News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uniquicity

4709 and 4710 are debranded.

uniquicity

4702 now debranded, this was parked up at Oak Lane

WB

With regards to the enviro 400's from other garages i have been told by the training manager that west brom are only getting 7 400's from other garages??
Anybody else know anything different? There are some parked at the back of oak lane depot but not sure which fleet numbers.

Tony

Quote from: WB on April 12, 2015, 09:27:33 AM
With regards to the enviro 400's from other garages i have been told by the training manager that west brom are only getting 7 400's from other garages??
Anybody else know anything different? There are some parked at the back of oak lane depot but not sure which fleet numbers.

I know where that has come from (that planned changes sheet that was posted on Facebook), but I expect all 25 to arrive judging by the MD's business brief a few weeks ago

WB

Quote from: Tony on April 12, 2015, 09:40:46 AM
I know where that has come from (that planned changes sheet that was posted on Facebook), but I expect all 25 to arrive judging by the MD's business brief a few weeks ago

Oh right so we're going to have a garage pretty much full of dennis buses?
It was only the week before last she told me that we was only getting 7 of them and that type training would be for all drivers but priority for the 82/87 rota due to them being branded for those routes.

Gareth

That doesn't really make sense, as the 82/87 needs more than 7 buses, and are the 57 plate Enviros really that much different to the 14 plates that type training needs to be given?

WB

Quote from: Gareth on April 12, 2015, 12:11:06 PM
That doesn't really make sense, as the 82/87 needs more than 7 buses, and are the 57 plate Enviros really that much different to the 14 plates that type training needs to be given?

The cab on the older 400's has a different layout, different way of starting the bus etc..
Thats all :)

BU07 LGO

Quote from: WB on April 12, 2015, 12:36:22 PM
The cab on the older 400's has a different layout, different way of starting the bus etc..
Thats all :)

The new ones are nicer to drive and really smooth but you cant beat the older ones!

Tony

Quote from: WB on April 12, 2015, 11:56:39 AM
Oh right so we're going to have a garage pretty much full of dennis buses?
It was only the week before last she told me that we was only getting 7 of them and that type training would be for all drivers but priority for the 82/87 rota due to them being branded for those routes.

The fleet changes sheet for changes up to 26/4 had just 4745-51 transferring which is where the 7 has come from, but it also only had 6123-9 entering service at YW, hence why only 7 were to move on that sheet. I presume she hasn't seen a later one yet

WB

Quote from: Tony on April 12, 2015, 12:40:48 PM
The fleet changes sheet for changes up to 26/4 had just 4745-51 transferring which is where the 7 has come from, but it also only had 6123-9 entering service at YW, hence why only 7 were to move on that sheet. I presume she hasn't seen a later one yet

Sounds good to me!
Im guessing the remaining mercs will go along with some of the older deckers then?

WB

1661 is also dumped on the back car park at west brom garage

Personal,s at West Bromwich not the most clued up on the comings and goings of fleet transfers, from my dealings with training office they just show you what's wot on the bus, if you ask detailed questions about a particulars of a vehicle they eh got a clue. The one time one of the new enviro 400s was having its branding applied when I went for type training the training woman was amazed it was vinyl transfers being applied she assumed it was painted on. I thought really imagine the cost.
Follow this website for accurate info from Tony and others.

uniquicity

The Fox 4846

Are the 47** Gemini's at West Brom euro 3 or euro 4?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

winston

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on April 12, 2015, 04:19:42 PM
Are the 47** Gemini's at West Brom euro 3 or euro 4?

Not 100% sure, but I think they may be Euro 3.

IIRC Euro 4 came in on Volvo's when the double decker chassis switched from B7TL to B9TL.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk