News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on May 31, 2024, 02:42:14 PMJust thinking with the Works still at Aston you can't get from Walsall to Wolverhampton now without the use of a bus, so if possible couldn't they run a half hourly service direct Between Walsall and Wolverhampton using the direct line through Darlaston, I Don't think the 730's are approved for use on the line but the 350's are so maybe just 1 350 that would be used on that diagram usually to link the Walsall to Wolverhampton Passengers as opposed to crowding the Birmingham trains which should be for Walsall to Brum during these works. That is what the line is there for engineering works and freight. Would take about 12-15 minutes to do the line. When I caught 350406 to Hamstead the other day my carriage didn't seem to busy I was coach 3 but Platform 2 at Walsall was busy and the train seemed busy in the first 2 coaches due to the extra passengers at Bescot, Tame Bridge and Hamstead. If possible maybe have 1 of the direct trains serve Bescot then go down the line.
Walsall Wolverhampton is just as quick as before and you don't need a bus, just a change in Birmingham 

mikestone

323243 and 323207 have gone from Wolverton to Allerton - its not obvious what has been done to them.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on May 31, 2024, 04:06:15 PMWalsall Wolverhampton is just as quick as before and you don't need a bus, just a change in Birmingham
Oh yeah I forgot that the International trains were still running. I was just thinking about the Tame Bridge to Birmingham bus for Wolverhampton passengers. But yeah I forgot 350406 stopped additionally at Bescot, Tame Bridge making the bus sort of pointless and Hamstead before using the Soho line to Birmingham
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Jay71

WMR are claiming to be short staffed yet again.  I wonder how many staff are off watching the Euros

karl724223

Quote from: Jay71 on Yesterday at 06:38:12 PMWMR are claiming to be short staffed yet again.  I wonder how many staff are off watching the Euros
If it's there rest day so what 
Complain to there gaffer like you do to Simon at diamond 

Jay71

Quote from: karl724223 on Yesterday at 07:14:12 PMIf it's there rest day so what
Complain to there gaffer like you do to Simon at diamond
A complaint has already been emailed.  I'll be expecting some bs response back

Gareth

Quote from: Jay71 on Yesterday at 07:22:23 PMA complaint has already been emailed.  I'll be expecting some bs response back
How exactly do you even start to compose an email about staff shortage? Are they supposed to deny holiday? Force sick people to come in?
You mention you expect a bs response, but what response would you actually like? How can they magic some staff into work?

Jay71

Quote from: Gareth on Yesterday at 08:38:54 PMHow exactly do you even start to compose an email about staff shortage? Are they supposed to deny holiday? Force sick people to come in?
You mention you expect a bs response, but what response would you actually like? How can they magic some staff into work?
Funny how the staff shortages are now coinciding with football matches.
Maybe it's wrong of me to expect a good service from a useless foreign owned company

karl724223

Quote from: Jay71 on Yesterday at 09:38:04 PMFunny how the staff shortages are now coinciding with football matches.
Maybe it's wrong of me to expect a good service from a useless foreign owned company
Which bit of you can't make staff work there rest days don't you understand 

Tony

Quote from: Jay71 on Yesterday at 09:38:04 PMFunny how the staff shortages are now coinciding with football matches.
West Midlands Trains have done far better than nearly every other company on sorting out the the staff problems caused by COVID which had large numbers of older staff retiring and new staff unable to do the required training in the small cab space. When I was in Manchester last week all of Northern, Cross Country, Avanti and Trans Pennine had multiple cancellations without football being played. It's a long time since I suffered a 'no staff' cancellation on the Chase line

Gareth

Ok, so a couple may or may not have pulled a sickie to watch a football match. What will your email do to resolve this and what response would you like from WMR?

I assume you either don't manage a team of staff or have ever been a member of staff?

BK63 YWP

QuoteFunny how the staff shortages are now coinciding with football matches.
First of all Sunday is not part of anyone's contract, it's an overtime day.
Second of all each depot can be allow up a certain amount of drivers off each day (it's the summer, most people go away) 
Thirdly the railway runs on overtime due to the government not allowing people enough people to be hired. It takes a while to get a trainee fully trained
Fourthly it's no longer owned by abellio, majority stake is a UK company.
Fifthly irony is it is a football game on a Sunday which is voluntary to work so people aren't going to work it!! 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk