bit, don't you agree? Speaking of rattling buses, the WB President on the 5 today had a smoother ride. I really must travel more before my bus pass runs out, nonetheless, it won't stop me from getting daysavers if ii'm planning a journey with 3+ buses...

Liberator9

Agreed there Clayderman! I do love buses that have that bit of character - the Mercs have that and certainly the few times I've caught them they haven't let me down. The Liberators at YW (and the ex AG ones - wish they were still here) are the same - 1419 in particular can be thrashed well, and you can feel the power of it. Even better was when it was literally hurtling down a bumpy road, the rattling giving it a really good character, but it was still solid and easily getting up any hill.

CL

Metrobuses were the days. Those were the days, I tell you...

Does anybody know what will happen to (i think) 4519, involved in a minor Soho Rd collision? Somebody tell me if it's returned to service tomorrow. Many Thanks!

uniquicity

4914 in t'bus station doing type training today. I remember seeing the same thing in May 2002 with a YW President ;)

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: uniquicity on July 28, 2014, 02:29:22 PM
4914 in t'bus station doing type training today. I remember seeing the same thing in May 2002 with a YW President ;)

Does that confirm where the Commonwealth Games buses are going then?

andrew1991

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on July 29, 2014, 10:24:35 AM

Reply #1239 Tony confirmed that 4940 up are not for WB just incase you didn't see it.

JB93

Quote from: Andrew on July 29, 2014, 10:37:09 AM
Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on July 29, 2014, 10:24:35 AM

Reply #1239 Tony confirmed that 4940 up are not for WB just incase you didn't see it.

But he did say there may be other E400s that arrive before 4940+ are finished at the Commonwealth Games, so they may be going to West Brom, and then the E400s at the Games may be going to another garage?

Trident 4609

752 is having a day on the 45 today if anybody is interested.

karl724223

A west brom gemini at merry hill bus station this morning at 0720 with a certain driver at the wheel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk