News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

Managed to get pics of 4950/4952

4950- https://flic.kr/p/onjKXD

4952-https://flic.kr/p/oDM7eh
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

751 had a ride on this bus earlier, quite impressed considering it's an adl minibus. The ride was pleasant, engine/box smooth, vastly better than the 800 series at west brom. Rattling quite minimal even going over rough roads all very composed. Well it's any ones guess how they fare over the coming months.

Trident 4609

Quote from: 2900 on August 09, 2014, 05:18:44 PM
751 had a ride on this bus earlier, quite impressed considering it's an adl minibus. The ride was pleasant, engine/box smooth, vastly better than the 800 series at west brom. Rattling quite minimal even going over rough roads all very composed. Well it's any ones guess how they fare over the coming months.

Think i had that one on the 47 earlier. They do seem better than the LWB ones in my opinion

WB

Did you not find 751 to have stupidly strong retarder throwing you forward everytime it stopped? Maybe you just had a driver that has figured out how to drive them properly because I can't ;)

37351ml

The pic of 4950 has a bus enthusiast about to board in the green t-shirt,not sure if he is on this group.

Trident 4609

I've noticed on the windows at the back that there is a notice telling people to keep their feet off the rear facing seats

Quote from: WB on August 09, 2014, 06:38:27 PM

Did you not find 751 to have stupidly strong retarder throwing you forward everytime it stopped? Maybe you just had a driver that has figured out how to drive them properly because I can't ;)

Same as Some Spectra's
Same As Some Trident's (4565 - 4584) (Not Only NX but other operators also)
Same as Some Of The Metro's
Similar (but not as bad) on Streetlites

Common Denominator - VOITH!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Kevin

Quote from: WB on August 09, 2014, 06:38:27 PM

Found that on one of the PB E200s on the 654, only really noticable when you get some speed though which on that route doesn't really happen too much
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Rob H

Quote from: Nathan on August 09, 2014, 11:27:48 PM
I've noticed on the windows at the back that there is a notice telling people to keep their feet off the rear facing seats

BC 4159 has that aswell :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

John

Quote from: Rob on August 10, 2014, 09:11:06 AM

If only people took any notice of them!

I have always thought a clear plastic sheet over the bottom seat pad of the rear facing seats would be a good idea to prevent the wearing out of the seats by peoples feet

WB, at no point did I during the twenty minute journey experience being thrown forwards by the retarder, mind you it was early morning nothing on the road so the the driver just cruising along. I guess the driver has Sussed out the retarder.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on August 10, 2014, 09:39:56 AM
Quote from: Rob on August 10, 2014, 09:11:06 AM

If only people took any notice of them!

I have always thought a clear plastic sheet over the bottom seat pad of the rear facing seats would be a good idea to prevent the wearing out of the seats by peoples feet

Well, it's the soles of the shoes which are the issue. If it was simply flesh then nothing would be corroded.

Nah I'm just messin
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

vinh1000

Noticed 4953 out this morning also

How many more have they got ATM?
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Trident 4609

Quote from: vinh1000 on August 11, 2014, 07:46:06 AM
Noticed 4953 out this morning also

How many more have they got ATM?

4950-9 if they are all back in the West Midlands now?

winston

Saw a new WB SWB E200 at Oldbury about 1.30pm which looked to be heading back to WB garage with '54 New Buses For West Bromwich' on the LED display, not sure if it was returning from some sort of launch event?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk